Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard about the madden/nfl deal today, bummer competition is needed badly so the game can advance :(
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA stopping Mirrors Edge 2 makes me sad as well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
EA stopping Mirrors Edge 2 makes me sad as well.
Yeah, I never played that one personally but I watched a friend run through it multiple times. Know a lot of people who won't be happy about that one. Apparently they want DICE to focus on Battlefield 3 and I can understand that because that's their money maker....but still stinks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yourfavestoner,
I guess you do make a good company point there.But I'm so freaking tired of Madden being the only gosh darn NFL game today!I remember back in the day I could 989 sports or 2k sports for like half the price and they were better games too.It is just crap that the NFL PA has to think this way about the whole Madden balls crap.Madden does have a good way in the online franchise,but game play wise it really sucks.Their graphics for Madden is alright for football, it is just the game play is just ugly and so far off.I mean with a team company like Sony for MLB the show series its flawless and competition over 2k sports for baseball and is out of this world for a sports game.It should get MLB 11 the show sports of the year next year if the media didn't have their balls all over Madden.Just my two cents here on Madden and EA.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Crysis 2 beta was insanely tedious. Not my thing at all, I just dont find these tactical shooters to be fun at all. It's all the same crap. And Crysis 2 plays just like Call of Duty online. So, the only way I'll buy it, is if the story turns out to be great. I actually liked the story trailer. Sure it's cliche, but I always like alien invasion movies. Got a soft spot for them. haha. But that said, some campaign videos I saw early on, left a lot to be desired. I'm not excited for the game at all, really. But there is still a small chance I'll pick it up down the line.

I love me some shooters...but the type I like, have to have a great/well delivered story or some kind of gameplay gimmick ala Bioshock or Singularity. Otherwise, I'll be bored to death. Military shooters are such a huge turn off for me. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-15-2011 at 06:08 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to give Singularity a shot. That and Metro 2033 are two holes in my resume from last year I would love to fill provided I find the time/funding.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I still need to give Singularity a shot. That and Metro 2033 are two holes in my resume from last year I would love to fill provided I find the time/funding.
Both are really good under the radar games.

I liked Metro 2033 better, but they're both well done. Both looking at sequels as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

My buddy got MvC3 today...Chris is insanely good on hard for some reason. And my buddy has found a new favorite in M.O.D.O.K. He's pretty cheap, but really good.

That's all I got on this game. haha. I dont really like fighting games too much. Dont see how they're worth $60.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Both are really good under the radar games.

I liked Metro 2033 better, but they're both well done. Both looking at sequels as well.
I'm excited about what I read about the Metro 2033 squeal. I have a lot of respect for the guys that made that game and their best stuff is ahead of them for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-15-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My buddy got MvC3 today...Chris is insanely good on hard for some reason. And my buddy has found a new favorite in M.O.D.O.K. He's pretty cheap, but really good.

That's all I got on this game. haha. I dont really like fighting games too much. Dont see how they're worth $60.
There is one fighting game that is definitely worth the $60, Mortal Kombat.

Quote:
Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite series is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. Mortal Kombat introduces a number of game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game's iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes.

Mortal Kombat introduces a number of game modes as well as an online experience. Up to 4 players can battle "tag-team"- 2 players can team up in the new "Co-op Arcade Mode" or compete against another team online.
Genre: Fighting
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Online Play: 4 Versus
Release Date: April 19, 2011
I might get MvC3 when it drops to $15 used, but I will definitely get Mortal Kombat day one. Deep single player, tons of characters, and 4 people.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bored and in sports simulation mode.

I plan on starting two.

NCAA 2011...Really crappy mid major. Spread Offense/3-4 Defense. Makes recruiting so much more fun.

NBA 2K11...Cleveland Cavaliers default roster baby! lol.

Should be fun.

I dont know why, but I almost always follow the same format in NCAA. Take a crap mid-major, turn them around completely. Hopefully into a perennial ranked team and conference championship winner. Then I'll jump ship to either a crappy major conference school or take a much more higher profiled job. Spend a nice tenure there and then make my triumphant return to the school I started with, when my coach is all old and gray, and that school has probably returned to being horrible. Turning around former power houses is always fun too.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
yourfavestoner,
I guess you do make a good company point there.But I'm so freaking tired of Madden being the only gosh darn NFL game today!I remember back in the day I could 989 sports or 2k sports for like half the price and they were better games too.It is just crap that the NFL PA has to think this way about the whole Madden balls crap.Madden does have a good way in the online franchise,but game play wise it really sucks.Their graphics for Madden is alright for football, it is just the game play is just ugly and so far off.I mean with a team company like Sony for MLB the show series its flawless and competition over 2k sports for baseball and is out of this world for a sports game.It should get MLB 11 the show sports of the year next year if the media didn't have their balls all over Madden.Just my two cents here on Madden and EA.

Yea, I hate the whole monopoly thing EA has going on with Madden. Hell, I was one of the guys who was playing Gameday back in 1998 and I got onto Madden late.

What bothers me is how lazy they are in developing an in depth game, yet spend all the time putting useless trinkets in that you have to buy to give them more money. Who in the **** is gonna spend like 20$ to boost your rookies progression? Really EA? Because it's not like by year 6 your whole team isn't all 90's and A potentials anyway since I know the names of everyone who is good already, but yea, I can't wait to give you guys more money to make it happen in 2 seasons.

You see what NFL Head Coach brought to the table in terms of options and how in depth you can go with options in a franchise mode, you see what the demo of Gamebreaker provides in terms of gameplay/engine and the limits you can take it to, yet EA sits on their ass when it comes to Madden every season because there is no other option for people if you want to play a football game. I love NFL games more then anything so I will buy Madden until I get a choice, but I am still hoping 1 day I'll get the type of NFL game were capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Bored and in sports simulation mode.

I plan on starting two.

NCAA 2011...Really crappy mid major. Spread Offense/3-4 Defense. Makes recruiting so much more fun.

NBA 2K11...Cleveland Cavaliers default roster baby! lol.

Should be fun.

I dont know why, but I almost always follow the same format in NCAA. Take a crap mid-major, turn them around completely. Hopefully into a perennial ranked team and conference championship winner. Then I'll jump ship to either a crappy major conference school or take a much more higher profiled job. Spend a nice tenure there and then make my triumphant return to the school I started with, when my coach is all old and gray, and that school has probably returned to being horrible. Turning around former power houses is always fun too.
I really think both EA game need to have 3-4 positions for defensive linemen and linebackers. Makes recruiting kind of lame when you bring in a 6'4 245 pound defensive end that's an ideal OLB conversion guy and he plays like crap. Same thing with tall defensive tackles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I really think both EA game need to have 3-4 positions for defensive linemen and linebackers. Makes recruiting kind of lame when you bring in a 6'4 245 pound defensive end that's an ideal OLB conversion guy and he plays like crap. Same thing with tall defensive tackles.
The conversions need to be fixed. And they need to make OLBs in a 34 actually rush the passer when simulating. Its always been a problem.

That said...I like the challenge in limiting my recruiting options. It's not always easy to find that 6'6 290 lb DE. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I despise recruiting. I always think I like it...but I don't. It's awesome to build the team to suite your play style...but it's so dumb that it essentially boils down to spamming phone calls. More in depth approach with an emphasis on scouting(as to find diamonds in the rough) but less spamming the same lines every single week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There is one fighting game that is definitely worth the $60, Mortal Kombat.

I might get MvC3 when it drops to $15 used, but I will definitely get Mortal Kombat day one. Deep single player, tons of characters, and 4 people.

Mortal Kombat hasn't been good for a while. The 3D Mortal Kombats sucked. The new one does look badass though. I love that they're going back to 2D and adding two characters to tag between. I need to see more for me to buy it on day one, though the release date isn't until late this year I think.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Random...but a big problem in NBA 2K11 simulation.

1. Shooting Tendency. This stat is everything. Your player could have 80s in all the shooting categories, but if this rating is low...he wont shoot at all. It's such an annoyance. I find myself editing it every now and then. Hell, I edited it frequently in our 2K sim league. Otherwise there would have been major problems with created player scoring.

2. Foul frequency. I dont know what the exact stat is called. But it's a problem. Too many players foul too frequently and dont play the minutes that you have set for them. In turn, killing their numbers in the process. Another one I edit frequently.

In my last association, I edited Hansbrough's because he was fouling out every game. So stupid.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

What's that? Delicious Deus Ex articles scans? Well, ok then.

Hype hype hype hype hype...

The fact they mentioned Perdido Street Station and Ender's Game is awesome as those are my favorite Science Fiction books of all time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another new zombie game to announce. This one's Dead Island. Been in development since like 07, but it's finally about done. Scheduled for release this year.

Dead Island's developers call it a "first-person zombie-slasher/action-RPG." Sports a beautiful tropical open world.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The trailer was amazing. One of the better video game trailer in recent years really.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Island looks fantastic, and that trailer is on par with something you'd see from a movie. I can't wait to see some actual game play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Thing that kills that game right off the bat is how totally and completely played out zombies are in fictional mediums right now. Nothing you can really do with them that's not cheesy or trite. It's really gotten outright out of control over the past couple years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, zombies are insanely played out. I think it looks pretty cool, but zombies are kind of a turn off for me right now. That said, I'd like to see the next Resident Evil go back to its roots, but that's a different kind of game entirely.

I would be a lot more interested in this game, if they had some more imaginative monster, that's for sure. But it is what it is. The trailer is well done, hopefully that is a little window into what they can do with the game's story. But I've seen some fantastic trailers, only to be let down by some lousy stories/story telling. See Prototype. haha.

Oh and as for my simulation games I was playing. I forgot how broken recruiting can be in NCAA 11. 3 star players in the low 60s and high 50s just makes me sick. Recruiting the O-Line can be a big problem. I figured it wasnt even worth playing anymore after a few seasons. I did land a fantastic 3 star Juco ATH/QB, however. He was fun to sim with, your typical Vince Young clone. I also landed a really low ranked 2 star Juco DE, who was being recruited by the likes of USC, Florida, Alabama, and Oklahoma. Turns out this 2 star, had a higher rating than every player I landed, including the 4 stars. Whatever? With the O-Line rating problems, it just got really annoying.

As for the Basketball...had a fun sim season with the Cavs. After all my moves, started year two with George Hill at PG, Wesley Johnson at SG, Earl Clark at SF, J.J. Hickson at PF, and #1 overall beast C. Such an amazing defensive team. Lead the league in blocks and rebounding in consecutive seasons as well. Record improved every year. It was fun while it lasted. Just got bored of it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I stopped playing NCAA 11 way before I intended to because of stuff like that. Not so much to 2 Star stuff, some of that every now and again is cool...but when you sim a few years in and the teams all suck it's sort of not cool.

If I had one wish as to what the sports game community could do, it would be for some kind of recruiting class/roster editor program for NCAA.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hoping for a great open world, sandbox style zombie game for a while. I think we may finally be getting one.

If done correctly, it could be epic.

Edit: Oops, MOTH beat me to it.