Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It did, but I wouldnt say shell out 60 bucks for it when DKC and COD are coming out in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys download the new "Undead" content for Red Dead Redemption yet? Curious to know what it is, how good it is.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks a lot Cain. Really appreciate it.

From watching Fable III, it really seems like it's more of the same. The opening was a lot more compelling though. Without any spoilers, one thing that happened really caught me off guard right away. The rest of it is pretty much standard fair. It's British sensibility and humor are back. Really enjoyed the video at the start of it this time. The way you level is going to draw some ire. I can tell that right away. It's pretty much the same, but it's done differently. Takes away the level up menu system, which makes it seem like less but is really exactly the same thing.

This is all coming from watching it though. I haven't actually sat down and played it yet. I can tell you right now, for most of the people here I would recommend New Vegas over this game, fairly easily. At this point, Fable is what it is. It's never going to deliver on all the hype the first game got, but it really is at it's core a good RPG with a great sense of humor, and there's a place for that...even if it isn't a fantastic game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Dude, actually, that's an issue for me. We pre-ordered it from Best Buy because that's the DLC he wanted then they didn't actually give it to him. I would be extremely grateful if you could snag me one. I was going to call Microsoft Customer support. Would that be a good channel to go through? Going back to Best Buy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Ya I would really like to know how the new Fable is. Also if you can get me the DLC that would be sick because I will most likely be buying it used.
I am sending these to you guys in a message...

In other terms though i grabbed 4 more copies of this so tell me if you want one.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I get NBA2K and COD, I may never leave my house again.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got NBA2K. It's really ******* fun, but I suck at it. :/
Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am sending these to you guys in a message...

In other terms though i grabbed 4 more copies of this so tell me if you want one.
If you still have one I would gratefully take one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
lol, that's summed up my experience so far. I'm waiting for my buddies to get online with it so we can take turns standing in the corner draining 3s. I swear no matter what play I call, my CPU teammates keep leaving the corner when I drive the lane.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

My pick game is absolutely awfulllllllll. Looks like I might have to earn how to actually run the triangle in a video game haha.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My pick game is absolutely awfulllllllll. Looks like I might have to earn how to actually run the triangle in a video game haha.

Damn. My offense used to consist of running around with the PG until someone got open. That's going to be a major change when I actually get the game.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, the NBA 2K series makes you work for buckets. It can be frustrating at first, but once you learn how to play the game, it's really fun.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Looks like I may have to bump difficulty down to rookie. I am awful.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a way to get around sucking at the game:

Use Jordan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and I have to say I enjoyed it much more than ElectricEye. I do agree, the storytelling is rough at times, but for me it was just a fun experience. The game did a good job taking elements from both God of War and Devil May Cry. It did start off a little slow, but afterwards I was really wrapped up in it. If you are a Castlevania fan a must buy IMO. Surprised to see it only got a 7.5, thought it would be more in the 8.0-8.5 range.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and I have to say I enjoyed it much more than ElectricEye. I do agree, the storytelling is rough at times, but for me it was just a fun experience. The game did a good job taking elements from both God of War and Devil May Cry. It did start off a little slow, but afterwards I was really wrapped up in it. If you are a Castlevania fan a must buy IMO. Surprised to see it only got a 7.5, thought it would be more in the 8.0-8.5 range.
The game behind the story was pretty solid. If it had a more memorable, better told plot it would be a hell of a game. Shame really. Some of it may have been lost in translation as English was the third language that was thought about after Spanish and Japanese. I think the review scores were just about right. 7 out of ten is not a bad score, contrary to popular opinion. It's two full notches above average, which is about where I would slot the game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved the ending of it.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol, same here. I found out that I'm best when I run with the lakers and spam ally-oop. as soon as gasol takes one step towards the basket then hit the ally-oop buttons. he throws it down 85% of the time. that and hitting my iso button and letting kobe create his own shot.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh! Oh! Anytime you want to play just let me know. My GT is Forenci.

And yes, you will suck for quite some time until you get used to it. Heck, I've had it almost since it was released and I'm still mediocre.

That's what I like though, it's not just hold down sprint and run by your defender anymore. Using plays and running an offense is really helpful in scoring. I love using the Knicks and playing their style of 7 seconds or less.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Loved the ending of it.
I thought that was the most contrived, random thing in the world. I'm willing to bet they sat there and where like "Ok, lol, so loooool we need to go for liek a mind **** type thing wut do?". So stupid. The part with Satan was also completely random and due to what had happened before, unrelatable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-31-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci in just over a weeks time we will be playing some NBA2K my friend. As soon as I finish the semester I'll be back online!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came in here looking for justification to buy Fable III, as Fable II is one of the most unsatisfying and anticlimatic games ever. I did not find said justification. Boo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I thought that was the most contrived, random thing in the world. I'm willing to bet they sat there and where like "Ok, lol, so loooool we need to go for liek a mind **** type thing wut do?". So stupid. The part with Satan was also completely random and due to what had happened before, unrelatable.
Ya Satan was kind of random. Maybe it was just the nostalgia of seeing the corpse of Slogra and then finally seeing Dracula which had me a little pumped.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Ya Satan was kind of random. Maybe it was just the nostalgia of seeing the corpse of Slogra and then finally seeing Dracula which had me a little pumped.
I would have been completely fine with both of those things if they had built towards them in some way, but they really didn't. The whole plot was basically just trying to make you feel bad for killing two people you never were really properly introduced to in the first place. Zobek's betrayal also could have been cool, cliche, but cool, if they had just done it right. They rendered it completely irrelevant in thirty seconds.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-31-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Fable series can be a ton of fun, but it really has yet to live up to its potential. Granted I havent played three yet, but one of my closest friends has it and he said it was just alright so far, nothing he didnt expect. Like I said earlier in the thread, dont drop 60 on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea if I can find it for 30/40 closer to Christmas I'll get it but if not I'll just wait.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote