Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah. It's frustrating because it's supposedly just finical posturing by Square. Final Fantasy 14 was such an absolute bomb by them that they want to just chalk up this quarter as a loss and start fresh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie, since becoming square enix, we haven't gotten the same level of quality games. I remember every FF release up until after ten being amazing. Since they have just been bleeeeh. FF 14 was a disaster, haha Sony got bragging rights for being the only console to get it, that worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Not gonna lie, since becoming square enix, we haven't gotten the same level of quality games. I remember every FF release up until after ten being amazing. Since they have just been bleeeeh. FF 14 was a disaster, haha Sony got bragging rights for being the only console to get it, that worked out.
Yeah they've been pretty **** for a while now. Maybe the Final Fantasy formula is just starting to run dry, dunno.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. The Japanese gaming industry is in a major decline. Not very profitable right now, and the quality of games coming from Japan is not on par with the ones being produced in the West and they have even admitted it. Lot of the top guys there are jumping ship from the traditional powers in the Japaneses gaming industry.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-16-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Meh. The Japanese gaming industry is in a major decline. Not very profitable right now, and the quality of games coming from Japan is not on par with the ones being produced in the West and they have even admitted it. Lot of the top guys there are jumping ship from the traditional powers there.
Kojima is pretty much the only thing they have left.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Eastern gaming is years behind the West now. Most of the games seem stale...and the gameplay itself, all feels the same in their respective genres. Merica and our hat own the software game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting on Reach in a little bit if anyone is looking to punch some noobs in the face........

With grenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Getting on Reach in a little bit if anyone is looking to punch some noobs in the face........

With grenades.
Actually, I'll be in in a half hour/hour if you're still playing.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

With grenades.
Sure, Ill play around 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
with our infinite gears of war clones. those aren't stale at all.

i don't know that japanese gaming is really that far behind, so much as they don't pump out the garbage people are playing these days. i doubt MGS, for instance, would've done well if it were released today. mass effect dumped half of the cool, fun gameplay features so that it could play more like a gears clone. ea is all but dumping single player.

yeah, you have the rare things like portal. but the vast majority of games lately are directly derivative (to the point that they might as well be exact copies) of every other crappy game that comes out. look at the top ten sellers for 360 (though, to be fair, ps3 buyers seem to favor at least a little variation in their games).

*shrug*
In today's ADD age, I have no doubt MGS would not come close to the popularity it gained in the 90s. Hell, by the time MGS2 was released, people were already bitching about too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 12-16-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Fantasy XIII is the worst game I've played in a long, long time. It honestly killed every bit of love I ever had for the series, and that was a lot of love. I will never buy another Square game.

I will continue to download ROMs and play the SNES/psx games whenever i feel like it.

This includes Super Mario RPG.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...Look at Bioware and Bethesda games. There is an insane amount of dialogue in those. A great deal of the time, all you're doing is talking. MGS would have been just fine, as long as it was a quality game.

As far as Western games being ahead of Eastern. The gameplay and stories are superior these days. You can say there are a lot of Gears or God of War clones. But honestly...Fallout, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Portal, Red Dead, Gears of War, Borderlands, etc. There is a great deal of variety and the overall finished products are just that much superior to what the Eastern market is putting out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-16-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
with our infinite gears of war clones. those aren't stale at all.

i don't know that japanese gaming is really that far behind, so much as they don't pump out the garbage people are playing these days. i doubt MGS, for instance, would've done well if it were released today. mass effect dumped half of the cool, fun gameplay features so that it could play more like a gears clone. ea is all but dumping single player.

yeah, you have the rare things like portal. but the vast majority of games lately are directly derivative (to the point that they might as well be exact copies) of every other crappy game that comes out. look at the top ten sellers for 360 (though, to be fair, ps3 buyers seem to favor at least a little variation in their games).

*shrug*
Eh, it's all subjective. The Japanese gaming industry is on the record that they're struggling with finances and the game designers themselves have been saying that things have gone stagnant there. So they're behind in that way for sure.

As far as design goes, yeah we do need the vary things up a bit more. But Japan is suffering from the same formulas. Devil May Cry clones, RPG's with out dated concepts and designs, ect. Part of the problem is that the companies are completely outclassed technology wise by the stuff we're doing in America. Japanese designers haven't adapted to the design process for this generation of consoles very well. Look at the stuff they put out at TGS. None of it is really that exciting, both for us and locally for them. It's actually going to be a major problem going forward for games because Japan has been such a big contributer to the console scene for years. Not a good thing at all, really.

Part of the issue with the 360 right now is the heavy Kinect/COD focus. It's like printing money with that, so there's little incentive to try anything else for Microsoft. Also probably suffering from the fact the 360 is now 6+ years old and the stuff inside the box has already reached it's limit. If I were going to make a game at this point that wasn't an online shooter, I would want it to at least be on the PS3 in addition to the 360, if not give it preference. Not an excuse for why we're getting Gears of Cod 6: Halo Wars, but it does explain why we haven't seen more stuff like Heavy Rain on the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh...Look at Bioware and Bethesda games. There is an insane amount of dialogue in those. A great deal of the time, all you're doing is talking. MGS would have been just fine, as long as it was a quality game.

As far as Western games being ahead of Eastern. The gameplay and stories are superior these days. You can say there are a lot of Gears or God of War clones. But honestly...Fallout, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Portal, Red Dead, Gears of War, Borderlands, etc. There is a great deal of variety and the overall finished products are just that much superior to what the Eastern market is putting out.
Great points. I can see why njx said what he said, but I agree with you.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We didnt see Heavy Rain on the 360 because Quantic Dream decided to go exclusive for the time being. They could have certainly made it work. But yeah, they made an ass load of money and far exceeded sales expectations. So they've decided to go multiplatform here on out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, it's all subjective. The Japanese gaming industry is on the record that they're struggling with finances and the game designers themselves have been saying that things have gone stagnant there. So they're behind in that way for sure.

As far as design goes, yeah we do need the vary things up a bit more. But Japan is suffering from the same formulas. Devil May Cry clones, RPG's with out dated concepts and designs, ect. Part of the problem is that the companies are completely outclassed technology wise by the stuff we're doing in America. Japanese designers haven't adapted to the design process for this generation of consoles very well. Look at the stuff they put out at TGS. None of it is really that exciting, both for us and locally for them. It's actually going to be a major problem going forward for games because Japan has been such a big contributer to the console scene for years. Not a good thing at all, really.

Part of the issue with the 360 right now is the heavy Kinect/COD focus. It's like printing money with that, so there's little incentive to try anything else for Microsoft. Also probably suffering from the fact the 360 is now 6+ years old and the stuff inside the box has already reached it's limit. If I were going to make a game at this point that wasn't an online shooter, I would want it to at least be on the PS3 in addition to the 360, if not give it preference. Not an excuse for why we're getting Gears of Cod 6: Halo Wars, but it does explain why we haven't seen more stuff like Heavy Rain on the 360.

Great points. I can see why njx said what he said, but I agree with you.
Hahaha, this made me laugh really hard. Grenade, shoot, melee, repeat.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Hahaha, this made me laugh really hard. Grenade, shoot, melee, repeat.
Might like this then haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I just enjoy grinding more than most ADD Western RPG players...personally ME2 felt like a completely watered down RPG to the point where it was like "press X to win or A to lose". I liked the deeper inventory system in ME1 and the sidequests seemed more important. The defining moment of ME2 for me was when I went to the Citadel/Ilium/Omega and every time I go to a shop I get the option to use Renegade to get cheaper prices. It felt really manufactured...moments like that take away from the engagement factor of an RPG. Add in the poor flow of the mainquest and you have a game that's pretty much a disjointed action/adventure game with medicore gameplay.

Assassin's Creed is a fun, simple game that draws on elements from other games like MGS & Prince of Persia to put together a solid package. More games like that would be nice instead of the usual generic shootan or barebones RPG.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Street Fighter IV, Dragon Quest, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo 5. Those are all quality games or series from the East. Sure you're right about the stories being superior, but their gameplay is top quality and diverse.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 12-16-2010 at 02:41 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Street Fighter IV, Dragon Quest, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo 5. Those are all quality games or series from the East. Sure you're right about the stories being superior, but their gameplay is top quality and diverse.
I'm more talking about the two major consoles...East owns the Wii, obviously. There are certainly good games they've turned out for the 360/PS3, but with far less frequecny then the Western developers. The Eastern market is hurting a bit now, and they know it. Hopefully, it will lead to more innovation or better quality in the future.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-16-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked AC2. But so much more could have been done for the game. PS3 is the best for RPG games. Their engine handles RPG games mass levels much better than 360s.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
All bad games.

Ninja Gaiden was fun 6 years ago, but meh now.

Other M...horrible. Couldn't stand what they did with Metroid there. All of the 3D Metroid games past the first have been very questionable.

Dragon Quest has evolved into super grind quest XXIV: Save the King Please.

Dead Rising is one of the more obnoxious, overrated games of this generation. Clunky controls and poor gameplay mechanics are obscured by OMG ZOMBIES LOL XD!!!!

related picture;

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-16-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I love Dead Rising. Enjoyed the **** out of that game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yes, I put the original Gears of War down as an example. Because it is a quality game. It came out in like 2007. Many have copied the forumula, but the game itself is a good one.

And there is certainly diversity in those major releases I mentioned. And if you dont think there is enough...compare quality between Western/Eastern games and it's not even close.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I disagree with you about Mass Effect 2, njx. I'm a huge hardcore RPG fan (dating back to some of Biowares originals like Baulders Gate/Neverwinter Nights) as well as some of the original Elder Scroll games and I can say there was nothing I hated more than that stupid overheated weapon crap on the original ME. It was just arachaic game design, which is to be expected as Bioware had never attempted a shooter up until that point.

There was nothing more deflating than being locked in combat and having to just stop and pause for five seconds while your gun "cools down." Maybe it's just personal preference. I don't think they were trying to target more Halo/COD people with the introduction of heating clips. I think they just wanted combat that was smooth and not bogged down.

As far as the story goes, I can't really say. I've only had time to play through ME2 once, and I'm planning to play it again once my semester ends so I think I'll get a better feel in that regards.

I mean, the original design intent was for ME to be a shooter, not a pure RPG, so I'm not that upset if they want to be more friendly towards people who play shooters. They still have their classic RPG roots with Dragon Age (which sold well) as well as TOR.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All bad games.

Ninja Gaiden was fun 6 years ago, but meh now.

Other M...horrible. Couldn't stand what they did with Metroid there. All of the 3D Metroid games past the first have been very questionable.

Dragon Quest has evolved into super grind quest XXIV: Save the King Please.

Dead Rising is one of the more obnoxious, overrated games of this generation. Clunky controls and poor gameplay mechanics are obscured by OMG ZOMBIES LOL XD!!!!
Those are not bad games. Difference of taste. Fallout, Assassin Creed, Elder Scrolls, and Call of Duty are bad games if I use your reasoning.

Quote:
I'm more talking about the two major consoles...East owns the Wii, obviously. There are certainly good games they've turned out for the 360/PS3, but with far less frequecny then the Western developers. The Eastern market is hurting a bit now, and they know it. Hopefully, it will lead to more innovation or better quality in the future.
How can you leave out the Wii? It has sold more than the 360 and PS3, and has some of the best Eastern developers working on it. If you're going to compare Eastern and Western games, you can't take out a chunk of the East's games.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 12-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote