Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you referring to COD or Reach? I never really thought of camping as a problem in the Halo series, but it can get really bad in COD, especially in Hardcore w/ UMP's.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm referring to COD. People usually complain about it in TDM or FFA, but i never play those game modes, so i guess that's why i don't see it as much. Playing objective games really makes the campers obsolete.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The COD multiplayer is so frustrating because the Xbox community loves to use the easiest or cheapest tactic and spam the **** out of it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that is very irritating is the OMA/Danger Close spam tubing. I can usually deal with everything else.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made an OMA class just for those kids, rarely do you run into anyone who can out tube you. I really feel they noobiness has dropped in COD, the only thing now are people with modded controllers, but they usually suck as well.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I made an OMA class just for those kids, rarely do you run into anyone who can out tube you. I really feel they noobiness has dropped in COD, the only thing now are people with modded controllers, but they usually suck as well.
My theory was a lot of the noob tubers migrated when Reach came out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, i have a OMA tubing class also, only bring it out when there's OMA tubers on the other team. Even the modded controllers aren't that big of an issue to me. The only time it really helps is when you're in CQC with a FAL. If you make a FAL automatic from medium to long range, you'll have crazy recoil and you'll miss your target pretty bad.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just scored a free copy of NBA 2k11. WIN!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
Are you referring to COD or Reach? I never really thought of camping as a problem in the Halo series, but it can get really bad in COD, especially in Hardcore w/ UMP's.
sitting in the top of the tower with hologram. waiting for people to try to assassinate hologram, then assassinating them is the win.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I didn't say it was hard. I said it was fun. The NPCs are actually helpful, but not because of their shooting. Most of the time they hide behind cover and don't shoot anything. Play the generator defense mission on Legendary and you'll find yourself racking up every kill. The reason they're helpful is because they draw attention allowing me to sneak up behind Elites for assassinations, grenades or gunfire.

Solo on Legendary isn't that hard. You just need to use cover and take out enemies one by one. That, and avoid Hunters at all costs. Anytime there are Hunters I just proceed with the mission and run by them. It takes like 7487458 DMR shots in the orange back to kill one. Even if you have a power weapon they're a pain in the ***.

Meh...that's what I dislike about Halo campaign. Playing it on Normal was boring because I could play like an idiot and still survive. What makes Halo campaigns so good is that the enemy AI is smart, dynamic and adaptive on harder difficulties. If I pull out a laser/sniper the enemies will hide, but if I try to rush in too close they come full throttle and engage in close combat. They flank you too. I'd love to see Bungie make a survival horror game because it would be terrifying.

COD campaign is more frustrating than fun. I didn't find it to be a matter of strategy or even skill. You basically just camp in one area, memorize where the enemies are and pick them off before they get the chance. I know that's realistic but it's not fun.
Oh, I completely agree; I was just talking about multiplayer. ;)

Running around like a madman gets you killed pretty quickly in campaign. It works for me in multiplayer, though, because I'm better with a BR/DMR than the majority of people. Now that I've gotten the feel for the DMR, I love it. When I played with the BR in Halo 3, it wasn't even fair.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 10-15-2010 at 11:18 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
People who complain about camping and the game being unbalanced in multiplayer are just the people that aren't any good at it.
This is so untrue. I happen to be pretty damn good at COD and I have a blast playing it but I'm not going to sit here and defend it that camping/spamming noob tubes isnt a huuuuuuge part of multi player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
My theory was a lot of the noob tubers migrated when Reach came out.
Very true. On Reach there are a boatload of grenade spammers and Active Camo + Sword/Shotgun campers. I'm guessing most of them are COD immigrants, especially the nade spammers.

Can't wait for Black Ops, even though I'll never play it. The week that Black Ops comes out will be the best week for Halo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
sitting in the top of the tower with hologram. waiting for people to try to assassinate hologram, then assassinating them is the win.
Awesome. Which tower?

I stopped biting on holograms by the 2nd day. The first day was painful though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Oh, I completely agree; I was just talking about multiplayer. ;)

Running around like a madman gets you killed pretty quickly in campaign. It works for me in multiplayer, though, because I'm better with a BR/DMR than the majority of people. Now that I've gotten the feel for the DMR, I love it. When I played with the BR in Halo 3, it wasn't even fair.
OK yeah I completely agree. As long as you avoid nuclear warheads aka grenades then it's run and gun all you want.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah reach has to turn down the damage done by grenades. Not as bad as the noob tube but still annoying by halo standards. Active camo is hilarious, one the radar being jammed always lets me know ones around and two its hilarious because I see them all the time trying to crouch around and half the time I can come up behind them and back smack. The only annoying aspect of cameo are the ones who use it with sniper. That trick works so well.

Also its bs the bungie is releasing a map pack this soon for ten bucks. I know its to lure kids away from black ops, but its obvious the had these maps at luanch and chose not to release them for an extra ten bucks.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Very true. On Reach there are a boatload of grenade spammers and Active Camo + Sword/Shotgun campers. I'm guessing most of them are COD immigrants, especially the nade spammers.
I didn't play Halo 3 much on live, but I did Halo 2. I remember there being **** tons of grenade spamming in Halo 2, and the little I did play of Halo 3 it was still frequent, so I'm just going to have to disagree with you on that.

You have to die in COD to get more grenades, but in Halo you can just pick them up. Halo has just as much grenade spamming, if not more.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-15-2010 at 04:52 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grenade spamming in this Halo is AWFUL. Part of the game, though, and I'm getting used to it and better at using my grenades more effectively.

Completely agree with you on the map packs too, Jvig. Such ********. The maps they included for the release are ok (I ******* hate the Cage and the other one like it, though), but there's only like four of them for Team Slayer and Arena and they get hella boring after, like, five games.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

I traded Reach in towards Black Ops at Gamestop today and got 40.50.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Grenades in Halo and Noob tubing in COD arent even close, and all you need is scavenger to pick up more grenades for the tube.

And agreed YFS, the maps arent all that great, my favorites are all remakes like blood gulch and ivory tower etc... They really should of just shipped with these new maps. However, I'm happier with these maps then I was with the halo 3 maps. Bleeeh

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Grenades in Halo and Noob tubing in COD arent even close, and all you need is scavenger to pick up more grenades for the tube.

And agreed YFS, the maps arent all that great, my favorites are all remakes like blood gulch and ivory tower etc... They really should of just shipped with these new maps. However, I'm happier with these maps then I was with the halo 3 maps. Bleeeh
Oh, I didn't know about the scavenger perk. I don't play MW2. I wasn't talking about noob tubing though.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Oh, I didn't know about the scavenger perk. I don't play MW2. I wasn't talking about noob tubing though.
Yeah scavenger lets you pick up grenades as well. So no it's still different from halo but you have the option if you want to. Grenades arent the same for both games tho your right. I just refer to noob tube as it is an uneven approach to the game much like the grenades are currently in reach.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2010, 03:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If you wanna reload your accessories with scavenger, you sacrifice other very important perks, so it's not like you have a huge advantage over your opponents.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Everytime Ive gotten a nuke it's been with scavenger. Not saying it's better but it certainly can be just as important.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you wanna reload your accessories with scavenger, you sacrifice other very important perks, so it's not like you have a huge advantage over your opponents.
Eh, of all the Slot 1 Perks, Scavenger is probably the best one. Sleight of Hand and Marathon are both good, but pale in comparison to unlimited ammo, stun grenades, and grenades/claymores.

Bling is useless and OMA is too unless you're a tube spammer.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found out the new Xbox 360's are not dual band compatible(Despite Microsoft selling adapters that are). Sucks :( That was one of the things I was most excited about with my new router.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LKAS:SLAKDHASJKLDHAKLJSDHWLIUHSD Microsoft.
Xbox 360 wireless card + 120 GB HDD + remote > $300
equal quality wireless card + 120 GB HDD + remote < $80

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by njx9 : 10-16-2010 at 04:05 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Eh, of all the Slot 1 Perks, Scavenger is probably the best one. Sleight of Hand and Marathon are both good, but pale in comparison to unlimited ammo, stun grenades, and grenades/claymores.

Bling is useless and OMA is too unless you're a tube spammer.

I like bling personally. I like using the grip and I need a some kind of sight (preferably red dot) or else I suck.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote