Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like using a lot of my guns without a sight, idk why. Tar no scope with a noob tube is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the new X-Box 360 Slim. It's pretty badass.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a holographic/silencer on my FAL, but that is just so I can get 2 hit kills.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two more days until New Vegas. YAY.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am beyond excited about NV, the only thing I need to figure out is what build my character is going to be, since it is no longer possible to be a juggernaut anymore.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Two more days until New Vegas. YAY.
Getting paid to drive some British people to an airport...which means I get the game first day. So pumped.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Getting paid to drive some British people to an airport...which means I get the game first day. So pumped.
Interesting post. haha. But sweeet. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I didn't play Halo 3 much on live, but I did Halo 2. I remember there being **** tons of grenade spamming in Halo 2, and the little I did play of Halo 3 it was still frequent, so I'm just going to have to disagree with you on that.

You have to die in COD to get more grenades, but in Halo you can just pick them up. Halo has just as much grenade spamming, if not more.
You're right...Halo 3 was pretty bad when it came to nade spam but that was because there were a ton of claustrophobic maps like Guardian or maps like Construct that encourage nade spam.

Reach's grenade spam is more universal: map, situation, location...doesn't matter.Just throw grenades and hope that the target has 1/3 shield damage or is missing some health.

I meant that the noob tubers from COD favor Reach grenades. The first week I got the game I was playing with this guy and he kept raging about that. I wouldn't fully know because I've only played COD multiplayer sparingly. Also when SWAT was still in the Team Slayer and Multi Team playlists that's pretty much all that got voted for which again supports the theory that COD kiddies flooded Reach on release. SWAT is the closest gametype to COD gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Grenade spamming in this Halo is AWFUL. Part of the game, though, and I'm getting used to it and better at using my grenades more effectively.

Completely agree with you on the map packs too, Jvig. Such ********. The maps they included for the release are ok (I ******* hate the Cage and the other one like it, though), but there's only like four of them for Team Slayer and Arena and they get hella boring after, like, five games.
The Reach maps are TERRIBLE. It's by far the worst aspect of the game and it's not even close. It's the only downside to the game that's not extremely minor or fixed/being fixed. I noticed the first week I played the game that I didn't really like any of the maps except Asylum which I thought was decent and Powerhouse which I still really like. I read a detailed analysis on the bungie forums and the guy pretty much nailed it in describing the maps.

Too many of the maps are built around specific armor abilities (Cage, Sword Base), too many maps encourage camping with few entry points (Cage, Sword Base, Boardwalk), poor lines of sight on a lot of maps like Zealot where it basically becomes circular lateral combat.

It just seems like they completely ignored gameplay in making these maps. The sad thing is that the only maps I'm gonna want to play (except Powerhouse) are Forge World maps with the same dull Forerunner designs.

Halo 3 had some AWFUL maps (Snowbound, Isolation) but most of them were decent and a handful were great and never got old.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like most of reach's maps actually, I hated halo 3 maps. I think alot of that has to do with how much I played Halo 3. I got really bored with the halo 3 maps. Halo 2 and halo one maps are where its at, which is why I love Reach maps since most are remakes.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJ legend mode makes me cum my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
MJ legend mode makes me cum my pants.
Meh. I'm a Knicks fan, thereby I hate Michael Jordan and it's not quite as appealing to me. Granted, it's still pretty fun to experience.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I have a holographic/silencer on my FAL, but that is just so I can get 2 hit kills.
I doubt you get many 2hks with a silencer on. It reduces a **** ton of damage on the FAL.

Bling is pretty useless, no lie. I always thought it would be bad ass to have a red dot silenced weapon, but you just sacrifice way too much damage. Use weapons that have good iron sights (famas, acr, ak47, tar, scar) and throw on fmj or extended mags.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Interesting post. haha. But sweeet. :D
They were actually Belgian, which made it that much more interesting.

But anyway, yeah, New Vegas. I have to say I'm more excited for this one than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 embraced it's setting, but never really let it define it. Vegas and the West Coast is just such a rich setting for a Fallout game and the previous games give a lot of intrigue to the western Fallout. I'm sure we'll see lots of the New California Republic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fallout New Vegas at midnight! I can't wait. This game will own me.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Dude surge! I used to love that **** back in the day. Got me into soda.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I actually like using a lot of my guns without a sight, idk why. Tar no scope with a noob tube is hilarious.
Tar + silencer is the best gun in the game. It's still incredibly powerful, but the silencer helps reduce the recoil a ton. Makes it absolutely deadly.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Tar silenced is disgustingly good if you can handle the recoil at medium to long ranges.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yup, Tar silenced is disgustingly good if you can handle the recoil at medium to long ranges.
The iron sights on it are sweeeet, too. Truth be told, once I got used to iron sights, I'm better with them than I am with the RDS.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss The Pit.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The iron sights on it are sweeeet, too. Truth be told, once I got used to iron sights, I'm better with them than I am with the RDS.
Yeah, the TAR iron sights are probably the best in the game. People underestimate the ability to do well with iron sights, since that gives you the option of adding a silencer, fmj, extended mags, tube, shotty.

Worst iron sights in the game?

f2000
FAL
m4
m16
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I miss The Pit.
Me too!!!!! And Construct. Those were my two favorite maps.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, of all the Slot 1 Perks, Scavenger is probably the best one. Sleight of Hand and Marathon are both good, but pale in comparison to unlimited ammo, stun grenades, and grenades/claymores.

Bling is useless and OMA is too unless you're a tube spammer.

I have to disagree here. I was late using it, but recently set up my classes with OMA in 4-5 different ones and don't noob tube or spam grenades in any of them.

1 class has stopping power, I start out with this for primary kills. 1 has Cold Blooded/Stealth/Silencer, I use this class when enemy air support comes out, UAV, nice to have to keep a kill streak going. 1 has Hardline in it, which I switch to once I get 5 kills and have a predator missle. I switch to it before I use the predator missle so I need 1 kill to get my Harrier. Then it's only 4 more kills until a CG or whatever else you want.

Now granted I will use my Claymores at random locations but it's not much different then scavenger because a dead body on a claymore lets you refill also.

I had alot of success setting up my classes this way just because I've found times to use all my perks at different times. I also stick with most of the iron sights but RDS can be fun on a few, but it's more for show really, or only if I want headshots.

Quote:
Worst iron sights in the game?

f2000
FAL
m4
m16

LIAR! lol M4 have awesome iron sights, some of the best in the game. RPD probably has the best IMO though. I really do like the TAR though, awesome gun, recoil really isn't even all that bad because it resets after a few bullets. Not my favorite gun but I enjoy it a ton.

Lately I've had the most success running marathon, Cold Blooded, Ninja, with a silenced UMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, best irons in the game are between the SCAR and the RPD, no doubt.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

Quote:
I doubt you get many 2hks with a silencer on. It reduces a **** ton of damage on the FAL.

Bling is pretty useless, no lie. I always thought it would be bad ass to have a red dot silenced weapon, but you just sacrifice way too much damage. Use weapons that have good iron sights (famas, acr, ak47, tar, scar) and throw on fmj or extended mags.

I had to explain this to my friends. FAL has something like 55 damage up close, and 35 at range. Using a Holographic site for some reason caps the bottom damage to 40, so even with a silencer it does 40 damage instead of 35. This is relevant because with stopping power, 2 hits with just a silencer would only kill if it was a headshot/whatever combo, ((.4x35)+35=49x2=98. With a Holo/silencer combo, it is (.4*40)+40=56x2=112. It pretty much makes the FAL the most deadly gun if you can use it, as only the Sniper class guns do more damage with a silencer.

The holographic also significantly reduces the M16 recoil.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, best irons in the game are between the SCAR and the RPD, no doubt.
I never got into using the SCAR. The slow ROF killed it for me.