Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know a way/any third party software that lets someone bridge a connection between a laptop running Windows 7 starter and an xbox?

For some reason Microsoft decided to remove that feature from the starter edition of 7 (comes with netbooks) and the router for my internet is no where with in reach of my Xbox.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Anyone know a way/any third party software that lets someone bridge a connection between a laptop running Windows 7 starter and an xbox?

For some reason Microsoft decided to remove that feature from the starter edition of 7 (comes with netbooks) and the router for my internet is no where with in reach of my Xbox.
What are you trying to do exactly, run XBOX on your computer screen? The only way I know to do that is to buy a relatively cheap adapter, all of which have lag measured by seconds instead of ms. That information is a few years old though. Are you trying to run it through a network?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
What are you trying to do exactly, run XBOX on your computer screen? The only way I know to do that is to buy a relatively cheap adapter, all of which have lag measured by seconds instead of ms. That information is a few years old though. Are you trying to run it through a network?
Trying to connect to live by plugging an ethernet cable through my laptop which is using wireless. My buddy does this with XP but apparently 7-starter has this feature removed.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazon is selling Singularity for $30 right now. I plan on picking that up, eventually. I may have to do so tomorrow even, if I could put some money on my debit. They were also selling Enslaved for $25 earlier today, I dont know if that's still the case. They sell is at $40 normally anyway, which is still $20 off the normal price.

edit...

X-Men Origins: Wolverine = $20
Brutal Legend = $12
Resident Evil 5 = $15
Fallout 3 GoTY Edition: $40
ME2 = $18
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition = $50
12 Month XBox Live: $43

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-10-2010 at 10:37 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trying to connect to live by plugging an ethernet cable through my laptop which is using wireless. My buddy does this with XP but apparently 7-starter has this feature removed.
It's under connection options on most versions of windows. You like click it and go to properties. Not sure about that particular edition though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Ive been looking online and most people are saying that the feature has just been removed...though I read somewhere about some 3rd part software that can get it done but Im skeptical.

Damn netbook, finally showing your limitations!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ive been looking online and most people are saying that the feature has just been removed...though I read somewhere about some 3rd part software that can get it done but Im skeptical.

Damn netbook, finally showing your limitations!
You're right, I know you could do that in XP. Thus I know you can still do it but it's 4:30 AM and hopefully I'll feel up to it to give you instructions tomorrow. I'm 95% positive It can be done but I run Linux so I might have to check some Windows syntax.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
just a quick thought based on hazy memory but this is the first thing I would try

Windows should allow ad hoc networks no matter what - it's pretty much an essential feature. Somewhere in control panel look to enable this option and it would probably give you a choice of some devices to enable it for, maybe some ports. You might have to give the MAC address and port # to do so. That isn't too hard to find out but if that shot in the dark is actually true then I'll tell you how to do that.

BTW, I am 100% sure there is a work around for this, I'm just not sure what it is or if it will lag to the point of unplayable

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 11-11-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there's bound to be a workaround. If not, just install Linux to dual boot haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-12-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought Scott Pilgrim Vs the World and Comic Jumper. Yay.

I had no idea that Scott Pilgrim was only $5. So I was pretty happy to get both. Microsoft points go fast, however. And yeah, I have about 2.5 GB left on my hard drive. sigh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, there's bound to be a workaround. If not, just install Linux to dual boot haha.
Linux can definitely connect to the XBOX, I've done it, but I don't know of a way to transfer the video. Typically Micro$oft does every thing they possibly can to make things unnecessarily hard for Linux, so if you try to do that you're probably going to end up banging your head against the wall trying to implement a half baked community software with a million bugs, like a 25% chance of working with your hardware, and trying to find a configuration that actually works. Maybe not, I haven't tried that but I've explored most ways to get my XBOX and computer to work together.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-12-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just bought Scott Pilgrim Vs the World and Comic Jumper. Yay.

I had no idea that Scott Pilgrim was only $5. So I was pretty happy to get both. Microsoft points go fast, however. And yeah, I have about 2.5 GB left on my hard drive. sigh.
Enjoy an amazing game. I had a blast with Scott Pilgrim.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Enjoy an amazing game. I had a blast with Scott Pilgrim.
Yeah, I remember you saying that. And I saw your score on there. haha. I wanted the game anyway, but the movie...made me want it even more.

I also just spent more money. :/ But I'm happy about it...just got Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition for $50 and Singularity for $30 off of Amazon, so that's not bad at all. Also got a $10 credit toward a future 12 month xbox live subsription, which is great because they're only $43 on Amazon anyway.

Done spending until Black Friday, I hope.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Black Friday anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
When is Black Friday anyways?
November 26th.

Speaking of, Best Buy just released their ad.

Madden 11
NCAA 11
NHL 11
Fifa 11
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Medal of Honor
the Sims 3 (consoles)
EA Sports MMA
Bloodstone 007

All $35.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Mafia 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2011

All $30.

Fable 3
Fallout New Vegas
Halo Reach

All $40.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
November 26th.

Speaking of, Best Buy just released their ad.

Madden 11
NCAA 11
NHL 11
Fifa 11
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Medal of Honor
the Sims 3 (consoles)
EA Sports MMA
Bloodstone 007

All $35.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Mafia 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2011

All $30.

Fable 3
Fallout New Vegas
Halo Reach

All $40.
I highly recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 to everyone. It's vastly superior to the COD franchise in my opinion.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I highly recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 to everyone. It's vastly superior to the COD franchise in my opinion.
You aren't the first person I've heard say that. I might pick it up for that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any of you guys ever sent your 360 into Microsoft for the E74 error? I just UPS'd mine on Thursday.

My guess is it'll take over a month to get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Different flavors. Bad Company 2 is fun when you're not having connection issues and lag, which are common, and when you don't get a bunch of wookies crouching in the corner of maps.

I've been disappointed with the support for Bad Company 2 though. We were promised lots of maps with that VIP thing, but all we've seen are different portions of the maps already released cut differently and put into different game modes. So few of them to start with too. I want this to be a COD killer, really do, but the support for it has really held it back along with the connection issues.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-13-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield 2 came out at the perfect time, when everyone was getting sick of the glitches and bugs in MW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say I enjoyed the ending of Fable 3 alot more than the beginning. I was considering actually to stop playing half way through, but I'm glad I didn't. I still don't think it's as good as Fable, or even Fable 2. There is some funny parts in the game, I just don't like the way they got rid of the start menu.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Gears 2 has grown on me so much. Only took two years...but yeah, my buddy and I have been playing online a lot recently, and I finally have it down pretty well. And it's still tons of fun. I could play all day if I could.

Although level 80s, 90s, and max level dudes dont seem too hard anymore. Yay.

Oh...there is still a lot of bitching about hosting and what not. How do you know if you're the host? I swear to god, I've never been the host of any game. I dont think my connection could handle it...I'm probably the host whenever my connection craps out right before we get going. That happens every now and then.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-13-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just remembered...for people looking for some good deals...Amazon is having some pre black friday video game blow out thing. haha. Starting tomorrow until the 22nd, they'll have certain video games and accessories on sale every day. They didnt say what they'll be selling yet...but I'm sure they'll have some great stuff available.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am looking at Headsets do to the fact that my speakers dont really allow for my roomate too sleep much, I looked at the Tritton Ax 720 and AX Pro models, along with Turtle Beach x11 and x41's I do believe. Anyone have any feedback on any headset you prefer?

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Turtle Beach's myself and they are just fine. If you want the best of the best, go for Astro A40s, but they cost a **** load. If you are going cheap but still decent quality, Turtle Beach's get the job done.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote