Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont let the outer space setting scare you away from Mass Effect, if you're not into that kind of thing. The games are about as epic as they come.
Mass Effect 2 was the best game released this year hands down, in my opinion. The final mission is ******* awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
What games along those lines does next year include? Dragon Age 2 I know...I'm excited for that as long as I can play the ******* thing without a $125 Hard drive.....grr....still fuming about that.
Next year will be an amazing year for gaming.

Dead Space 2 in January, L.A. Noire/Duke Nukem/Bulletstorm in February, Dragon Age 2/Deus EX, Crysis 2 in March, Portal 2 in April, Metal Gear Solid: Rising in June. Etc.

As far as big time fall releases...there is a chance we could see a few of the following...Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Gears of War 3, Fallout 4, Max Payne 3, RAGE, Batman: Arkham City, and more.

Now, a lot of those will land in 2012...but we'll still have an excellent Fall selection in 2011. The next two years are going to be huge, thanks to the AAAA sequels.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-30-2010 at 12:20 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Mass Effect 2 was the best game released this year hands down, in my opinion. The final mission is ******* awesome.
My GotY hands down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dead Space 2 in January, L.A. Noire/Duke Nukem/Bulletstorm in February, Dragon Age 2/Deus EX, Crysis 2 in March, Portal 2 in April, Metal Gear Solid: Rising in June. Etc.

As far as big time fall releases...there is a chance we could see a few of the following...Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Gears of War 3, Fallout 4, Max Payne 3, RAGE, Batman: Arkham City, and more.

Now, a lot of those will land in 2012...but we'll still have an excellent Fall selection in 2011. The next two years are going to be huge, thanks to the AAAA sequels.
I'm hoping Kojima finds a way to release the new MGS late next year. I'm so happy it's being developed for 360.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a toss up between Red Dead and ME2 for my GoTY. This is 2 years in a row I was dissapointed with what came out around the Holidays, 2008 was the last one were there were multiple games I wanted.

Where is the new Elder Scrolls? I know they said something about delaying Fallout 4 until that came out, I was really hoping for something at E3 last year.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
Its a toss up between Red Dead and ME2 for my GoTY. This is 2 years in a row I was dissapointed with what came out around the Holidays, 2008 was the last one were there were multiple games I wanted.

Where is the new Elder Scrolls? I know they said something about delaying Fallout 4 until that came out, I was really hoping for something at E3 last year.
I used to frequent the ES message boards a lot more, and rumors there said something was likely going to be announced along with the release of the novels this November....nothing is out to my knowledge however.

Someone there did do some digging and found out that Bethesda got a copyright on the title "Skyrim" which is the Nord homeland in the games, so that's probably good indicator of where the game will take place. But that's still the most anyone knows.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex are all games I absolutely can't wait for. All probably first day purchases for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex are all games I absolutely can't wait for. All probably first day purchases for me.
I already have them all preorderd. Save Crysis 2. :P

And also...RAGE.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Now before I get excited about pre-releases I always think that after a few years a new console will come out.

How far do you guys think we are away from a PS4 or Xbox 720(?) being released? Xmas 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I honestly have no clue...seems pretty unnecessary right now.The 360 and PS3 still have tons of life left. They can probably fall anywhere from 2012 to 2014.

I also question how much better they will really be. And of course you know...the price. These things are going to be uber expensive and if they increase the price of software, I give up. $60 is already too much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-30-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they know that, given the generally bad economy and potential still left in the current gen consoles, it's best to hold out for a while yet.

I'd say we're at least 3 years away from any new consoles....and even if they did come out, like has been said, everything about them would be unbelievably expensive.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No company seems to be in a rush. Unless 3D TV takes off and is viable, I doubt you see anything new until at least Christmas 2013

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony has stated that they have a 10 year plan for the PS3 and plan on supporting it that long. That doesn't' mean they can't release the PS4 before 10 years though. The PS2 still was going strong when the PS3 was released.

As for Microsoft and Nintendo I have no idea.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good to know. These systems are fine that they have now and still support the graphics and games pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you think about it, the PSMove and Kinect are pretty much new consoles in their own right. There's still a lot of stuff for them to figure out and develop in this gen.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put me down in the 2013/2014 boat for next generation of consoles. A new Xbox will come out first again, but I think they really want to bring the technology along to a level they're comfortable with and a good time frame. Releasing consoles early does not end well typically, see the Dreamcast. If Sony is planning on a ten year life cycle and a new console in a few years, Microsoft should be planning on that too. YFS is right in that Move and Connect are basically new platforms to build on, especially the Kinect with how well it is selling.

New Deus Ex video showing off preorder bonuses. We get some good gameplay too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They're both selling much better than I thought they would. Even though, there is nothing out for them. Maybe the Kinect Sports and the sports one for the Move are good, but still. Pretty ****** list of games.

Move has sold 4.1 million

Kinect 2.5 million already

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's not something that's targeted towards our demographic. 16-28 year old males really aren't that interested. Family's and children however, huge market. Kinect is probably going to sell 5 M by the time the Holidays are over and that's just the initial run.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont know....the black friday push gave it a huge boost. 5 million is stretching it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Does that figure include Black Friday? I heard that number tossed about a bit before. If so, yeah, overestimate, but it will sell a lot more units by Christmas for sure.

Move sales aren't as good as previously stated either, the 4.1 is shipped units, not units sold.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's not something that's targeted towards our demographic. 16-28 year old males really aren't that interested. Family's and children however, huge market. Kinect is probably going to sell 5 M by the time the Holidays are over and that's just the initial run.
Exactly. What 16-28 year old is going to pay for Kinect when there's no software out for it? The damn thing costs more than the console.

Once the mainstream developers start figuring it out and the price comes down, it's going to take off even more.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Cliffy B has something planned for the VGA Awards supposedly Kinect releated.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I heard it wasn't Kinect related?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Really? I heard it wasn't Kinect related?
Might have changed, last I heard it was. Unrelated to Gears though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its gears related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote