Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiderman 2 was the best Spiderman game I've ever played. You could swing around all day and fight crime. There was always ass to kick in that game

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
lol...easier said than done. My friends are all casuals, WoW/SC2 gamers, MW2 fanboys, and just generally "too busy" for video games. I still haven't got anyone to play Halo: Reach except one of my housemates. There's no hope for Rock Band.

Have you played Reach on Legendary yet. Really, really fun. I just beat the space mission and now I'm at the Boardwalk area.
Legendary isn't bad. It's almost easier than Heroic at times because the NPCs actually shoot the enemies.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Legendary was awesome. I'm almost enjoying it more the second time around because of how fast I rushed through it with some friends at midnight when it came out. If you get four people to play it, its a blast. I couldnt imagine doing it solo tho, I know theres a challenge for it.

Also as for the spider-man comment, if your a big spider-man guy go for it. Alot of reviews said the combat is repetitive and there are some minor annoyances but it has dead pool in it, which makes it awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided, unless they have spidey pre-owned Im not getting it

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are any of you shooters getting Medal of Honor, or are you waiting for Black Ops?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Are any of you shooters getting Medal of Honor, or are you waiting for Black Ops?
Neither. I'll wait for the superior game in Battlefield 3.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Mass Effect 2 on Insanity is really, really frustrating.
I'm replaying it on insanity and I'm having an easier time than I did on hardcore so far oddly enough. I think it's because I found tricks in difficult spots from the first play through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Neither. I'll wait for the superior game in Battlefield 3.
This. Battlefield 3 will be better than both. I'll play TF2/L4D2 to hold me over until then. MOH beta didn't impress me all, and that's disappointing considering its also done by DICE. The maps were tiny and they had to add stupid kill streaks.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-11-2010 at 04:32 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I'm good with Halo Reach until Gears3 on 360. All I ever did in BF2 was strap C4 to friendly air units and set it off when they started to fly away. So yeah, probably won't bother.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, Castlevania has gotten better since I beat Enslaved. Enslaved is the better game though. Well, maybe not "game", but it's the better overall experience. Can't recommend people experiencing that enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finished up Half-Life 2 today. Well the final episode, that is.

I didnt care for the original Half-Life all that much. And still think it's overrated as hell. And while I do think HL2 is overrated as well...it became an enjoyable experience, some time into it. I wasnt digging it too much at the beginning, but it got better. Half-Life gets a lot of points for doing it first...but i still in no way, could call it the best FPS I ever played, like so many people have proclaimed it to be. I did enjoy it after a while, though. Even tried that annoying rocket gnome achievement. Just for the hell of it. It was a real *****, because Valve's stupid muscle car with no windows or floor, wasnt ideal for transporting said gnome.

7 Days until New Vegas. I'm just gonna mess around until then, not too sure what I'll play to keep me busy. I wont be starting anything too extensive...because once New Vegas drops, that's all I'll play for a while.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to find 80 dollars real quick for that one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh, I don't like Half Life. Maybe it's because I have poor taste, but I've given it so many chances and I just don't like that particular style of game. I want to, I really do see some of the good in it, but it's just not my cup of tea. I have similar issues with Bioshock, which I really do like as a story and as an idea, but not for the gameplay so much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because you're wrong.
mehhhhhhhhhhh.

I dont get the hype at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

force unleashed 2 demo is out....so are the books, comics, etc.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't finish Half-Life 2. I mean it was fun, but it wasn't that great. Portal on the other hand, I loved.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half life changed shooters for Pcs the way Halo did for console shooters. Playing both for the first time after all these years certainly wont give you the same feeling of fun they would have if you played them at release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
hopefully that was taken as the light ribbing it was intended as, clearly everyone has different opinions.

either way, the original was absolutely mind-blowing on release. i can see it being boring/lame now, but so much of what, say, mass effect is came as a result of half-life. even HL2 is a better looking/playing game than most of the shooters coming out now.

realistically, if you played it on a console, i can see your opinion no matter when you'd have played it. they were meant as pc games.

and, in the interest of taking some **** myself, i've thought every halo game was average at best.
lol. Not getting worked up at all. It's all good natured. I just never got the hype. Like I said, I give Valve major props for doing it first. But that doesnt mean it was done the best. Love the innovation, but I think others have expanded and improved upon that. Namely Bioshock. I understand seeing this stuff when it first released was mind blowing...but things have gotten better, gameplay has gotten crisper. The original Half-Life hasnt really aged all that well. Now HL2 still looks pretty damn good compared to most modern day shooters, as you said. But the gameplay actually feels rather generic or dated, these days. The vehicles control horribly, the gun play, outside of the gravity gun use, is nothing special, enemy variety is greatly lacking. And I've never been a huge fan of the story, itself. Or atleast, how it's told.

The 1st Half-Life was pretty much the first FPS with a story...but looking back, there wasnt much really there. The story was more confusing, than any good. Seems like doing it first and nostalgia helped hype Half-Life's story up to some ridiculous pedestal. HL2 does a much better job with the story...but while people praise them for not spoon-feeding the story...there isnt a whole lot of interaction or story piecing going on with NPCs. You'd think someone would fill Freeman in on the goings on, while he's been gone. The fact that they try and shroud everything in mystery, makes little sense to me. It's the less is more approach, but in this context, it's just odd. Most developers would get torn apart for delivering their story like this.

HL2 was a good game, I'll admit. I had fun with it. But I dont see what makes it the best FPS ever. It's still a strictly linear experience, with generic gameplay. And with all the physics puzzles, and the engine itself. It has a very tech demo type feel to it. I just dont get it, really. Personally, I'm a believer that Valve's games are just overrated, through my eyes, at least. Again though, I'm playing on the 360. And they still feel very PC like...and I'm not the biggest PC gamer fan out there.

As for Halo...not a fan, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason why I grew to like Halo so much is because I can run around and kill people even if they see me first and get the first shot in on me.

I'm better than most people at "point and shoot" but I have way too much ADD to cover a certain area strategically. In Halo, I can run around like a madman and still kill you way more often than you kill me.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Anyone buying Fable 3 day one?

I wont be, but like i said before...I figure I'll probably pick it up shortly after. Whenever I finish New Vegas, probably. I didnt want to, but I find myself kind of getting excited for it, as it nears.

Plus, I dont think anything else I want is coming out until Dead Space 2 in January.

edit...well maybe Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably not day one, but I want to get my hands on Fable 3. I think I like Fable 2 more than most here. I mean, the ending was ******, and it felt the the experience just ended too early, but while I did play the game it was fun as hell. Being able to play alongside your friends online was sick.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I played it again pretty recently. And the game is undoubtedly fun...the ending just lessened the experience for me. I had a good old time playing the game a second time. It's a very solid series, not the greatest out there, but still very enjoyable.

Oh and I'll probably pick up Dragon Age Origins: the Ultimate Edition, sometime before Deadspace 2 as well. mmmmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Actually, Deus Ex was the first FPS to have a story n'stuff and it is the best FPS evarrr.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Half-Life was made in like 97 or 98.

It precedes Deus Ex.

That said, I bought the original Deus Ex, again this year...and I find it very hard to get into as well. I am however looking forward to and have preordered the new Deus Ex game.

I honestly may watch youtube videos of a playthrough to see how the first game plays out, because I'm finding it difficult to play it, in this day and age.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Having played Half Life 2 when it came out on the PC, and now having played it on the 360, I think I can say for sure it hasn't aged well and doesn't translate well either. I wasn't the biggest fan in the world when it first came out, but I remember being a lot more impressed than than I am now.

Deus Ex is in the same boat, although that game is absolutely ancient at this point. Honestly liked that game more than either of the Half Life games. Human Revolution looks interested, but I'm just not sure about the game since Warren Spector isn't doing the heavy lifting, although he was there for Invisible War and that game absolutely blew compared to the first.

One thing that really bothers me about the vast majority of story driven shooters is the inability to aim down the sights(One of the reasons I can never be completely into Halo too). It used to not bother me much, but having played games that allow you to, it just completely ruined others for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hopefully that was taken as the light ribbing it was intended as, clearly everyone has different opinions.

either way, the original was absolutely mind-blowing on release. i can see it being boring/lame now, but so much of what, say, mass effect is came as a result of half-life. even HL2 is a better looking/playing game than most of the shooters coming out now.

realistically, if you played it on a console, i can see your opinion no matter when you'd have played it. they were meant as pc games.

and, in the interest of taking some **** myself, i've thought every halo game was average at best.
Playing Half-Life on the console would be so weird. I loved the original HL. I enjoyed the second one as well as it made some pretty awesome use of in-game physics at the time.

I was actually never a big fan of shooters until I played HL. It really spawned the idea of a 'thinking mans' shooter.