Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SKYRIM!!!! So, there is a new engine.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1144409p1.html
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bethesda has always been behind in terms of technology. It's exciting to see them catch up and even get ahead in that area. Hopefully the days of FUUUGLY character models are fast behind.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darksiders is a pretty ******* awesome game. Glad I randomly wanted that for no reason. Raping angels and demons with a big ass sword with some puzzles mixed in is sweet.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a major fan of both games, this is seriously awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1145296p1.html

Dead Space 2. Loved the first one. Literally woke up one morning, started playing, and didn't stop until I beat it. So addicting, it was one of the few movies I have played where it was like a movie. Just wanted to know what happened next.

I completely forgot this was out this early, and it's a must buy for me. But I am broke as hell. Thank god for Trade in's.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I am making a two day run through starting soon. Might buy the Tank Pack to make it easier for time reasons.

Also;

My body is ready.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I am making a two day run through starting soon. Might buy the Tank Pack to make it easier for time reasons.

Also;

My body is ready.
Ahhhh, Crysis 2 looks so awesome. I can't wait to give the MP a try on Tuesday.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Wow. I didn't realize there was a demo coming out. That's really good news. This is a great gaming week for me.

Also; apparently you can't start Dead Space on impossible if you wait to long. That really, really sucks for me actually as I was looking forward to doing that tomorrow. Sort of stupid.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. I didn't realize there was a demo coming out. That's really good news. This is a great gaming week for me.

Also; apparently you can't start Dead Space on impossible if you wait to long. That really, really sucks for me actually as I was looking forward to doing that tomorrow. Sort of stupid.
Yeah, it's a beta. Not sure how much is included, but it'd be nice to get a feel for the game.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's probably one level. It's actually sort of a smart thing to do to try to build up some hype for the game. A lot of console gamers haven't heard of it and will be weirded out somewhat that it's a sequel. I enjoyed the first game, but didn't once touch the multiplayer. Looks pretty damn awesome from the trailer, has some things in common with that Brink game coming out soon too(which also looks sweet).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like that trailer is a more polished Reach multiplayer haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Anyone up for trying some Crysis 2 at some point? I gave it a shot this morning and while it still needs some polish, it's very fun. Very deep game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380311370405+&item=380 311370405
1 year xbox live subscription $35 free shipping score just bought one
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Dead Space 2 is fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Anyone up for trying some Crysis 2 at some point? I gave it a shot this morning and while it still needs some polish, it's very fun. Very deep game.
I just played it recently. Seems decent. It does have a lot of similarities to the Call of Duty series though, which is a bit of a turn off. However, there are some nuances and of course the carry over from the original Crysis with the suits abilities.

Still, unless their are some innovative game modes in the full version, multiplayer may end up being a distant interest for me.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already mentioned it in the BO thread, but anyone know a store that sells the red and white audio wires that you need to use with the Turtle Beach headphones? Best Buy doesn't sell them and he said I'd need to order them, I don't feel like waiting that long. I had no idea I needed an additional piece, and I'm using the hdmi cord from my xbox to tv so I have no clue where my component wires are even at, I probably threw them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I just played it recently. Seems decent. It does have a lot of similarities to the Call of Duty series though, which is a bit of a turn off. However, there are some nuances and of course the carry over from the original Crysis with the suits abilities.

Still, unless their are some innovative game modes in the full version, multiplayer may end up being a distant interest for me.
I'm actually having a lot of issues with it. I'm underwhelmed really. There seems to be some rather large issues with hit detection and lag. Crytek is actually getting a whole lot of crap for it on their site too.

It is sort of disappointing they went the COD clone route as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I already mentioned it in the BO thread, but anyone know a store that sells the red and white audio wires that you need to use with the Turtle Beach headphones? Best Buy doesn't sell them and he said I'd need to order them, I don't feel like waiting that long. I had no idea I needed an additional piece, and I'm using the hdmi cord from my xbox to tv so I have no clue where my component wires are even at, I probably threw them away.
I have same setup with turtle beach and hdmi cables, but I was able to just plug turtle beach wires into the back of my tv's basic output holes. everything I needed came with the headset, and my stuff isn't connected to any kind of component cables. its just the red and white attached to the headset plugged into tv output. did your stuff break?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm actually having a lot of issues with it. I'm underwhelmed really. There seems to be some rather large issues with hit detection and lag. Crytek is actually getting a whole lot of crap for it on their site too.

It is sort of disappointing they went the COD clone route as well.
Yep. I'm not that impressed now that I've played it more. You're right about the lag issues too.

Meh, I don't see why everyone feels the need to become a Call of Duty clone. I do enjoy the idea of progression and the RPG element COD uses but to reuse everything (perks, weapons modifications, etc.) is really weak.

Like I said before, unless there is a really ground breaking multiplayer mode I don't see myself playing online much.

At this point I'm way more interested in the singleplayer/campaign.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting way too excited for ESV already and it's still 10 and a half months away. If you haven't been following it and you want to check out some stuff, here's a link to a bunch of articles/videos of info.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx
Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Yep. I'm not that impressed now that I've played it more. You're right about the lag issues too.

Meh, I don't see why everyone feels the need to become a Call of Duty clone. I do enjoy the idea of progression and the RPG element COD uses but to reuse everything (perks, weapons modifications, etc.) is really weak.

Like I said before, unless there is a really ground breaking multiplayer mode I don't see myself playing online much.

At this point I'm way more interested in the singleplayer/campaign.
Money, mostly. Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I think they're doing some interesting things. I dislike killstreaks in games because they lead to people playing games ****** ways to sit and compile them. Crysis has an interesting answer to this in that you have to go to their body to pick it up. But still, yeah, waaaaay too much of a "Call of Halo" vibe.

I'm a sucker for shooters. I don't stick with them long, but I go through love affairs. I was hoping this would be more Bad Company than Call of Duty.

The good news about the single player is that it's not being handled by the same team. Crytek is developing that while the guys who did TimeSplitters are doing the multiplayer. I really hate that EA does that...but in this case it leaves a lot of hope for the campaign.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, in terms of multiplayer I'm far more interested in Battlefield 3 than I am Crysis. Bad Company 2 is the multiplayer style I love. Open maps, vehicles, destructible environments, etc.

I still need to get the Vietnam expansion for it though.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, in terms of multiplayer I'm far more interested in Battlefield 3 than I am Crysis. Bad Company 2 is the multiplayer style I love. Open maps, vehicles, destructible environments, etc.

I still need to get the Vietnam expansion for it though.
It's fantastic. Probably better than the base game even. The soundtrack is also excellent. Probably the coolest loading screen for FPS maps ever. The maps themselves are consistently interesting and really shine in Conquest mode.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m really about toss my 360 elite out the dam window.Today it decdies not to loading any freaking disk.I'm sitting opening and closing the tray for like the lat 10 mins. DAM POS !
Old 01-27-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I"m really about toss my 360 elite out the dam window.Today it decdies not to loading any freaking disk.I'm sitting opening and closing the tray for like the lat 10 mins. DAM POS !
Lay it on its side.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote