Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's where I found the Legion. Shot the leader in the head right after his speech and all hell broke loose haha.
I just let them walk...but they hate me now anyway, cause me and my first companion, Boone, killed a bunch of them and rescued a few Nipton captives, at a small Legion camp.

Boone is a bad ass by the way...try to get him to come along with you, if you havent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
So do you guys kill people using VATS the entire time or mostly shoot them and go to VATS once in awhile?

I eventually got bored with Fallout 3 when I was just selecting the head in VATS and looking through thousands of crates.
VATS should be used primarily for sure. But the shooting has been improved enough that you could be more effective in live combat.

As for glicthes EE, I finally ran into one. My game crashed and it corrupted my save file. Because it went to a black screen, while it was trying to auto-save. Luckily, I had my own save file, so there was no problem. But yeah, that scared the hell out of me.

Also, while I said the load times have been no problem...they get slower when you have a companion with you. Nothing too crazy, though.

You guys do that ghoul quest at the Repconn test site/facility? Pretty awesome. And I enjoyed doing Boone's little side quest in Novac. That not only got me a companion in Boone, but a motel for free in the town.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-21-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
VATS should be used primarily for sure. But the shooting has been improved enough that you could be more effective in live combat.

As for glicthes EE, I finally ran into one. My game crashed and it corrupted my save file. Because it went to a black screen, while it was trying to auto-save. Luckily, I had my own save file, so there was no problem. But yeah, that scared the hell out of me.
I was about to ask if the shooting was improved. I've been trying to play Fallout 3. I have been progressing very slowly though. VATS is cool but gets old to me pretty quickly and I just couldn't stand the shooting mechanics and such. When I start to play it, I just end up playing Mass Effect 1 or 2.

I also heard its really glitchy like Fallout 3 was at the beginning. I'll probably end up buying when there are patches and most likely on sale on Steam if shooting mechanics were improved.

I borrowed Fallout 3 for PS3 after my friend beat it when it was released. There was a glitch where if a friend logged in or out of PSN, the game would freeze for like 3-5 minutes.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used VATS all day in FO3, but now that the aiming doesn't suck, I never do.

I got the Anti-Material Rifle, but so far it is inferior to my silenced sniper. I just went and took out all of those Deathclaws near goodsprings, I had to leave Veronica behind for that one, Either they would miss me and hit her, or she would walk in front of my scope and get hit in the head.

I am trying to get in with the NCR and Khans, but this is taking forever with the NCR.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The NCR loves me already....I havent even run into the Khans. I'm about to though. I just arrived in Boulder City, which is a part of the main quest. I've been killing the side quests. I'm 14 hours in, a level 10. Side quests and exploring all day. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-21-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah so I broke down and bought Fallout today and.....1:30 hours into it I die, bug - respawn with my aiming reticule locked, autosave corrupted, ****. I'm watching some baseball and I'll re do everything tomorrow, ****.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That's rough...I've had one crash since I've been playing. And nothing else major...guess it's just luck. But yeah, it's lame, but you gotta make sure you have your own save file and save frequently. Just in case. I would have been screwed 10 or so hours in, if I didnt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am accepted by the NCR, and am in good favor with everyone but the legion.

I'm at 16, finally found the Implant place, and now am trying to get my strength up so I can use the LMG/AM rifle more effectivley, I might try and get another one to give to Boone.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is New Vegas?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Xbox updated Fallout New Vegas today. I'll let you know if I notice anything or if it crashes again. I'm starting over after I lost an hour and a half.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didn't like using VATS in Fallout 3 because I thought it was a bit lame. I used Lincoln's repeater all the time, but long range sucked since it was impossible to hit things at long range in that game.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got a new xbox and I'm having problems with it. the tray opens by itself. I dont know what to do about it

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
So I got a new xbox and I'm having problems with it. the tray opens by itself. I dont know what to do about it
You must have bought the SexBox 360. You're supposed to stick your weiner in there. After that, you can play gamez without problems for up to 24 hours.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Newest Dragon Age 2 trailer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am house sitting/babysitting for my girlfriends parents this week while they are away, so we bought her little brother Fable 3 to keep him busy. I'll probably be watching quite a bit of it, so I'll let you guys know how it is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
What kind of xbox is it, is it the new black 250 gig one with touch sensitive buttons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am house sitting/babysitting for my girlfriends parents this week while they are away, so we bought her little brother Fable 3 to keep him busy while I **** his sister. I'll probably be watching quite a bit of it, so I'll let you guys know how it is.
That space between busy and the period is a little suspicious.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be able to snag a couple extra free "Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo" DLC for Fable 3 from work if anyone wants one let me know ill see what i can do
Old 10-26-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I may be able to snag a couple extra free "Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo" DLC for Fable 3 from work if anyone wants one let me know ill see what i can do
Dude, actually, that's an issue for me. We pre-ordered it from Best Buy because that's the DLC he wanted then they didn't actually give it to him. I would be extremely grateful if you could snag me one. I was going to call Microsoft Customer support. Would that be a good channel to go through? Going back to Best Buy?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-26-2010 at 10:59 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, actually, that's an issue for me. We pre-ordered it from Best Buy because that's the DLC he wanted then they didn't actually give it to him. I would be extremely grateful if you could snag me one. I was going to call Microsoft Customer support. Would that be a good channel to go through? Going back to Best Buy?
Well i work for Best Buy and i know we have quite a few left over so i will snag one for you and message you the code tomorrow when i get home from work.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's the early word on Fable III?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate everyone who ignored my awesome comment.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I would really like to know how the new Fable is. Also if you can get me the DLC that would be sick because I will most likely be buying it used.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Fable III is getting some pretty mediocre/average reviews. Meh. I really don't feel like spending 60 dollars on it.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's got an 81 on Metacritic. That's still pretty high. I have seen some pretty disappointing reviews by a few reputable reviewers, however. You'd expect higher, but it's still a good score.

If you want to compare...Fable 2 had an 89 on metacritic.

In other news, New Vegas only has an 84...and I'm liking it more than Fallout 3, personally.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS