Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm really hoping when they patch the game they tune down grenades significantly. Doing that one thing would make the gameplay infinitely better. Or like etk said, treat them like power weapons where they must be acquired.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here play Metro 2033? Worth getting? I got asked if I wanted anything for Christmas by someone doing some last minute stuff. Thinking this could be a good choice. Looks interesting enough, read some reviews...but yeah, anyone have an opinion on it?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I'm really hoping when they patch the game they tune down grenades significantly. Doing that one thing would make the gameplay infinitely better. Or like etk said, treat them like power weapons where they must be acquired.
I'm for toning down only because making them something you acquire goes against the system Halo has established. They toned up the grenades in Halo 2 with a big patch, they should just tone them down for Reach. The reason the big BTB levels are the best is because their so damn big Nade spamming becomes useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm for toning down only because making them something you acquire goes against the system Halo has established. They toned up the grenades in Halo 2 with a big patch, they should just tone them down for Reach. The reason the big BTB levels are the best is because their so damn big Nade spamming becomes useless.
Yep. Plus it's not like a lot of the maps on Reach where there are narrow corridors and rooms where you can just toss a grenade and someone is bound to run into it.

That's why Sword Base is kind of a pain because people all sort of fight in one area around the warp gate/teleporter room and grenades are just flying everywhere during fights.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it ******* possible for 2K to put out a game where defense is even in the realm of possibility? What a ******* joke.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Is it ******* possible for 2K to put out a game where defense is even in the realm of possibility? What a ******* joke.
Huh? I'm confused. Are we talking about 2k11 because the defense in the game is absolutely superb.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I don't give up more than 80 most games on all star.

Also WOOOO Christmas. Got Alan Wake, RDR, Batman, Darksiders, AC:Brotherhood and Fable 3.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best rosters for ncaa11 xbox anyone?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Huh? I'm confused. Are we talking about 2k11 because the defense in the game is absolutely superb.

Maybe it's because I'm playing the Magic/Worthy Lakers but they never shoot under 60%. That my friend is not superb.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm playing the Magic/Worthy Lakers but they never shoot under 60%. That my friend is not superb.
Must be something in your settings then. Most of my games are a little too defensive oriented, if anything. What difficulty are you playing on?

Also, try playing some regular games with non-Hall of Fame littered teams. I've not had too many games where the opposing team or myself shoots above 50%.

This is by far the best 2k11 game I've played. The defense is perfect. It's not just about holding down sprint and blowing by guys to score now.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm playing on whatever the default difficulty is, the very first game they put you into I won and it seemed incredibly realistic and I got pretty excited because I usually hate these games. But then after that it's like the game just said **** this guy let's just stop missing and have Vlade Divac sky over MJ for dunks. Guess I'll have to find some sliders.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm playing on whatever the default difficulty is, the very first game they put you into I won and it seemed incredibly realistic and I got pretty excited because I usually hate these games. But then after that it's like the game just said **** this guy let's just stop missing and have Vlade Divac sky over MJ for dunks. Guess I'll have to find some sliders.
Try putting it on All-Star difficulty. I haven't had to mess around with sliders at all and I've gotten realistic results.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Try these

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ost-patch.html

Passing is too difficult, so adjust that how you wish. I also play 11 minute quarters. I'm also a fan of the Real 2K Insider Roster with some tweaks.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is an awesome video. Watch it.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32215

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got some Microsoft points so I bought three arcade games.....
- Scott Pilgrim
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989 Arcade Version)
- X:Men Arcade game

They're all flippin' sweet.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Previously on Alan Wake...

What a freaking awesome game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Got some Microsoft points so I bought three arcade games.....
- Scott Pilgrim
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989 Arcade Version)
- X:Men Arcade game

They're all flippin' sweet.
I downloaded GTA San Andreas and have been loving it!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Upon further review and a switch to All Star difficulty 2K11 is the best sports game I've ever played.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Holy **** Alan Wake. Halfway through the 4th episode, rock stage battle was so awesome. Pretty freaking scary, have my brother and mom full into the story just watching me play lol. Sleeping tonight is gonna suuuuuuck.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Upon further review and a switch to All Star difficulty 2K11 is the best sports game I've ever played.
Ya, you have to get good sliders and pump it up to the hardest difficulty... It's amazing.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recently got introduced to NHL 10, lets just say I am already addicted to that game when ya play with two people to a team. Lots of fun.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Holy **** Alan Wake. Halfway through the 4th episode, rock stage battle was so awesome. Pretty freaking scary, have my brother and mom full into the story just watching me play lol. Sleeping tonight is gonna suuuuuuck.
Dude I want to get Alan wake so bad. Not as bad as Donkey Kong, but pretty badly. During the day time is it an open world game play to explore the town or does it make you stick to a linear line?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See? I told you.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
haha, thinking about the first time I did that level makes me smile. Epic.

Kinda wish I didnt trade it in so quickly seeing as I never tried the 1st DLC and the second one is only a couple hundred points.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to play some L4D/L4D2 co-op?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote