Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was super hyped for Oblivion, but I didn't let the fact that it wasn't quite as good I was expecting it to be ruin the game for me. I still think it was a great game in it's own right.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people loved it...I just thought it was insanely boring myself. I seriously stopped playing before the hour mark. And I've tried to watch my friends play it...but it's just boring and ugly. haha. Just not a fan of it. I do however love the Fallout series.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
A lot of people loved it...I just thought it was insanely boring myself. I seriously stopped playing before the hour mark. And I've tried to watch my friends play it...but it's just boring and ugly. haha. Just not a fan of it. I do however love the Fallout series.
That may have been your problem right there. Elder Scrolls games usually do take a couple hours to get in to, but once you do get into it it's hard to stop playing. I was afraid I was gonna hate it after the first hour too, but stuck with it and ended up playing over 100 hours. As for it being ugly, I can see how you can think that a couple years after it came out, but when it was new it was one of the better looking games out, though will admit the character models weren't anything special (they supposedly greatly improved that for Skyrim, and I can already tell it's true by the trailer).
Old 02-24-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found out the guys who did Dark Messiah are doing the animations for Skyrim. Say what you will about that game, but the animations and the combat system were really cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My quarrel with Oblivion is that I played Morrowind first. Oblivion was way too shallow of a story...they went from this alien feeling world in Morrowind to a generic fantasy world in Oblivion. Save for some of the names of places and the races, you almost wouldn't have guessed it was the same game.

And the level scaling...it made the game waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. In Morrowind, there was limited scaling, yes, but I could find epic weapons and armor real early if you knew where to look. And you could be level 1 and stumble across some of the static enemies that don't change...made it possible to get in over your head and actually do this thing called "die" which they made near impossible in Oblivion without doing something stupid.

And the jack of all trades character.....ugh. You could start off as a brutal warrior, find a bow and decide to use it, and suddenly you're a master with that. Or learn a couple of low level spells and suddenly you're a mage....In Morrowind, it was very difficult to use anything that your race and class weren't specialized in. Made it worthwhile to actually play through several times, and made the game feel totally different.

And the NPCs...in Morrowind you could ask around and get a history lesson on the game world. Maybe that doesn't appeal to everyone, but it did to me. It gave depth to the world. In Oblivion, you typically had only a few dialogue options with most NPCs, and they were all just generic responses in an annoying ass voice.

I'm lucky I played both on PC, because I needed a bunch of mods to make Oblivion more interesting. I got tired of needing to shoot things 20 times to kill it, or coming out of battles looking like a damn porcupine with arrows stuck in me, so I got one that increased arrow damage. I got another that let me set down quest items....I can be really OCD with certain things and carrying **** I no longer need will set it off.

Unfortunately, I feel that Skyrim is going to be more Oblivion...but I have to keep a little faith that the company that once created Morrowind might be able to produces another quality game.....maybe.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Many of your complaints have been addressed already for Skyrim:

- It's not a generic medieval fantasy setting. It's a Nordic setting (which is seldom used) with vastly different landscapes throughout, and all the cities are unique.
- They took out level scaling.
- Unfortunately, it's still possible to max out all your skills, but you can't get all the perks, so the jack of all trades will probably still be possible, but not quite to the extent of oblivion.
- Dialogue has been completely overhauled. People will continue to engage in activities while talking to you, and the world continues to move around them, time doesn't freeze. They also got many more voice actors for NPCs. Not sure if they addressed whether the conversations will be deeper, but it's very possible considering all the extra actors.
- Arrows are now much stronger, and can kill in a couple shots, but they are much more scarce and hard to come by. Also, aiming is much harder, and there will even be a "hold your breath" gameplay mechanic.

With all that said, I still think the game will be closer to oblivion than morrowind, simply because it was much more popular and I guess it had more mass appeal, but Bethesda has been reading message boards and checking out mods and they know what we want, and are implementing a lot of it into the game, so I have faith it will be good.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for something else...Anyone picking up Fight Night Champion? Game looks really good. I love the new gritty story mode they added. Now, they still have create a boxer career mode...but they added an actual story mode to the game, which is unrelated to their normal career mode. It's vulgar, sexy, and bloody. Looks good.

Hell yesss! I mentioned this awhile back after playing the demo. The whole fighting engine is brand new, feels much sharper and quicker, the story mode looks simply amazing. I can't wait to pick this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you able to punch with the buttons like before or is it with the sticks like the last one that was awful?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Just found out the guys who did Dark Messiah are doing the animations for Skyrim. Say what you will about that game, but the animations and the combat system were really cool.
Bwhahahaha thats like the worst part of all Bethseda games, I love fallout but the combat isn't very fun, had the same issue with Oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Bwhahahaha thats like the worst part of all Bethseda games, I love fallout but the combat isn't very fun, had the same issue with Oblivion.
Which is why it's so amazing that it's not being done in house ;)

Delicious Deus Ex preview on Joystiq. Really, really excited for that game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-24-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Are you able to punch with the buttons like before or is it with the sticks like the last one that was awful?
Pretty sure you can use either one. I usually use sticks, but I remember messing around and seeing buttons worked also. You can just instantly feel it's a new engine, punches are faster, crisper, feels more natural when your in a combo then a "Rock em sock em robot" feel. Besides them doing all that, they took the story mode to new heights it seems.

Almost to a GTA storyline level with lots of side missions/obstacles to do instead of just boxing*at first glance at least*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Pretty sure you can use either one. I usually use sticks, but I remember messing around and seeing buttons worked also. You can just instantly feel it's a new engine, punches are faster, crisper, feels more natural when your in a combo then a "Rock em sock em robot" feel. Besides them doing all that, they took the story mode to new heights it seems.

Almost to a GTA storyline level with lots of side missions/obstacles to do instead of just boxing*at first glance at least*.
I remember the last Fight Night demo when they took out the buttons and you had to use only the sticks I couldn't throw anything but jabs it was awful.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like using the sticks so much better. It just feels so much more natural, imo. Never really found it difficult to throw all the punches.

Now using the sticks to shoot in NBA games or swing in MLB games. I absolutely hate that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I hate the sticks I cant throw any punches with the sticks and there is no point in playing Fight Night if you can't knock out anyone.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

In my last Fight Night career...all my wins came by knockout. Just practice, it's really not hard. And if all else fails, just throw haymakers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In my last Fight Night career...all my wins came by knockout. Just practice, it's really not hard. And if all else fails, just throw haymakers.
I didn't buy it last year cause of how awful I was at the demo cause I couldn't punch with the sticks if this year I can use the buttons I might buy it.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i won't play the mlb2k games because i hate gesture pitching and swing sticks. i know you can play without, but the circle for pitching just isn't the same before. the last great baseball game was mvp 05. I'm interested in if they improve it this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

MLB The Show is better than anything MVP ever did, but that's a PS3 game. This years edition of 2K looks good, but it might be fools gold yet again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB 11 the show > MLB 2k series every year.Now that the show added Analog its by far the best baseball sim out there.I just wish they had better freaking servers!!The online mode just sucks and is laggy as crap
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Just ordered Fallout 3 for about 20 bucks. Do you guys think the game has aged well, or would I have been better off spending the extra $30 on New Vegas?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Just ordered Fallout 3 for about 20 bucks. Do you guys think the game has aged well, or would I have been better off spending the extra $30 on New Vegas?
Just beat it again a couple months back, it's still fun.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The character models were never really pretty, but there isnt really any age, in comparison. New Vegas' graphics are only slightly better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I kind of want Madden 12 to come out already.I wanna see what kind of play book Harbaugh is gonna run in SF and see what QB he is gonna take.Aug is so far away lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yi is soooooooooooooooooo wet salad in NBA 2k11.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just reading through a Mass Effect 2 guide trying to figure out how to keep everyone alive at the end of the game and I can't believe how insanely lucky I got the first time through. (Only Mordin died.) I didn't read anything about it going in and just happened to pick the right characters for each role.

I figure as long as I make the same choices as last time but have Mordin lead the survivors back to the ship, everyone should make it this time.