Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 would be on my list but I have them for PC, as well as most of my multiplatform games.

1. Gears of War 1/2
2. Super Street Fighter IV
3. Marvel vs Capcom 3
4. Bioshock
5. Kameo

Rare's launch title Kameo makes my list. I haven't played it in a while so nostalgia may be talking, but I enjoyed only a few games on the 360 as much as I did Kameo. Too bad it's not that long.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-08-2011 at 10:23 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'm loving DA2. The new combat is slightly different, but pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I love Varric and Carver. My character is an a-hole mage, of course.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, mind you, I will probably change this list in time as I have many games I have no played or not fully played, but as of right now, my top 5 favorite 360 games are....

5. Halo 3
4. Burnout Revenge
3. Call of Duty 4
2. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1/2
1. Mass Effect 1/2

Aaaaand my top 5 favorite XBox Live arcade games are....

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-shelled
4. Assault Heroes 1/2
3. Pinball FX
2. Magic: The Gathering: Duel of the Plainswalkers
1. Bejeweled 2
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some DA2 thoughts while I'm taking a food break:

(spoilers in case you're like me)

All I got so far.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DA2 has been hard to put down for me. The side quests move at a much quicker pace this time around. I am taking awhile to get to the main quest line because I'm having so much fun doing side quests...which I guess is good?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna play some more DA2 now. I've really enjoyed it so far also.

But as for something else...God does it suck that we have no College Basketball franchise this time of year. I wish 2K could make College Hoops still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Mass Effect 1 and 2 would be on my list but I have them for PC, as well as most of my multiplatform games.

1. Gears of War 1/2
2. Super Street Fighter IV
3. Marvel vs Capcom 3
4. Bioshock
5. Kameo

Rare's launch title Kameo makes my list. I haven't played it in a while so nostalgia may be talking, but I enjoyed only a few games on the 360 as much as I did Kameo. Too bad it's not that long.
Haha, I remember Kameo being a ton of fun too. Again, probably nostalgia. It was the first game I played on the 360 and I couldn't believe the graphics.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm gonna play some more DA2 now. I've really enjoyed it so far also.

But as for something else...God does it suck that we have no College Basketball franchise this time of year. I wish 2K could make College Hoops still.
Does EA still make their abortion of a college basketball game? That thing was awful. I bought March Madness 08, that game was a joke. There are two ways to score in that game. Post ups, and free throws stemming from post-ups. Run into someone who knows how to take charges, game over. I bought College Hoops soon after. That game was great. I loved how you could really feel the momentum. I'd be struggling and then make a 3, get a steal and make another one, and the crowd was going nuts and it was just such a great experience. Damn shame there was no 2k9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Do people still do roster updates for 2k8? I might pick it up.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Does EA still make their abortion of a college basketball game? That thing was awful. I bought March Madness 08, that game was a joke. There are two ways to score in that game. Post ups, and free throws stemming from post-ups. Run into someone who knows how to take charges, game over. I bought College Hoops soon after. That game was great. I loved how you could really feel the momentum. I'd be struggling and then make a 3, get a steal and make another one, and the crowd was going nuts and it was just such a great experience. Damn shame there was no 2k9.
Nope. They stopped making that awful game. Horrible sales and horrible reviews. No college basketball games available at all. I bought the one with Kevin Love on the cover and absolutely hated it. EA cannot make a basketball game. They have their strengths...basketball is not one of them.

As far as 2K8 roster updates...I'm not sure if it's still being updated. I wouldnt doubt it, as long as that roster share hasnt been shut down. My boredom and itch to play college basketball...may get me playing again, regardless. Even though I still liked 2K7 better than 2K8.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

2k8 is $6 if you can find a Gamestop that has it.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Some DA2 thoughts while I'm taking a food break:

(spoilers in case you're like me)

All I got so far.
As far as personality is concerned, I def. prefer the characters from the first game for sure. But the graphics? As much as I love Origins...that game was pretty damn ugly by current gen standards. The graphics, the environments, especially...have seen a very nice upgrade. Better than I thought they'd be.

That said, without spoiling too much...When I ran into Bodahn and Sandal again...I was pretty damn surprised at how different they looked. And well, how creepy Sandal looked in general. I find the art direction to be just fine...it still resembles Origins. But the redesign of old characters can be a little jarring.

edit...Also I havent done a whole lot of laughing in DA2 yet...But I did have a big laugh when Bodahn was trying to talk to Sandal, and he was just staring into space scratching his ass. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-09-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As far as personality is concerned, I def. prefer the characters from the first game for sure. But the graphics? As much as I love Origins...that game was pretty damn ugly by current gen standards. The graphics, the environments, especially...have seen a very nice upgrade. Better than I thought they'd be.

That said, without spoiling too much...When I ran into Bodahn and Sandal again...I was pretty damn surprised at how different they looked. And well, how creepy Sandal looked in general. I find the art direction to be just fine...it still resembles Origins. But the redesign of old characters can be a little jarring.

edit...Also I havent done a whole lot of laughing in DA2 yet...But I did have a big laugh when Bodahn was trying to talk to Sandal, and he was just staring into space scratching his ass. lol.
The characters is more what I meant...I preferred their models their first time through.

The rest of the game, meh, I can give or take. I'm not huge into graphics as long as they aren't so bad they're prohibitive of the gameplay. I started to get more used to them as I played, but I definitely preferred all the character models in Origins. I think bad guys blend into the scenery a little too much and I don't much care for the darkspawn redesigns.

Also....the text of the game is so damn small. I'm playing on my flatscreen like 6 feet away and I have to squint to read a lot of the stuff. I don't even know what I'm fighting part of the time until I walk right up to its corpse and read it. "Oh! It said "Raider"....that's what that humanoid wearing black was..."

Minor issues, I know.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I can't imagine playing DA on a console... That just seems like it'd be frustrating as all get-out. I'm loving DA2, though. I think Varric is better than any of the companions from DAO, as a character. In fact, I think I'd only put Flemeth over him as far as great characters in the series go.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent really connected with any of the new characters at all yet. I also dont like how you cant talk to them in the field anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I havent really connected with any of the new characters at all yet. I also dont like how you cant talk to them in the field anymore.
It got annoying in Origins when you'd be trying to loot corpses or something and accidentally talk to someone.....I like how in Awakening they fixed that so you can only talk to them back at your base, and now they're doing that in 2. That's how Mass Effect is as well, so it doesn't really bother me.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Oh, you went rogue/warrior... If you go mage, Carver lives. He's a great character.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It got annoying in Origins when you'd be trying to loot corpses or something and accidentally talk to someone.....I like how in Awakening they fixed that so you can only talk to them back at your base, and now they're doing that in 2. That's how Mass Effect is as well, so it doesn't really bother me.
Yeah that did get annoying, but I totally disagree. There were a lot more conversation options. I feel like I dont even know these people I'm questing with.

And Aveline is totally a dude, with a jaw that could cut diamonds.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah that did get annoying, but I totally disagree. There were a lot more conversation options. I feel like I dont even know these people I'm questing with.

They still make comments when you enter certain areas and converse with eachother for unique banter, it's not like they're totally silent. And when you need to talk to them about important quest type stuff, it makes sense to do that in your "base" and not in the middle of a dungeon.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The conversation was much deeper in the previous game regardless...with the party camps and such. I liked that I could really delve into who these people were right away. Opposed to traveling with a bunch of strangers who don't reveal anything about themselves unless it's in a certain location.

And even at their little base...the conversations are still rather short, in comparison.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else ever try and play Lost Odyssey? I bought it when it came out and just couldn't get into it. It had enough similarities to the FF series that I could get into it, but it was just so god damned boring. Nothing happened. Never finished it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You guys use Hayder's Razor at all? Freaking awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I hate that ******* ginger. She has no place in my party. I don't care that she's the only viable NPC tank. **** her.

I agree that, so far, the conversations aren't nearly as deep so far, but I like the story and the few characters I have gotten to know, I've really liked. Again, aside from that soulless ginger amazon. Hate that ho.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. I just think it's funny that two of my male squad members are trying to jump my bones already. I'm like...whoa dudes, not interested. And then they get really pissed off. HA

edit...Also, have any off you actually gotten to the expedition yet? I'm still racking up all the side quests.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-09-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC