Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping it's real cheap on Black Friday. Last year's fall releases saw a drop in price on Black Friday.

Dragon Age came out Novemeber 3rd last year...I bought for $35 on Black Friday.

Borderlands came out in September and I picked that one up for $30 last year as well.

Soooo...there's a decent chance that it can be had for cheap. I cant wait to see some of these video game deals. I wouldnt be shocked to see Fallout 3 for like $10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Games at Target are currently two for three. This might be too tempting for me to ignore. I'm getting NBA 2K11 for sure, any idea what else I should pick up? I have assess to both Fallout New Vegas as well as Fable 3. Hopefully it lasts until November 9th because I will probably be being Black Ops despite myself at some point anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...ESPN on xbox live is the greatest thing to ever happen. Now I can actually go back and watch games that I missed. I may actually be able to scout and watch the players I like now instead of just lying and making unsupported claims.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
wow...ESPN on xbox live is the greatest thing to ever happen. Now I can actually go back and watch games that I missed. I may actually be able to scout and watch the players I like now instead of just lying and making unsupported claims.
Do you have to pay extra for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Do you have to pay extra for it?
Nope. Assuming you have an ISP that supports it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Lol. That's exactly what I said about it, that ESPN3 **** is ******* out of this world. I think it's still in the process of getting some data uploaded to it though, it had a segment where you could watch Jim Rome shows that weren't up to date yet, I think their gonna add pti and around the horn, and also the NBA section was still loading.

It'll be interesting to see if you can watch multiple NFL games on in different areas on Sunday, and if you'll have the replay of the games recorded and available to watch. The CFB section already had it set up that way so I see no difference, but just seems like their still adding things atm.

Really awesome feature and I feel like paying for Live is worth it with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnnn itttt i was hoping they would have remote access for espn3 cause i do that on my cpu cause my lame internet provider doesnt support it, patch it in xbox come on!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just thought this out loud in the pro football thread, Madden on Kinect if done right could be AMAZING

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be horrible.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It will be horrible.
As far as i'm concerned, Madden cant go anywhere but up. I try the new ones every year, and it doesnt get any better, and I'm tired of having All Madden cheat to beat me. Come out with it for Kinect would add so much to it, or at least add a mode where you can play using kinect.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden using Kinect would be terrible. Do you really want to run, juke and spin on the spot?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

They could easily not incorporate the running part, just use arm motions. Spinning and Juking yes, would be fun. I'm not someone who has to be stuck to a couch to have fun. I mean isnt this the idea behind Kinect?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
They could easily not incorporate the running part, just use arm motions. Spinning and Juking yes, would be fun. I'm not someone who has to be stuck to a couch to have fun. I mean isnt this the idea behind Kinect?
Nope. It's to amuse children and old people. That's the way they're marketing it and developing it. Motion gaming is a neat thing, but it won't ever kill a controller as far as intricate movements go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Nope. It's to amuse children and old people. That's the way they're marketing it and developing it. Motion gaming is a neat thing, but it won't ever kill a controller as far as intricate movements go.
Playing Kinect with Madden would most likely end with my controller in the TV screen.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Playing Kinect with Madden would most likely end with my controller in the TV screen.
LOL. The controller is YOU!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
LOL. The controller is YOU!
Which is to say, I would be that annoyed trying to play Madden that way that I would run my own head into my television.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to echo how amazing ESPN 3 is on the Xbox. I just loaded up the Mayne Event.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So I will echo how hard NBA 2K11 is. I used to be really good back in the 2K8 days, but I suck pretty bad at this game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I have a PS3 and am currently thining about getting a 360. Now I have a question. Is it possible to have 2 gamertags (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and pay one membership or will we both have to pay?

Edit: I should clarify. My bro is buying the 360 and I would go halfsies on it if it makes sense for me. Basically, I don't want to cough up another $60(x box live) a year and only play a few games.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 11-02-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll need to buy an extra membership.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So, I have a PS3 and am currently thining about getting a 360. Now I have a question. Is it possible to have 2 gamertags (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and pay one membership or will we both have to pay?

Edit: I should clarify. My bro is buying the 360 and I would go halfsies on it if it makes sense for me. Basically, I don't want to cough up another $60(x box live) a year and only play a few games.
You can make up to four x-box live accounts (i believe that's the limit) per HDD. When you create a new one, Microsoft will give you a trial month for free, after that you'd need to pay for the accounts individually. So yes, you'd have to pay 60 bucks twice for separate 1-year accounts.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not necessarily. Aren't Xbox bringing out a family pack which gives you four gamertags for less than the price of two? I could be mistaken concerning the price though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Not necessarily. Aren't Xbox bringing out a family pack which gives you four gamertags for less than the price of two? I could be mistaken concerning the price though.
Yeah that is $99.99 for 4 gold accounts. Now its $60 each so you save 20 there. Normally the subscription cards go on sale on deal site every now and the for $35-40 ish. Best deal I could currently find is $45 each. If you only need 2 accounts then you can save another $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3668349&SID=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

That is ridiculous. So wait four accounts on their own cost $240 (60 each) or you get four for 100? wtf?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no intention of trolling, but people pay 60-100$ to play their own games online? why? i feel like there has to be something about live that i'm missing that somehow makes that worthwhile.
The justification they use for it is the services they offer like Netflix, ESPN 3, and soon Hulu. PS3 and Wii still don't offer native versions of those services. There's something to be said about just how polished an experience Xbox Live is, but hiking the price up just in time to get a few suckers from the Kinect wave is not cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau