Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Read on some blog that NBA 2K11 will be $30 for tomorrow's Cyber Monday on Amazon. I hope it's true.
If so everyone on here needs to scoop that **** up!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My wallet is a sieve.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh. I woke up at Noon. Missed my chance at NBA 2K11 on Amazon. It went on sale at 11 or something and all have been claimed already. I didnt think it would have been the first deal of the day. gah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I was lucky that I hit a few weeks back when KMart or some **** had it for $40. It was a ******* steal.

One of my big problems is that the sim engine seems terrible. I'm in year two of my Knicks dynasty with the best offense in the league and the 12th best D and I lose 3/4 of my games if I sim them.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Center stats still horrible? When we had our sim league last year...the Centers would all score like 3 points per game. If you were lucky, you could have a center score like 10 a game. Only if you were really lucky or had Howard. haha.

I remember I started Gortat on my team and he'd average like 2.6 PPG and 10 rebounds, in like 30 something minutes. The rebound numbers were fine, but centers rarely scored...regardless of gameplan/scheme.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
So when are we going to play, YFS? :(

I'm actually really weird at playing this game. Either I dominate people or I get blown out by 20.

I'm also depressed we haven't created an online league yet. Or a crew!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't done it/looked into it too extensively, but the numbers have looked good. I'm not sure about anyone else, but if I play a game I can absolutely dominate with a good PF/C.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So when are we going to play, YFS? :(

I'm actually really weird at playing this game. Either I dominate people or I get blown out by 20.

I'm also depressed we haven't created an online league yet. Or a crew!
We soooo need a crew.

Me and Forenci have the worst games ever. It is great.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The created player crews kind of sucked last year...everyone had like 99 speed, 99 three, and could dunk from the foul line. I was like a 54 overall.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yay...my hard drive just came in the mail today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yay...my hard drive just came in the mail today.
I gave up on mine, lol.

So now I'm thinking about some other games to get....I might play DOA through again as a Rogue while I order some older used games off of Amazon. I can get Fable II used for $12...a sound investment? Never played anything Fable related before but I'm into fantasy RPG stuff. Play that until prices go down on used versions of newer games.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Fable 2 is a fun game...the ending is crap, that's all I'll say there. But there is a lot of fun to have leading up to that.

Get Mass Effect. It's a must own for any 360 owner. My favorite current generation gaming series. And the sequel is widely considered to be the best game on the 360.

Oblivion may be up your ally and Fallout 3 is another excellent RPG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fable II is pretty anti-climatic, one of the worst endings to a game Ive ever played. That said, I find the series to be really enjoyable if you are into that sort of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I gave up on mine, lol.

So now I'm thinking about some other games to get....I might play DOA through again as a Rogue while I order some older used games off of Amazon. I can get Fable II used for $12...a sound investment? Never played anything Fable related before but I'm into fantasy RPG stuff. Play that until prices go down on used versions of newer games.
Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2. Best roleplaying experience in awhile=completed.

Fable 2 is a fun game, but don't expect much from it besides that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The created player crews kind of sucked last year...everyone had like 99 speed, 99 three, and could dunk from the foul line. I was like a 54 overall.
They fixed that, fortunately. Now positions have caps on certain attributes based on their position and their style of play. For example, athletic point guards can have 99 speed, while pass first pg's can't quite 99 speed. I think the speed cap for centers is roughly 60 something now, so you don't have to worry about that quite as much, haha.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect is something I'll look into. Fable II I think I'm definitely going to get.

Oblivion I played for the PC back when I had my awesome gaming computer. It as a fun game, but I was disappointed how "casual" it was compared to TES:III Morrowind...which is one of my favorite games ever (if you can't tell from my avi, lol.)

Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont let the outer space setting scare you away from Mass Effect, if you're not into that kind of thing. The games are about as epic as they come.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Dont let the outer space setting scare you away from Mass Effect, if you're not into that kind of thing. The games are about as epic as they come.
I liked the original KOTOR games, so settings like that don't bother me. I'm just an RPG junkie I guess.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I liked the original KOTOR games, so settings like that don't bother me. I'm just an RPG junkie I guess.
I loved Mass Effect, but KOTOR was better for sure. Better story and characters. Plus it was a bit more epic, but that just might be because of Star Wars element.

I will say that in addition to loving RPG's, I also enjoy shooters so that didn't deter me from getting Mass Effect.

Still, it's absolutely worth a shot as most Bioware games I've played have always lived up to the billing.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I loved Mass Effect, but KOTOR was better for sure. Better story and characters. Plus it was a bit more epic, but that just might be because of Star Wars element.

I will say that in addition to loving RPG's, I also enjoy shooters so that didn't deter me from getting Mass Effect.

Still, it's absolutely worth a shot as most Bioware games I've played have always lived up to the billing.
Yeah, I definitely like it in RPGs when your character becomes the hero at the end of an epic story. It was true in KOTOR, DOA, and the ES games.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassin's Creed 2 is awesome. I sort of regret avoiding it for so long now, but I got a good price on it. I was so epic disappointed when the first one came out because that had been one of the first games this generation that I really had a sky high expectation level on...but it sort of sucked. This game however, is fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha. Yes. They really did nail the 2nd game. I never really got bored of it...and I was really interested in piecing the story together with all those glyphs and what not. The mini games and historics that came with them were fun, interesting, and varied, the upgrading system was well done, and the gameplay, while easy, is still a lot of fun, imo. I can free run for days. Such a great game.

I just love the overall concept...I still wish we would have had some more present day parts. But seeing the ancestor's abilities continue to bleed through into the "real world" is awesome to see.

I cant wait for AC:3. And to see how prominent the present world is in that game. I'm hoping it's a lot. Desmond running around a more futuristic city would be fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-30-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Anyone else bummed about not having major Holiday releases this year? They've taken steps back from that the past few years, but it's sort of at an all time low right now. Something I used to look forward to every year was stocking up and new compiling games as Christmas gifts and such, but doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not the best year. There is Fallout: New Vegas, Black Ops, and Brotherhood. But really, New Vegas and Brotherhood could be viewed more as expansions. And damn near everyone who wanted Black Ops, has it already. Same with Reach. But yeah other than that...the "holiday season" releases include games that arent even AAAA titles. Fable 3 was apparently a let down, Castlevania/Enslaved arent massive titles...and then we're just talking racing titles and the annual sports games.

Next year will be much better.

edit...really, it's all about motion gaming this year and all the games for them suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

What games along those lines does next year include? Dragon Age 2 I know...I'm excited for that as long as I can play the ******* thing without a $125 Hard drive.....grr....still fuming about that.

I know there's the possibility of an ES:V game. I'm hoping they learned from some of the mistakes in Oblivion and get back to what worked a little better in Morrowind. But I'd probably want that for the PC for modding purposes....will need a new computer though, lol