Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Lay it on its side.
I never stand my 360 up .It is always laying horizontally . Any other ideas ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I never stand my 360 up .It is always laying horizontally . Any other ideas ?
$40 fix. take it to a local xbox/computer repair place. there are 3 places in Kalamazoo, MI, so I'm sure there has to be one wherever you are from. my original xbox did that and i ended up buying an elite and let my old xbox collect dust for 2 years. now I recently brought that old xbox to a repair shop and they fixed it for $40, so now I have an xbox for my girlfriend to play fable/kinect with. It was some kinda cd tray/lense or laser or whateverthe**** on it, but it was pretty cheap and was done within 24 hours.

*my old xbox used to not close or read game disks. I would jam it shut and then I would force it to stay close by holding it, whenever it would magically stay shut...it wouldn't read the game. $40.

http://www.xbox360repairnorthwest.com/ ?????never used them, but just a quick google. I would personally just go to wherever the nearest mall is at and google map the area for xbox repair.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-27-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prowler,
Thanks for the info . Sadly there are none around here that I no off I will have to look around.We had a small mom n pop store that fixed consoles.But don't any more"sigh" what kind of place would you suggest ?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally beat Dead Space 2. It took a bit longer than I would have wanted because I dealt with being sick the past few days. Wow...what an ending. Got really hairy there for awhile and I died soooo much. But it was very much worth it. Overall, better game than the first one. Maybe not the same focused experience, but there's something to be said for opening things up a bit. Probably going to go back through it on Zealot for achievements and such. Tried the mutliplayer today too. It was better than I thought it would be...but it's not something I see myself playing for months and months. Good ideas there, but it's just not my thing.

I've still been playing a lot of the Crysis 2 demo in spite of the problems. While I love the gameplay and the design of it all, there's just too many issues for me to call it a first day buy unless the reviews that come out are overwhelmingly positive and specifically mention them fixing things. Hit detection is spotty, lag is horrible(although not visually), and autoaim seems to work some times and not others. There's also noticeable input lag and matchmaking problems. I've been through this stuff with games from EA one too many times(Dragon Age: Awakenings and NCAA 11 notably) where they ship with so many issues because no one tests them. The good news is that it's hurt them financially recently with Medal of Honor shipping with many, many problems and suffering from poor metacritic scores and sales as a result. They fixed the issues with Bad Company 2 before it shipped as well, so there's so hope for it...but it's very late into the development process to have as many issues as this demo has.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
$40 fix. take it to a local xbox/computer repair place. there are 3 places in Kalamazoo, MI, so I'm sure there has to be one wherever you are from. my original xbox did that and i ended up buying an elite and let my old xbox collect dust for 2 years. now I recently brought that old xbox to a repair shop and they fixed it for $40, so now I have an xbox for my girlfriend to play fable/kinect with. It was some kinda cd tray/lense or laser or whateverthe**** on it, but it was pretty cheap and was done within 24 hours.

*my old xbox used to not close or read game disks. I would jam it shut and then I would force it to stay close by holding it, whenever it would magically stay shut...it wouldn't read the game. $40.

http://www.xbox360repairnorthwest.com/ ?????never used them, but just a quick google. I would personally just go to wherever the nearest mall is at and google map the area for xbox repair.
Thanks for link .I sent them an email about my problem .Hopefully they can help.I just couldn't find any local places here .
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back M.O.T.H.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish I hadn't traded in NCAA 11. Even with it's flaws, I really want to play that **** right now. And of course it still costs $60 bucks and I traded it in for like 15.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Atl , that is why you never trade in games . Specially sports one.All you can get for them is maybe 10 bucks back .
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't trade in games anymore. I realized the damage it had done when I went to look back at my Playstation collection. I traded in a lot of games that would be worth soooo much more than I got for them back then. Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story can fetch more than a hundred bucks sometimes. Doesn't even matter about the cash value either, just miss having some of those games around. Gamestop is a literal incarnation of hell too. I can't even step in that place anymore.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

ElectricEye,
Yup I agree with you there also.I keep telling my self no trading in games but sometimes I give in for the ones I don't play or care for but I really need to stop . Lucky I think I'm done trading in games this year .You just never no when you want to play them again .
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was against trading in games to gamestop just by principle alone. The value they offer you is ********, it's not even close to fair. I'd rather just keep the game and spend the full amount for a new game or wait. That said, I totally wish I traded in Reach when I got black ops. haha Reach sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was against trading in games to gamestop just by principle alone. The value they offer you is ********, it's not even close to fair. I'd rather just keep the game and spend the full amount for a new game or wait. That said, I totally wish I traded in Reach when I got black ops. haha Reach sucks.
I've been playing Reach a ton more than Black Ops lately. Probably because I played Modern Warfare 2 to death though. I want to pick up Dead Space 2 so I'm finally getting around to beating Dead Space. On Chapter 6 right now and its one of the better games I've played recently. Reminds me a lot of Doom III.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I've been playing Reach a ton more than Black Ops lately. Probably because I played Modern Warfare 2 to death though. I want to pick up Dead Space 2 so I'm finally getting around to beating Dead Space. On Chapter 6 right now and its one of the better games I've played recently. Reminds me a lot of Doom III.
I hope not! Doom III was really meh to me. It was solid game but it just became highly repetitive and predictable after a while.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I hope not! Doom III was really meh to me. It was solid game but it just became highly repetitive and predictable after a while.
I just mean the audio/video/text logs and the atmosphere. Deadspace's gameplay is a lot better.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Keep on chugging. Dead Space 2 is very worth it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doom 3 had amazing atmosphere going for it however, the graphics at the time were top notch as well.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I was disappointed big time with Doom 3. id always knows how to make a game look nice and are always at the technological forefront, but they've yet to step into the current generation of games gameplay wise. Rage looks like it could be something special though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-02-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started playing Reach again recently and I absolutely love it. Especially all the **** they've added since I last played.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Started playing Reach again recently and I absolutely love it. Especially all the **** they've added since I last played.
Reach makes me a sad panda. Although we have had some fantastic NFLDC Reach nights. That one time we had like 8 of us online and we owned BTB was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Reach makes me a sad panda. Although we have had some fantastic NFLDC Reach nights. That one time we had like 8 of us online and we owned BTB was awesome.
I wouldn't be opposed to getting us back together.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reach reunion and I wasn't invited?
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're always invited DK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Dark Souls trailer, sequel to 2009's Demons Souls. For my fellow mono-console Xbros who didn't get to play Demons Souls, let me go out on a limb and tell you guys this is going to be a great game. Demons Souls was one of the better dungeon crawlers/action RPG's to come out in awhile.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-02-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

This couldn't be more true. I asked about trading in W@W when MW2 was out only a few months, they told me 2$. It was for sale in the store for 40$. There have been a ton of other instances I wanted to do trade-ins but the value was so ****** up that I just keep them for a collection. I have the last few Maddens also.

I hope I can find a good trade offer on craigslist, lots of guys post adds wanting to do trades and list 20-30 games. I'd gladly take an old Need for Speed racing game just for example over trading a game in for 5$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ok. So I've basically decided Crysis 2 is the best console shooter I've ever played after playing it A LOT. That comes with an asterisk though, as it's only that way when everyone has a good connection and isn't playing like a ******. This is a rare occasion. Lag, buggy hit detection, and questionable autoaim are real issues and might be a deal breaker in the end. But the mechanics and things you can do in this game are so awesome. Sliding on the floor cloaked and lighting someone up with a shotgun is amazing. Air stomping someone from the top of a building is an absolute thrill(Not one that I've ever managed to pull off successfully though haha). It's a really, really great game at the core but there's so many technical issues to wade through. I'm worried about it not being ready for next month. They'll ship it anyway though because it's EA :/

Also; delicious Deus Ex Human Revolution video.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.