Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Beat the Halo campaign in one day. It was addicting.
Friend and I played straight through three or four different times on coop. We never did finish our legendary run, though... I think we're pretty far into it, though. Other games came out and distracted us.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some good NBA 2K11 sliders. I feel like I'm so close to having a really good game here.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I recently started a full time job and with some of the money I've been saving, decided to buy myself a 360. The only game I had ever played for it was Dragon Age Origins last year when my roommate got it through Gamefly and it was pretty much awesome.

So I pick up the "Ultimate" edition that comes with the expansion pack. I play through the original game, which I've already done but still enjoyed, I beat it, and now I go to put in the Expansion disc....and you need a ******* XBox hard drive? WTF? I have a 4GB XBox and the only thing on the case that says anything about memory is that it requires "at least 256 MB"....

So, first question...why? I can't find anywhere on the game case where it says I need a hard drive to play, so that pisses me off right away...

And 2nd, if I do pick up a hard drive (which hopefully I can find one cheapish somewhere tomorrow,) do I need an XBox Live account or anything like that? I've looked around on google already but I can't find an exact answer to my question.

So if anyone else who's played it can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I need some good NBA 2K11 sliders. I feel like I'm so close to having a really good game here.
Oh, I think you asked me about those awhile ago(Or was it NCAA sliders) and I never got back to you.

These are the ones I'm using as a base. I tweaked them and tuned them for my needs, but they worked out pretty well for when I was using them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-jds-base.html

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So, I recently started a full time job and with some of the money I've been saving, decided to buy myself a 360. The only game I had ever played for it was Dragon Age Origins last year when my roommate got it through Gamefly and it was pretty much awesome.

So I pick up the "Ultimate" edition that comes with the expansion pack. I play through the original game, which I've already done but still enjoyed, I beat it, and now I go to put in the Expansion disc....and you need a ******* XBox hard drive? WTF? I have a 4GB XBox and the only thing on the case that says anything about memory is that it requires "at least 256 MB"....

So, first question...why? I can't find anywhere on the game case where it says I need a hard drive to play, so that pisses me off right away...

And 2nd, if I do pick up a hard drive (which hopefully I can find one cheapish somewhere tomorrow,) do I need an XBox Live account or anything like that? I've looked around on google already but I can't find an exact answer to my question.

So if anyone else who's played it can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Well, it said it was an expansion pack...

You shouldn't need a Gold account to install the harddrive.

MOTH just bought a 120gb for $60, but I doubt you can find one for that price now. Amazon has used HDDs and new ones for decent prices (considering).
Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That price still stands through Monday, I believe.

And the Ultimate edition has a download disc that comes with the game, you just need to download it from the disc. No internet connection necessary.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=73822

That's the best deal anywhere. A brand new 20 GB HD costs more than that, like $80 or something. You can get one new/unopened for $38 from a private seller, via Amazon, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-28-2010 at 06:36 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping to be able to pick one up today after work somewhere so I could play the game tonight...I'll shop around. I know that link was EB, but there is a Game Stop here...do you think they would have something similar for pretty cheap?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was really hoping to be able to pick one up today after work somewhere so I could play the game tonight...I'll shop around. I know that link was EB, but there is a Game Stop here...do you think they would have something similar for pretty cheap?
Eb/Gamestop...same thing. They should have the same deal in store or other similar deals. Depends what they have in stock.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh...and I hear ya man. I'm in a very similar situation. I went to play my Ultimate Edition and didnt have enough space left on my 20 GB Hard Drive...so I just bought that 120 GB one. Still cant play until it shows up here in the mail.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh...and I hear ya man. I'm in a very similar situation. I went to play my Ultimate Edition and didnt have enough space left on my 20 GB Hard Drive...so I just bought that 120 GB one. Still cant play until it shows up here in the mail.
Yeah, it was annoying to discover. I think my plan is to get a smaller, cheaper one like a 20GB to play it, and if I get into other games that require memory in the future, maybe I can upgrade to a bigger one.

I'm thinking Fable III and Final Fantasy XIII are probably the next ones on my list....we'll see how things are with money though first.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it was annoying to discover. I think my plan is to get a smaller, cheaper one like a 20GB to play it, and if I get into other games that require memory in the future, maybe I can upgrade to a bigger one.

I'm thinking Fable III and Final Fantasy XIII are probably the next ones on my list....we'll see how things are with money though first.
You might want to consider renting them both. I personally disliked Fable III, and FFXIII wasn't that spectacular. Solid games to rent, though.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I can't win...

I want to fight Microsoft over this BS crap about a 360 hard drive. I pay $30 more for a game that comes with it's expansion pack, finish the main game, try to play the expansion pack and it tells me I need an XBox hard drive...well because i have the new slim version, I can't even use an old refurbished hard drive and would have to buy a new one for $120 more...

So I figure I'll try and hook up just a regular external hard drive I bought for $40...it reconfigures it...but still won't let me play because it gets an error saying it "requires an XBox Hard Drive" .....dammit dammit dammit. I'm going to take the game and hard drive back, get my money back, and then buy a cheaper game with no infuriating expansion......RAGE AGAINST MICROSOFT!!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't win...

I want to fight Microsoft over this BS crap about a 360 hard drive. I pay $30 more for a game that comes with it's expansion pack, finish the main game, try to play the expansion pack and it tells me I need an XBox hard drive...well because i have the new slim version, I can't even use an old refurbished hard drive and would have to buy a new one for $120 more...

So I figure I'll try and hook up just a regular external hard drive I bought for $40...it reconfigures it...but still won't let me play because it gets an error saying it "requires an XBox Hard Drive" .....dammit dammit dammit. I'm going to take the game and hard drive back, get my money back, and then buy a cheaper game with no infuriating expansion......RAGE AGAINST MICROSOFT!!!!!
Flash Drive. You can find a 16GB one for 20 if you look hard enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys are workin on them, cause the patch threw all the old sets off. The game is playing even better after the patch, though.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Flash Drive. You can find a 16GB one for 20 if you look hard enough.
I don't think it'll work if the external didn't....what would be the difference? Both go into USB slots. It must be able to recognize an actual 360 hard drive I'm guessing.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I don't think it'll work if the external didn't....what would be the difference? Both go into USB slots. It must be able to recognize an actual 360 hard drive I'm guessing.
Nope, flash drive works. I use mine to cart my gamertag and certain DLC between houses. Play some DLC off 8GB one from time to time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Guys are workin on them, cause the patch threw all the old sets off. The game is playing even better after the patch, though.
Definitely. I've been tinkering on my own sliders and I think I'm close. I'm running into the same problem they are. The game is so damn inconsistent, even though I suppose that is much more realistic.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Nope, flash drive works. I use mine to cart my gamertag and certain DLC between houses. Play some DLC off 8GB one from time to time.
I don't think I understand why that would work but a 320GB external hard drive wouldn't?

Have you tried this with Dragon Age?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I don't think I understand why that would work but a 320GB external hard drive wouldn't?

Have you tried this with Dragon Age?
Don't think the 360 is capable of recognizing any memory unit over 250 at the moment. Flash drives work for sure though, patched them in last summer I think and it's made my life a whole lot easier because I tend to game between different places. I have played things downloaded off Xbox Live before, but not any content that needs to be installed.

Not actually sure how the Ultimate Edition works. I could try it out later if you want, but I am fairly certain a flash drive would work for your problem and if not, could defiantly provide extra storage for you if that's a problem as well. You just need to have a dedicated flash drive since it needs to be formatted.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely. I've been tinkering on my own sliders and I think I'm close. I'm running into the same problem they are. The game is so damn inconsistent, even though I suppose that is much more realistic.
That's the thing. Imagine if something like the Jazz coming back against the Heat happened during a game. I'd probably rage quit and ***** about the game turning Paul Milsap into Reggie Miller.

It's basketball. It's a long season where a lot of craaaazy things happen.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Don't think the 360 is capable of recognizing any memory unit over 250 at the moment. Flash drives work for sure though, patched them in last summer I think and it's made my life a whole lot easier because I tend to game between different places. I have played things downloaded off Xbox Live before, but not any content that needs to be installed.

Not actually sure how the Ultimate Edition works. I could try it out later if you want, but I am fairly certain a flash drive would work for your problem and if not, could defiantly provide extra storage for you if that's a problem as well. You just need to have a dedicated flash drive since it needs to be formatted.
According to the guy I talked to at Game Stop, it basically adds content to the original game or something like that, and needs to be stored in a hard drive to do it. And he estimated an expansion like that one would take 5 GB or so to do that....

It's very infuriating. The game case says nothing of the sort, I think that's what pisses me off most. No warning....but hey, spend an extra $30 on this "Ultimate" edition so you can then spend an extra $120 on a hard drive to play it!

So yeah, **** that....I think I'm going to take the game and hard drive back, get my money, buy a cheaper just DAO game without the expansion so I can still play it if I want, and use the rest of the money on a new game of some sort.

And what really makes me mad is I got it because I had played DAO before, but never the expansion. So I set this character up and completed everything I possibly could have and made choices that I hoped would translate to the expansion....and now I can't even play it :(

Thanks for the tips anyway though dude.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that does kind of suck. Hope you can go ahead and get your money back for all that stuff. 4GB Xbox has all kind of horror stories like that unfortunately...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that does kind of suck. Hope you can go ahead and get your money back for all that stuff. 4GB Xbox has all kind of horror stories like that unfortunately...
I like the Xbox....I haven't been able to play any new video games for a couple years other than DAO when my roommate got it for his last year. All I had was an old PS2 that made demon noises and the cheapie lap-top I had to buy when my old gaming computer caught fire...

So it'll be nice to be able to play new stuff. Just not things with expansion packs apparently....
Old 11-28-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Or Halo Reach. Not sure if they fixed that though. Flash drive still might be worth giving a shot if you have one lying around if it continues to be an issue.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Read on some blog that NBA 2K11 will be $30 for tomorrow's Cyber Monday on Amazon. I hope it's true.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS