Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah...way to be condescending. Because that's cool and everything.

In some circles, you could be called a causal fighting game fan for being so enthused about the competitive aspect of MVC. But I'm not going to sit here like a fanboy and pretend my opinion is better than anyone else's or comment on someones rank in some kind of imaginary hierarchy used to celebrate yourself.
Well considering that I've already admitted to myself and my friends that we'll probably be playing Super Street Fighter IV just as much for the competitiveness, I doubt it. Hell Street Fighter Third Strike is still more competitive and complex than Street Fighter IV and SSFIV. I can't wait for the Third Strike XBLA/PSN that is to be released.

My intent was not to come across as a jackass, and I apologize if I did. You said MvC2 wasn't competitive. I was just trying to disprove that which I can't really do without expressing my experience in the genre. I definitely could have said it a better way.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care for fighting games...but yeah, I gotta take my carless friend to get it tomorrow. haha. I'll probably add another pre-order to my list, while I'm there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, I'm not going to disagree with you on that. I'd take any Fantastic Four member over Super Skrull and his FF4 abilities. But I disagree about Megaman. If they rebooted him maybe, but not his MvC2 form. I also tend to hate smaller characters. Moves just go over their heads, it's annoying as ****.

**** Yoda in Soul Calibur. **** 3D fighters in general :)

Also 900 best buys across the country have MvC3 demos. I'm a huge fighting game nerd so I'm about to make another trip up there lol.
There's no excuse for not having Mega Man. They can say whatever reason they want, but they should have found a way to get him in there...especially if they're going to have Tron ******* Bonne...

There are a lot of omissions for both camps in this game and a bunch of stupid characters in their place. Too many Darksiders for Capcom, imo. No excuse for not having Juggernaut.

X-23 is a lame inclusion, so is MODOK, Sentinel, and Dommirjeoradknsfap;. Ghost Rider or Psylocke would have been a great choice over X-23. There's just a lot of "meh" here. I'm sure it's a balanced game, but there's only so far balance can go when you're not excited about playing with a lot of the characters (which is the entire point of the game).
Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see why they removed the "players getting in trouble" feature. It really wasn't that in depth. Do they add by removing it? Probably not, but I can see why they got rid of it.

There should be a character rating or something. Or a few of them. The "pay a punch of money to keep your kids out of trouble" wouldn't really make much sense at certain schools.

But yeah, I agree with the point about needing more depth in the game. As it's presently constituted, the gameplay has finally caught up to the level that the last generation consoles put forward...but the dynasty mode has not. I was really pissed at all of the recruiting stuff they got wrong this year. They tried to nerf the recruit ratings so impact true freshmen were rare...but they basically made it so they don't exist. I really think someone needs to redesign the entire recruiting process really. They need to find a way to make it more complex...but less involved. The thing that instantly turns me off about recruiting is how boring it gets after the second week. Those phone calls are the very definition of a grind and that's never a good thing in a game.

Yes, please change up recruiting. And make defenses and college style offenses more realistic. I want Cam Newton to play like Cam Newton. I don't want to see him running the ball 3 times a game against me.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There's no excuse for not having Mega Man. They can say whatever reason they want, but they should have found a way to get him in there...especially if they're going to have Tron ******* Bonne...

There are a lot of omissions for both camps in this game and a bunch of stupid characters in their place. Too many Darksiders for Capcom, imo. No excuse for not having Juggernaut.

X-23 is a lame inclusion, so is MODOK, Sentinel, and Dommirjeoradknsfap;. Ghost Rider or Psylocke would have been a great choice over X-23. There's just a lot of "meh" here. I'm sure it's a balanced game, but there's only so far balance can go when you're not excited about playing with a lot of the characters (which is the entire point of the game).
I'm not upset as I've said about Megaman. Probably because Zero is a much cooler character and Tron Bonne was one of my favorites in MvC2.

Too many Darksiders for Capcom? Yeah maybe. 3/36 isn't that bad though. Their two staples in the vs. series with Felicia and Morrigan along with Hsien-Ko(which is a cool character, way better than Felicia or Morrigan imo).

X-23, Modok and Sentinel I completely agree with as I previously stated. Dormammu is cool but why have him and not Doctor Strange? WTF. Same with Doctor Doom. I love Doom, but no Fantastic Four heroes in the game? Spider-Man needed a villain in the game. Most people will say Venom, but I'm a Green Goblin fan myself.

That said there are lot of awesome new characters and characters brought back from MvC2. Deadpool, Zero, Thor, Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, Dante, and Taskmaster. Those are some of the characters I'm most excited for.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look, Zero doesn't have **** on mega man. Zero gets his ass kicked in the first game hes in and mega man has to save the day. Secondly, in the sequel you have to spend all game finding his ***** ass because he got destroyed in the first one and if you didn't find all his pieces you had to fight him because sigma brain washed him or whatever. Now ask yourself, has mega man ever been brainwashed by sigma? No.

And that is why Mega man ******* owns and if there is anything that has relation to capcom, mega man is a must. Boom. PS I love zero, but come on how can you not have mega man in this game. It's unexplainable I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody know of someone who did a complete overhaul NCAA's rosters at the end of the season id love to have something like that ive got one that somebody put out around mid-season but would love to have a totally re-done one
Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Zero, but Mega Man is one of the premier IPs from Capcom. It's like having Super Smash Bro's without Mario (but with Luigi and Princess Toadstool).

I'd have ditched Dormammu for Silver Surfer (he fights Doom enough), Sentinel for Juggernaut, and maybe X-23 for Maximum Carnage (or Psylocke).

For Capcom's side, no Mega Man is crazy and I'd have definitely dropped C. Viper on her ******* head for just about anyone else...Kratos from GoW would have been a ************* awesome inclusion.

C. Viper is, by far (imo), the worst inclusion in the entire game. Horrible character in SF4...and Capcom is just forcing her on us now. To me, being included in MvC is a status symbol for the characters. C. Viper has no business in this game.

Last edited by nepg : 02-14-2011 at 07:49 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crysis 2 trailer. Looks solid, story eh. Was excited for that a bit as Richard Morgan was brought on and said some very bold things in regards to his view on the story in other shooters....but this doesn't appear all that different from the standard one going right now. Still should be an excellent game, but meh to the story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Most FPS's are so recycled... Never had much interest in Crysis. The genre has really hit a wall.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvel VS Cap 3 tomorrow! wahoooo!So can't wait.I wish they had DC guys instead oh well though.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Marvel VS Cap 3 tomorrow! wahoooo!So can't wait.I wish they had DC guys instead oh well though.
That was a different game.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

From what I remember, that actually got really good reviews.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Most FPS's are so recycled... Never had much interest in Crysis. The genre has really hit a wall.
Crysis was fantastic. I don't think the genre has hit a wall in terms of gameplay....but the people who write these games not named Ken Levine are clowns.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DC vs Mortal Kombat was all sorts of fun if you're into that sort of game (which I am).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ya I remember the MK vs DC.But I'm talking about the whole super heroes fighting against each like VS style DC VS Marvel.But I'm sure that would never happen.MV VS Cap 3 should be good any how.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crysis was fantastic. I don't think the genre has hit a wall in terms of gameplay....but the people who write these games not named Ken Levine are clowns.
I never got a chance to play Crysis 1. I didn't come away from the demo thinking Crysis 2 was worth buying. Not when I can get oneshotted with an assault rifle from a distance of about 1/4th of the map while I'm invisible but somehow I can't kill someone with four shotgun blasts to the back point blank.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I never got a chance to play Crysis 1. I didn't come away from the demo thinking Crysis 2 was worth buying. Not when I can get oneshotted with an assault rifle from a distance of about 1/4th of the map while I'm invisible but somehow I can't kill someone with four shotgun blasts to the back point blank.
The demo was bad. That stuff was mostly attributed to poor hit detection in conjunction with lag. Connection issues were a *****. When you got into a good game and got used to how to shoot and aim it was fantastic.

I don't know, maybe I'm overly bullish about that game. Crysis 1 was one of my favorite FPS' and Crysis 2 is headed in the right direction assuming they fix the hit detection and lag in multiplayer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ha ya I remember the MK vs DC.But I'm talking about the whole super heroes fighting against each like VS style DC VS Marvel.But I'm sure that would never happen.MV VS Cap 3 should be good any how.
It's not out of the realm of possibility. The problem is that DC makes their superheroes invincible (or at least, they used to). Marvel's characters all have real flaws.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yes, please change up recruiting. And make defenses and college style offenses more realistic. I want Cam Newton to play like Cam Newton. I don't want to see him running the ball 3 times a game against me.
Use the coaching sliders table at the bottom of the first post. You'll have to adjust every team, but your dynasty will play much more realistically.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html

Also, EA and the NFL re-upped their deal to run through 2014 (ie the next generation of consoles).

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was a big stink about not being able to do fatalities in that game, right?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html

Also, EA and the NFL re-upped their deal to run through 2014 (ie the next generation of consoles).
That is just so terrible news,I think the NFL is just all balls over EA right for making Madden that they don't want any other companies many a good completions for NFL games "tear"
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is just so terrible news,I think the NFL is just all balls over EA right for making Madden that they don't want any other companies many a good completions for NFL games "tear"
My mistake it runs through 2013 now. So it would be Madden 14.

They're saying that they're doing it because they acknowledge Madden may lose revenue with the labor uncertainty. After all, if the NFLPA decertifies, no player's likeness could be used in the game. So the NFL tacked on an extra year for them to make up for lost revenues. FWIW, the EA deal is one of the most lucrative non-TV contracts the NFL has.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Deal is good for the NFL, bad for gamers. Sports games are better when they have to compete for market share.

R.I.P. Junior Seau