Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart man, NJX. haha.

Perhaps the worst ending in gaming history. I didnt even get to kill the bastard, because I waited too long the first time I played. So freaking anti-climactic. I hope to hell, they have something good instore, to conclude this next game.

I'm hoping to get it under $60. Excellent reviews, could get me paying full price, however.

It may see a nice drop on black friday. Like some of the October releases last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hopefully that was taken as the light ribbing it was intended as, clearly everyone has different opinions.

either way, the original was absolutely mind-blowing on release. i can see it being boring/lame now, but so much of what, say, mass effect is came as a result of half-life. even HL2 is a better looking/playing game than most of the shooters coming out now.

realistically, if you played it on a console, i can see your opinion no matter when you'd have played it. they were meant as pc games.

and, in the interest of taking some **** myself, i've thought every halo game was average at best.
I couldn't agree with this post more, from HL2 to Halo.

As for Fable 3, the only way I'd buy it first day is so I could take a **** in the case and sent it directly to Lionhead. Unless there is a major leap that actually makes it feel like a current gen game, then I'd get it pretty quick after release. Fable 1 was muuuch better than Fable 2.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 3 tests next week, and New Vegas on Tuesday. This is going to be difficult. I started a final F3 playthrough, but there is now way I will be able to finish it. Fallout 3, you blew my mind, I cannot believe I bought Farcry 2 over you, you were well worth the HUD bars getting burned in the corners of my 65 inch television, and those hundreds upon hundreds of hours were very well spent.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Fallout 3 was good? I just watched the trailer for vegas and am intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So Fallout 3 was good? I just watched the trailer for vegas and am intrigued.
Fallout 3 was excellent and I'm not an RPG guy. Only complaint I have about the game was whenever I turned it on, I would end up playing it for hours at a time not realizing how much time has passed.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally with those games i just dont care for the combat systems. Oblivion was the same way, it's awesome how many options you have, and the entire areas to explore and rpg elements, but I normally just get frustrated with the combat. How are the shooting mechanics?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Normally with those games i just dont care for the combat systems. Oblivion was the same way, it's awesome how many options you have, and the entire areas to explore and rpg elements, but I normally just get frustrated with the combat. How are the shooting mechanics?
Not that bad, a lot better than I expected. I'm just hoping they take a step forward in New Vegas and not a step in the other direction since its being made by the ppl who made the original Fallouts which I thought were garbage.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll end up getting fable 3 on day one because my girlfriend has completely stolen my xbox and has been playing fable 2 nonstop.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I'm just hoping they take a step forward in New Vegas and not a step in the other direction since its being made by the ppl who made the original Fallouts which I thought were garbage.
:(

This post makes me so sad. RIP Black Isle.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fable 3 Launch Trailer

Really cool trailer, as is the case with these monster releases. But yeah, tis cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-13-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
:(

This post makes me so sad. RIP Black Isle.
Indeed. They only did two bads (Lionheart, Alpha Protocol), so I don't know how anyone could worry about anything those dudes put out.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm in the same boat about the elder scroll series. I can't stand the combat. The shooting mechanics suck in Fallout 3, and the auto targeting VATS gets boring pretty quickly, imo.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not worried about New Vegas because of the engine build, and Obsidian's past involvment. But Alpha Protcol was a mess and poorly managed throughout the entire process. That thing hemorrhaged cash and was a flop of massive proportions. So I'm not too surprised that some are a little wary about New Vegas' quality.

Bethesda seems damn proud of the work Obsidian has done on it, though. So it should be a fantastic game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-13-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but AP also wasn't THAT bad...just extremely underwhelming and buggy. It's fairly well-documented that they just tried to do too much with that one. I had no interest in AP and knew it was going to be bad from all the marketing they put behind it, but I'm more than confident in the Black Isle/Obsidian guys.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get tricked by Fable yet again. Perennially disappointing series, mediocre-to-bad action game with lots of trekking, crap for story, no rpg elements despite being labeled an rpg ...the only thing it has going for it is your character's appearance.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone played Medal of Honor? I love all shooters but just wondering if it is a quality game.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alpha Protocol had some great ideas, just poor execution. The massive delays didn't help either. If they put the game out when it was supposed to, it probably would have been looked at a lot different. As it stands, it was extremely dated. From what I read, it was a near impossible situation for Obsidian. Sega constantly changed the design requirements as was far too involved. I tend to believe that to given Sega's recent track record as a publisher. They're backed/pushed out a **** ton of duds this console generation.

They've really got one of the best pedigrees of any RPG developer out there when it comes down to it, probably better than Bethesda even. Fallout 1&2 and Plancescape:Torment are absolutely seminal games and are basically the ground from which all modern western roleplaying games are built on. It's really sad to see fans of the genre not recognize the massive contribution those games gave to the genre. This isn't the first time I've heard this type of sentiment either. It's heartbreaking to watch youtube videos of Fallout 2 and then scroll down to the youtube comments and find 13 your old kids and Johnny come Latelys saying "oh lol that game has the shittest gfx it suckzzzoroz lol".

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-14-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Has anyone played Medal of Honor? I love all shooters but just wondering if it is a quality game.

Campaign is sick but it's way too short. Me and my roommates beat it in about 5 hours which is just ridiculous for a $60 game.

Haven't played a lot online yet but it's really hard to see, at least for me. People are as big as ants and there is just something about the lighting that makes it impossible to see people.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't waste any money on Medal of Honour. It's a rental.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Just leaving this here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-14-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Legendary isn't bad. It's almost easier than Heroic at times because the NPCs actually shoot the enemies.
I didn't say it was hard. I said it was fun. The NPCs are actually helpful, but not because of their shooting. Most of the time they hide behind cover and don't shoot anything. Play the generator defense mission on Legendary and you'll find yourself racking up every kill. The reason they're helpful is because they draw attention allowing me to sneak up behind Elites for assassinations, grenades or gunfire.

Quote:
Legendary was awesome. I'm almost enjoying it more the second time around because of how fast I rushed through it with some friends at midnight when it came out. If you get four people to play it, its a blast. I couldnt imagine doing it solo tho, I know theres a challenge for it.
Solo on Legendary isn't that hard. You just need to use cover and take out enemies one by one. That, and avoid Hunters at all costs. Anytime there are Hunters I just proceed with the mission and run by them. It takes like 7487458 DMR shots in the orange back to kill one. Even if you have a power weapon they're a pain in the ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The only reason why I grew to like Halo so much is because I can run around and kill people even if they see me first and get the first shot in on me.

I'm better than most people at "point and shoot" but I have way too much ADD to cover a certain area strategically. In Halo, I can run around like a madman and still kill you way more often than you kill me.
Meh...that's what I dislike about Halo campaign. Playing it on Normal was boring because I could play like an idiot and still survive. What makes Halo campaigns so good is that the enemy AI is smart, dynamic and adaptive on harder difficulties. If I pull out a laser/sniper the enemies will hide, but if I try to rush in too close they come full throttle and engage in close combat. They flank you too. I'd love to see Bungie make a survival horror game because it would be terrifying.

COD campaign is more frustrating than fun. I didn't find it to be a matter of strategy or even skill. You basically just camp in one area, memorize where the enemies are and pick them off before they get the chance. I know that's realistic but it's not fun.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eTk thats not realistic or fun. Usually they should take cover like in halo.

Thats the one thing I wish they could combine. Ghost Recon team play with Rainbow six cover system, and Call of Duty run and gun. There some how needs to be these things with you as the player and the AI doing it combined all together. I know someone is going to say counter strike.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

COD campaign is more frustrating than fun. I didn't find it to be a matter of strategy or even skill. You basically just camp in one area, memorize where the enemies are and pick them off before they get the chance. I know that's realistic but it's not fun.
Funny because that pretty much describes COD's multi player too.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamestop is offering 30.00 for Reach, I need to hurry up and get this LT Col and get cash for that while I still can, this might be the first game I have ever traded in.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who complain about camping and the game being unbalanced in multiplayer are just the people that aren't any good at it.