Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so I'm going to gamestop tomorrow to preorder Black Ops. I want a game to hold me over till BO, I DO NOT want a sports game. Any suggestions?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Ok so I'm going to gamestop tomorrow to preorder Black Ops. I want a game to hold me over till BO, I DO NOT want a sports game. Any suggestions?
Batman Arkham asylum, the first Bio shock, Ninja Gaiden 2, FF 13, Alan wake, Mass effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 4 of the 6 you listed and I want a new game. I'm thinking about getting Enslaved

Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The X-men arcade game is finally coming out on XBL this November. This is amazing news.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
2K11 is sweeeeeeet. Playing with Jordan is the greatest thing a sports game has done.
Yeah, I'd love to see more sports games start doing stuff like that. But I think the only sport where there's a Jordan figure is hockey, with Gretzky. They kinda did that on NHL Slapshot with the Wii, but I'd love to see NHL 12 get the full Gretzky treatment with Gretzky moments and being him in BAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I have 4 of the 6 you listed and I want a new game. I'm thinking about getting Enslaved
It's pretty good. The story is excellent. The gameplay is solid, but it doesn't have a ton of depth, combat wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I like IGN. Guitar hero tho has been beaten by Rock band since like three years ago when each came out with the sequel. Guitar hero has yet to evolve like Rock Band has, and the new rock band is awesome.
Except that's not true.

GH3 greatly outsold RB
GH:WT greatly outsold RB2
I think GH5 outsold TB:RB as well

You might not know this since you don't actually play both games, but Guitar Hero has perfected their gameplay instead of "evolving". They introduced party play and rockfest which are 2 really fun modes. They give variable hyperspeed settings and don't slow down the note charts on expert when you're playing locally with someone on an easier difficulty. They put in open bass notes to make bass more fun and put in Expert+ drums so you get the complete double bass drum chart. Neversoft has added in the little things that hardcore players appreciate. In WoR, for example, you can pause mid-song and when it starts up you get a timer and the notes scale back so you're not rushed.

I don't really think RB has "evolved" gameplay by adding in expensive new instruments that most people won't bother with. ON the contrary, they've stubbornly refused to add in small but key features that the hardcore community demand, and their note charting has grown suspect over the years.

I understand that you guys (and the gaming media), aren't privy to these things and possibly don't care, but it's frustrating to me when there are so many misinformed people out there that hate on Guitar Hero like sheep because it's the cool thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Eh, I think Guitar Hero World Tour was the best out of any of those games. Best and largest track list and you can play all the instruments on it.
lol, I understand this is all a matter of opinion, but most hardcore fans think GH:WT was the worst Guitar Hero ever. The track list was too easy, the game was buggy and it lacked a lot of key features that make the game much more fun today.

Quote:
Rock Band with three other guys that are really into music is a ton of fun. The new rock band is using new controllers to try and get people to learn and play real instruments which is awesome.
That's awesome...if you're willing to pony up $150 to play fake real guitar, plus "Pro" DLC will cost $1 more than usual.

The Rock Band experience is awesome with friends but me and my friends prefer to play Guitar Hero because we can all play on different difficulties and hyperspeed settings without worrying about all the lanes going at Easy speed because one friend sucks at drums.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reallllllllllly want to play this new Castlevania game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I reallllllllllly want to play this new Castlevania game.
I am actually pretty disappointed with it. The story telling is god awful.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's pretty good. The story is excellent. The gameplay is solid, but it doesn't have a ton of depth, combat wise.
That's one that would be a 'rent'. I might Goozex it when it gets down to ~400 points or so.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

That's awesome...if you're willing to pony up $150 to play fake real guitar, plus "Pro" DLC will cost $1 more than usual.

The Rock Band experience is awesome with friends but me and my friends prefer to play Guitar Hero because we can all play on different difficulties and hyperspeed settings without worrying about all the lanes going at Easy speed because one friend sucks at drums.
Get better friends.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect 2 on Insanity is really, really frustrating.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I am actually pretty disappointed with it. The story telling is god awful.
It might be one you may have to be a Castlevania fan to enjoy. The graphics look sick, and all my Castlevania friends love it.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It might be one you may have to be a Castlevania fan to enjoy. The graphics look sick, and all my Castlevania friends love it.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I've played and beat every game with the exception of Kid Dracula. It has very little to do with the rest of the series outside of inspirational ties, which isn't a bad thing, but still, it's not a "Castlevania friends" type deal. It's a good game combat wise, but the story telling sets video games back ten years. God awful script and the voice acting is cheesy and bombastic. It's supposedly gets better eventually, but god, it has some moments where it just comes out completely flat.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your mom likes to Rhidon my dick.
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PrimetimeTheDon
Rookie

PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.

So I hear the new NBA 2k is the best sports game ever made. The one with Jordan.

Thoughts?

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.
PrimetimeTheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeTheDon View Post
So I hear the new NBA 2k is the best sports game ever made. The one with Jordan.

Thoughts?
If I see that ad one more time with either of those arrogant pricks im gonna buy every copy of that game and burn it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only problem I had with insanity was the stupid parts with re-spawning enemies.

I dont know why games still turn out re-spawning dudes, it sucks. But yeah, there were some tougher moments on insanity.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And yeah, this is Castlevania reboot, of sorts...it doesnt have much to do with any of the past games, I heard. Many of the reviews say, that all it has in common, is the name itself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
And yeah, this is Castlevania reboot, of sorts...it doesnt have much to do with any of the past games, I heard. Many of the reviews say, that all it has in common, is the name itself.
I honest to god do see how they got where they ended up. The art direction is great and the game is gorgeous. The only thing extremely different about it is the lack of a big castle to explore. But it does have a Castlevania feel to it despite that.

There's a lot of stuff about it that just don't work. The script and the voice acting are absolutely awful at times. Without getting into spoilers, at an early point in the game, you meet a character who dies very shorty after. We were clearly supposed to have sympathy for that character given the circumstances, but the entire thing, comes off awkward and silly feeling. Got really frustrated with the game at that point, because with a bit of editing, it really could have been a great plot point. It did not miss by much, but it did miss and that's purely the fault of the writing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Thinking of getting Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Thoughts?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gotten good reviews. Surprisingly.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get better friends.
lol...easier said than done. My friends are all casuals, WoW/SC2 gamers, MW2 fanboys, and just generally "too busy" for video games. I still haven't got anyone to play Halo: Reach except one of my housemates. There's no hope for Rock Band.

Quote:
Have you played Reach on Legendary yet. Really, really fun. I just beat the space mission and now I'm at the Boardwalk area.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
lol...easier said than done. My friends are all casuals, WoW/SC2 gamers, MW2 fanboys, and just generally "too busy" for video games. I still haven't got anyone to play Halo: Reach except one of my housemates. There's no hope for Rock Band.

Have you played Reach on Legendary yet. Really, really fun. I just beat the space mission and now I'm at the Boardwalk area.
A couple levels on co-op. Haven't really had a chance yet.