Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't feel like zombies have over stayed their welcome. They are awesome in every sense of the word, and as long as were not turning them into some romantic high school love story I'm all for the zombie love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** trailer of the day;

Rage looks awesome. A bit derivative, but all of these games have been ripping off and retooling Carmack's games anyway. Nice to see id stop screwing around and catch up with modern times.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that Dead Island trailer looked AMAZING.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAGE does look amazing...I have it preordered already...I just fear it will be more Borderlands than say, Fallout with great gun play and vehicles. What I mean is, I want a great story here, with a solid conversation aspect. Borderlands really **** the bed in this regard.

As for zombies not over staying their welcome. Completely disagree...they're everywhere. It gets old, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-17-2011 at 10:13 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as the shooting mechanics are good, I'm on board. The world looks interesting and that's always a good foundation to a solid story, so I'm optimistic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless your Borderlands, which had no story whatsoever. Even the amazing visuals and setting, couldnt save it from being tedious, imo. I rank story so highly, because otherwise, in the majority of cases, I just get bored. Draw me in. haha.

As for something else...I really wish I could use real NBA players in my player mode. I have so many man crushes around the league. I want to start one of these with Earl Clark. You can do player lock, but that just isnt as fun at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about story too. Games without a story can be fun...but it's always better with one rather than without. Considering id software's storytelling has always been "Oh, ****! Demons! Go get'em!" it's by no means assured to be good...I'm just optimistic.

I really don't understand why more major studios don't bring on professional writers to at least look things over and make sure it's not a slop fest.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Island looks really cool. I'm a little worried about the developer, because the only really notable game they've done was Call of Juarez. Still, it could be amazing to have an open world zombie game. Dead Space was just that, a space, not a true open world game (at least in the way we've come to expect).
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Just caved to my crushing boredom and bought Bioshock 2. Financially irresponsible purchases yay!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Just caved to my crushing boredom and bought Bioshock 2. Financially irresponsible purchases yay!
Seriously bad decision. I beat that game in like a day and a half not even playing all that much. Plus I hated how I never felt like I was a Big Daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

They should have put a warning on the front that notified me that it's basically fan fiction. Early on, Sofia Lamb is the dumbest villain I've seen in a video game equal...ever. "DERP HEY GUYSZ LETS TAKE ANDREW RYAN AND MAKE THE OPPOSITE DERP HERP DERP". Blaaah. It was only twenty bucks at least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yall are crazy...it may be more Bioshock 1.5 than an amazingly fresh sequel, but I had sooooooooo much fun with that game. It's a great game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The gunplay is much better than the first, I will give it that...but it just feels like fan fiction.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gonna wait for some reviews and get some $, but this looks interesting:
http://brinkthegame.com/

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Island reversed trailer...so intense and sad

Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Holy **** trailer of the day;

Rage looks awesome. A bit derivative, but all of these games have been ripping off and retooling Carmack's games anyway. Nice to see id stop screwing around and catch up with modern times.
what song is that at the start of the trailer?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
gonna wait for some reviews and get some $, but this looks interesting:
http://brinkthegame.com/
Brink does look quite good. Very excited about that one and have the good fortune to have it come out a few days before my birthday. The level of customization and gunplay looks great and the concept is really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
what song is that at the start of the trailer?
"Burning Jacob's Ladder" by Mark Lanegan of former Queens of the Stone Age fame.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all you basketball fans out there, is NBA2k11 worth the investment? Been reading a lot of good stuff, but I'd rather ask someone here who has actually played it and doesn't benefit from selling me the game.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even like basketball and I loved 2K11. It's one of the best sports games in a long while.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
For all you basketball fans out there, is NBA2k11 worth the investment? Been reading a lot of good stuff, but I'd rather ask someone here who has actually played it and doesn't benefit from selling me the game.
Jordan mode alone makes it worth $60. Like Caddy said, it's the best sports game to be released in quite awhile.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA 2K, NHL, and FIFA are always worth getting.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rage and Dead Island both look badass.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/02/cd-proje...2-for-consoles

The Witcher 2 is likely headed to consoles. The first game was overrated a bit by some people(mostly just because of the horrible combat, the rest was good) but the second one looks extremely promising. Very good news.

Visuals are INCREDIBLE and supposedly achievable on consoles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
RAGE does look amazing...I have it preordered already...I just fear it will be more Borderlands than say, Fallout with great gun play and vehicles. What I mean is, I want a great story here, with a solid conversation aspect. Borderlands really **** the bed in this regard.

As for zombies not over staying their welcome. Completely disagree...they're everywhere. It gets old, imo.
I'm usually the exact same way, but for some reason I was OK with Borderlands. I guess, now that I think more on it, playing through by myself was just OK, but once some friends of mine got it as well and we started looting **** together it got really fun.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

In more "it's coming to consoles news, it appears Diablo 3 will be joining The Witcher 2.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...onsoles-is-on/

R.I.P. Junior Seau