Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Ya was playing Halo 3 for like 2 hours. Sooooo awesome. It's great when your worst games are like +10.
I used to play MLG status a year back. Me and my boys went to one of the orlando tourneys and came in 5th overall.. But then i had aids so i had to end my career.
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Ya was playing Halo 3 for like 2 hours. Sooooo awesome. It's great when your worst games are like +10.
:( I miss Halo 3 so so so much. Should not have traded that in....

Reach is fun, but the maps are absolutely terrible. I hate them.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive got 2 copies of Halo 3 haha. Im down to play it anytime. Im with DK, I miss going +10 every game. And I miss the BR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so I have a box that is suspiciously shaped like Resident Evil 5 under my Christmas tree and I will be very bored for four days. This sucks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Agreed. There isn't one Team Slayer (4vs4) match that I like, other than one of the Halo 2 remade maps.

I really prefer BTB just for that reason alone. The maps are all better. Particularly anything involving Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage).
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Agreed. There isn't one Team Slayer (4vs4) match that I like, other than one of the Halo 2 remade maps.

I really prefer BTB just for that reason alone. The maps are all better. Particularly anything involving Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage).
You just want vehicles.

Quote:

If we get enough people online (8) we can play customs/remakes. I'm pretty sure I have a remake of Beaver Creek, for example, which bhaarat said is his favorite map.

I won't have a mic until I get back to school around Jan. 9th.

The AC:B ending is ********...the storyline for those games is just stupid all around. I like them but only because the gameplay is fun. I still haven't tried the multiplayer...apparently it's really fun but I keep forgetting to try it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci and I are going to be playing Reach around 9 or 9:30 if anyone wants to join us.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn it, now I'm thinking about trading Reach back in for Halo 3. :/
Old 12-21-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
God damn it, now I'm thinking about trading Reach back in for Halo 3. :/
Haha isnt Halo 3 like 20 bucks? Just buy a copy! Im totally down to play Halo 3 instead of Reach tonight though haha
Quote:
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Haha isnt Halo 3 like 20 bucks? Just buy a copy! Im totally down to play Halo 3 instead of Reach tonight though haha
True, it is really, really cheap right now. Maybe! I miss my BR.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
True, it is really, really cheap right now. Maybe! I miss my BR.
I miss my dual SMGs. Or the Ultimate Noob Combo, plasma pistol/magnum. And I miss The Pit. And yes, I miss the BR terribly. And I miss games that didnt involve any grenade spamming.
Quote:
Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if u wanna buy games cheap, go to Blockbuster its buy 1 get 1 free.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I miss my dual SMGs. Or the Ultimate Noob Combo, plasma pistol/magnum. And I miss The Pit. And yes, I miss the BR terribly. And I miss games that didnt involve any grenade spamming.
I miss the plasma pistol + br.
That's what the real bad ass mofos used back in the dizzo.
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones9 View Post
I miss the plasma pistol + br.
That's what the real bad ass mofos used back in the dizzo.
Drain shield + headshot. Instakill.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Drain shield + headshot. Instakill.
Yeah but if you rock the magnum, you don't even have to switch weapons. Dual wield ftw.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah but if you rock the magnum, you don't even have to switch weapons. Dual wield ftw.
This is very true! I did this more on Halo 2 than Halo 3, though. On Halo 3 I was almost exclusively a BR player haha.

There's nothing more satisfying in the world than getting a Bulltrue headshot with the BR as you just keep backing up while some idiot is sprinting at you with the sword.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is very true! I did this more on Halo 2 than Halo 3, though. On Halo 3 I was almost exclusively a BR player haha.

There's nothing more satisfying in the world than getting a Bulltrue headshot with the BR as you just keep backing up while some idiot is sprinting at you with the sword.
Well in Halo 2 you could just quad shot people with the BR and be unstoppable. There was literally no answer for the Quad shot in that game.

They really took the magnum's power down in Halo 3, but it was still the most effective weapon opposite the plasma pistol if you ask me.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noob combo -________-.

BTW, just cause, Halo multiplayer>>>>>everything ever.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my 360 elite is actiing up gosh dang it . When I loaded NCAA 11 tonight ( haven't used the 360 all day ) It just doesn't load the game right away like it should .It takes like 10 tries after I blow into the opener and cleaned the disk once.Any solutions here ? It has done this once before already
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I think my 360 elite is actiing up gosh dang it . When I loaded NCAA 11 tonight ( haven't used the 360 all day ) It just doesn't load the game right away like it should .It takes like 10 tries after I blow into the opener and cleaned the disk once.Any solutions here ? It has done this once before already
You blew into the opener? This is not a Super Nintendo.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
You blew into the opener? This is not a Super Nintendo.
Yes very true. But that seem to do the trick lol
Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grenade spamming isn't a new phenomenon in Reach...there was plenty of grenade spam in Halo 3, it just didn't kill you every time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-23-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Grenade spamming isn't a new phenomenon in Reach...there was plenty of grenade spam in Halo 3, it just didn't kill you every time.
Yep. Grenade spamming happens in pretty much any game that allows for it. Modern Warfare was always a grenade spamming fest. Part of why I disliked it so much.

It's one of the reasons I like bigger, more open world shooters, like Bad Company 2. It's much more difficult to grenade spam in that game. Plus with vehicles on the maps it can negate a lot of usefulness of grenades.

I also think a lot of it is because you can toss a grenade at any time since it's set to a specific button/trigger. Using grenades in games where you have to cycle through your weapons to get to it makes it much less devastating as the time it takes to cycle to grenades, throw it, and get your primary weapon out again, usually the grenade can be dodged or the person you're fighting with will just kill you.

Personally, if it was up to me, I would make everyone start out with no grenades in Reach and in order to use them they must be picked up on the map somewhere.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

^ I've heard that mentioned before. It makes sense to treat grenades like a power weapon that spawns on the map, since...ya know...they basically are power weapons (nukes, to be exact).

I use the grenades a fair bit, but only because it's a trained reflex to throw a nade when 1 is traveling at me. I'd have better ratings and K/Ds if they were gone, that's for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to disagree with nade spamming. In halo 3 and 2, one grenade would never kill you. In Reach, people have gotten so good with grenades they can huck them half way accross the map and get you. I played Halo 3 this weekend, it's pretty much not even comparable how much better it was then reach. Reach just encourages noob game play, where as the other games you actually needed to be good with a BR and have actual skill to win. Punching is another thing that drives me crazy, punching with sprint is such a joke, I do it all the time it's easy as ****. I have a blast playing with everyone on here, but in general the game play isn't very fun. I'm tired of seeing people approach me in a firefight and just throw two grenades and run away. Theres no need to shooting if you get good at punching and throwing grenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote