Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously I looked so long for why there was no mega man. But Zero is bad ass too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero is a ************ in this game. Saw a fight where a dude chained a zero combo with Super Skrull for a 98-hit combo. Sick.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero is going to be that guy that's fun until everyone starts using him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
YFS NCAA is one of the sweetest games ever haha.

I have been rockin fifa for like the past week like 3 games a day.. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yup, so happy I got it back. And nice sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
same here, pounding out 3 games with full recruiting a day
It really emphasises how terrible Madden is, especially when you consider that NCAA gets about a quarter of the funding that Madden does.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive always liked ncaa better, didnt have the console to play till 04 on ps2(man that was a damn time getting ecu back to prominence in the period where ecu had 4 wins in 3 seasons) seems like before i know wtf happened its 2045 and every record is owned by the pirates every time i buy it love that ****
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden has been painfully bad for years now. Its because all they have to do is throw out the same **** with the title Madden on it and people will buy it.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It really emphasises how terrible Madden is, especially when you consider that NCAA gets about a quarter of the funding that Madden does.

It really is a shame. Especially considering NCAA is right on the cusp of greatness, but falls a bit short.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to bring some things back from the old NCAA. The one year on xbox I loved it. Dynasty mode was so in depth, players got in trouble and you had to hand out punishment. A few other things.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see why they removed the "players getting in trouble" feature. It really wasn't that in depth. Do they add by removing it? Probably not, but I can see why they got rid of it.

There should be a character rating or something. Or a few of them. The "pay a punch of money to keep your kids out of trouble" wouldn't really make much sense at certain schools.

But yeah, I agree with the point about needing more depth in the game. As it's presently constituted, the gameplay has finally caught up to the level that the last generation consoles put forward...but the dynasty mode has not. I was really pissed at all of the recruiting stuff they got wrong this year. They tried to nerf the recruit ratings so impact true freshmen were rare...but they basically made it so they don't exist. I really think someone needs to redesign the entire recruiting process really. They need to find a way to make it more complex...but less involved. The thing that instantly turns me off about recruiting is how boring it gets after the second week. Those phone calls are the very definition of a grind and that's never a good thing in a game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+B...&skuId=9761226

I am a very, very happy gamer right now. Just picked up this TV for $764. I've been scrutinizing what I wanted for at least 5-6 months now and I finally just bought one, and I love it so much. So much better than my old 34" CRT tube SDTV it's not even comparable.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the lower end one of those...1080p, 40 in, but 60 HZ. It's a beautiful machine.

That said, I still think 720P is pretty ideal for most gaming. A lot of games just look like crap or choppy on my 1080p television. Even when I adjust it to 720P. It can be a bit of an annoyance sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Batman Arkham city isn't going to have co-op or multiplayer. Im pissed.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like that. Just for the fact that I wouldnt want to lug a cpu player with me when I'm playing by myself. I dont really love the idea of campaigns being built around co-op, completely. Like Resident Evil 5 for instance. That said, they can be amazing when you actually have a buddy to play with. Sadly, most of my friends just play sports games and shooters.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I actually like that. Just for the fact that I wouldnt want to lug a cpu player with me when I'm playing by myself. I dont really love the idea of campaigns being built around co-op, completely. Like Resident Evil 5 for instance. That said, they can be amazing when you actually have a buddy to play with. Sadly, most of my friends just play sports games and shooters.
Eh, I think if you look at a lot of games in the past it's not a requirement to lug that extra AI controlled teammate around. Just make it to where if you've got a human player for coop, the difficulty ramps up a bit. Problem solved! You might miss out on some of the trigger events requiring two people, but it's not that big a deal for a non-coop exclusive game.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
They need to bring some things back from the old NCAA. The one year on xbox I loved it. Dynasty mode was so in depth, players got in trouble and you had to hand out punishment. A few other things.
I remember for Campus legend thing, I got suspended one game for a low GPA against the Gators and that turned out to be our only loss. After that, I vow to be a better video game student.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Ya... No Mega Man, but Tron Bonne and Zero?! Viewtiful Joe?! She-Hulk (WEAK!)?!

No Juggernaut...yeah...majorly disappointing roster, but still should be great.
She-Hulk is awesome stop hating! I think the roster is pretty awesome aside from a few choices (X-23 and Mordok really?). They said Mega Man didn't provide anything unique is why hes not there. No Juggernaut is shameful, especially considering they still have Sentinel. A manufactured robot vs THE JUGGERNAUT. How do they add the mass produced "character"? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The roster is pretty weak this time. Liked MvC2's much better. Not so much that I hate the people in MvC3's, just not as big. You just know they have a lot of other coming through DLC too...sigh.
Capcom said they weren't going to do a lot of DLC characters. They have 2 right now because of characters being cut and all this jazz that I fail to remember fully.

You couldn't expect MvC3 to have the same size of MvC2. MvC2 was unbalanced as ****. A handful of characters could dominate the whole roster.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-14-2011 at 02:59 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And super skrull does? Those guys were invented just to have Marvel heros beat the **** out of some people. Mega man is boss, much better choice than a lot of the other fighters they have.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And super skrull does? Those guys were invented just to have Marvel heros beat the **** out of some people. Mega man is boss, much better choice than a lot of the other fighters they have.
Yeah, I'm not going to disagree with you on that. I'd take any Fantastic Four member over Super Skrull and his FF4 abilities. But I disagree about Megaman. If they rebooted him maybe, but not his MvC2 form. I also tend to hate smaller characters. Moves just go over their heads, it's annoying as ****.

**** Yoda in Soul Calibur. **** 3D fighters in general :)

Also 900 best buys across the country have MvC3 demos. I'm a huge fighting game nerd so I'm about to make another trip up there lol.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post

You couldn't expect MvC3 to have the same size of MvC2. MvC2 was unbalanced as ****. A handful of characters could dominate the whole roster.
Yeah...but it's Marvel Versus Capcom. It's never been a super in depth competitive fighter. We had other games for that back then, we have other games for that now. It's supposed to be about fun and being as ridiculous a crossover as possible. Absolutely takes away some of the value of the game and doesn't make it worth 60 dollars for me.

As far as DLC goes, saying that they were planning a lot of it would hurt their sales so of course they'll say not coming. But I highly doubt they'll stick to that because there's so much money to be made from it potentially.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah...but it's Marvel Versus Capcom. It's never been a super in depth competitive fighter. We had other games for that back then, we have other games for that now. It's supposed to be about fun and being as ridiculous a crossover as possible. Absolutely takes away some of the value of the game and doesn't make it worth 60 dollars for me.

As far as DLC goes, saying that they were planning a lot of it would hurt their sales so of course they'll say not coming. But I highly doubt they'll stick to that because there's so much money to be made from it potentially.
I guess you haven't seen or been to a MvC2 tournament. Maybe not in depth as other fighters, but it is super competitive.

Guess how many DLC characters Street Fighter and Super Street Fighter IV have to this day. 0. I don't see why they would just start ******** out DLC characters all of a sudden, when it goes against what they have said in the past.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Competitive? Sure. You can be "competitive" at Super Smash Bros. That doesn't mean it's an ideal competitive game. The new one doesn't really look any different either. As negp mentioned, look at the videos of Zero.

Money? Demand? I know for a fact I'm not the only one who was disappointed by the roster nor am I the only one speculating that there will be DLC. Street Fighter may not have had additional fighters, but they had those awful overpriced costume packs people bought. I wouldn't say Capcom is nearly as shy about DLC as you are implying.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Competitive? Sure. You can be "competitive" at Super Smash Bros. That doesn't mean it's an ideal competitive game. The new one doesn't really look any different either. As negp mentioned, look at the videos of Zero.

Money? Demand? I know for a fact I'm not the only one who was disappointed by the roster nor am I the only one speculating that there will be DLC. Street Fighter may not have had additional fighters, but they had those awful overpriced costume packs people bought. I wouldn't say Capcom is nearly as shy about DLC as you are implying.
Zero takes hits like a *****. I have been watching countless videos and I've played the game, I don't really need to see any more videos. Zero is more ridiculous in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

MvC2 has always been super competitive, it's why they still had tournaments for it last year. But obviously when a casual fighting game fan comes in and says it's not competitive it must be true :/

I'm not saying they won't have any DLC, they already have 2 announced. They've said they are not going to release a lot and I just believe them. I follow fighting games closely and really like Seth Killian since he got onboard with Capcom. They said in the past about DLC characters is that it can split communities and give people advantages through money (paraphrasing). They said they would like to shy away from it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I think if you look at a lot of games in the past it's not a requirement to lug that extra AI controlled teammate around. Just make it to where if you've got a human player for coop, the difficulty ramps up a bit. Problem solved! You might miss out on some of the trigger events requiring two people, but it's not that big a deal for a non-coop exclusive game.
I'd imagine if there would have been co-op. It would have been built around the entire campaign. Just like Resident Evil 5, Kane and Lynch, or an Army of Two. I'd rather be by myself, than have a crappy AI partner. Plus, I think it just lessens the overall experience. I hate the fact that Resident Evil 5 is exactly like this. I have no interest in replaying it. Batman doesnt really need co-op, the first game really nailed the formula just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post

MvC2 has always been super competitive, it's why they still had tournaments for it last year. But obviously when a casual fighting game fan comes in and says it's not competitive it must be true :/
Yeah...way to be condescending. Because that's cool and everything.

In some circles, you could be called a causal fighting game fan for being so enthused about the competitive aspect of MVC. But I'm not going to sit here like a fanboy and pretend my opinion is better than anyone else's or comment on someones rank in some kind of imaginary hierarchy used to celebrate yourself.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'd imagine if there would have been co-op. It would have been built around the entire campaign. Just like Resident Evil 5, Kane and Lynch, or an Army of Two. I'd rather be by myself, than have a crappy AI partner. Plus, I think it just lessens the overall experience. I hate the fact that Resident Evil 5 is exactly like this. I have no interest in replaying it. Batman doesnt really need co-op, the first game really nailed the formula just fine.
You're exactly right. AI partners are crap, especially when you're forced to interact with them. Resident Evil 5 is annoying to play by yourself but with a friend it's excellent.

If they could split the co-op into its own mode or not force you to babysit a douchebag AI, I'd be all for co-op in Arkham City.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.