Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In character creation, the main character looked much older than he's looked in the game so far.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Going to have to work Fenris into my party because he's voiced by the same guy who did Balthier in FF12.

If this master of his we have to go find has the same voice as Bagamnon, I'm going to have to call this the greatest game ever....(unlikely.)
I have yet to use him in my party. He did hit on me, though. :/ I just picked up another party member when I was playing before. It seriously looks like I have like maybe two characters left to collect already. I'm not sure, though.

I did crack a smile when Flemeth dropped Morrigan's name. But then she turned into a dragon and flew away. lol.

As for my opinion on this game...It def. seems like I'm being really hard on it in here. But I do like it. But in a lot of ways I do see it as a step back in a lot of areas. I'm still a long way off from formulating a final opinion, however. It's in no way as good as I was hoping it would be, but I enjoy it for what it is. My opinion on it is bound to morph over time...Because I'm bound to play it several times over, like I did with Origins. But the immediate love I had of Origins just isnt there right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont think it's really that big. Bioware disguises things to make it look big. But their levels are still very linear and rather small when you really explore them a bunch of times. Same as Origins. Hell, a lot of doors arent even accessible. Throughout completing all these side quests, you jump around a lot and re-visit these places over and over, and I really dont think the area is big enough for that kind of thing. There is no way that you should spend 10+ hours there, before leaving. It gets a little tedious...I just hope to be blown away by the other environments.
LOL. I just finished the last side quest before I have to go do the deep roads quest. Took awhile, but my party rips through mobs like paper. The mages in this game are still super strong.

I love my party of Carver, Varric, and Anders with my mage.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been using...Varric, Anders, and Isabela.

Anders is a beast.
Varric never seems to die, so that's a plus.
And Isabela always dies, but I want to keep her around and get her in my bed. HA.

My warrior is a machine...wearing the Blood Dragon armor and using that Razor I talked about earlier. They probably shouldnt give you a 5 star weapon right out of the gates and one of the best armors, but whatever...I'm not really complaining.

The game is much easier than Origins, imo. Going through a lot less health potions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't use Fenris since I go two handed all day. I'm also stuck :/ I don't think I've been legitimately stuck in a video game for like three years, but I'm at a boss I just can't beat right now in the Deep Roads due to poor planning party wise...but in my defense the game magically got a lot harder.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I can't use Fenris since I go two handed all day. I'm also stuck :/ I don't think I've been legitimately stuck in a video game for like three years, but I'm at a boss I just can't beat right now in the Deep Roads due to poor planning party wise...but in my defense the game magically got a lot harder.
If I had a nickel for every time that happened to me in a game.....

....I'd have like 3 nickels from the PS1 generation of Final Fantasy games, lol
Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If I had a nickel for every time that happened to me in a game.....

....I'd have like 3 nickels from the PS1 generation of Final Fantasy games, lol
Ever play the first Dead Rising game?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That game was incredibly frustrating. I own it but never play it. I actually hate the gameplay and cannot stand all those timed missions. It just isnt fun to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The timed missions were a ******* drag. I really don't know what they were thinking keeping a constant timer going in the second one either. I wanted to run around and explore, and never really could because of that ******* timer. Even on survival mode when your supposed to have unlimited time to just roam around, your life is on a timer. So annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I've been using...Varric, Anders, and Isabela.

Anders is a beast.
Varric never seems to die, so that's a plus.
And Isabela always dies, but I want to keep her around and get her in my bed. HA.

My warrior is a machine...wearing the Blood Dragon armor and using that Razor I talked about earlier. They probably shouldnt give you a 5 star weapon right out of the gates and one of the best armors, but whatever...I'm not really complaining.

The game is much easier than Origins, imo. Going through a lot less health potions.
Yeah, I didn't get any fun stuff out of the gates as a mage. I saw the blood dragon armor and was just pissed I couldn't put it on Carver. Definitely doing a warrior next time around... But my mage just melts everything so easily...

The game is much easier than Origins early on. Origins is tough in the beginning with no healer and limited potions. It seems like there's an unlimited supply of potions in DA2, and you get Anders fairly early.

I am weary of a sharp turn in difficulty soon, though.

From everything I've heard, Isabella is pretty useless because she dies so easily. I might try running 4 rogues in my 3rd playthrough just for laughs (3 mages is epic beast mode, btw - but I like Varric too much to do it).
Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm pretty positive that I'm currently on my last little Kirkwall quest before the Expedition is the only one left.

What do you think of the story so far? Honestly, as it stands right now...some 13 hours in. There is no real story. There is no real threat and I have no idea why I have such a huge party or why they're even following me around...save like my sister and Varric for the Deep Roads profits. We're not fighting any big foe or anything. I dont really understand the direction of this game really. lol.

Sure it's cliche, but having to save the world is a much better story than whatever this is. I know the story is supposed to be about how Hawke became champion and Kirkwall's changes and such...but you can accomplish the same feat in having us have to take on an army of something or other. Seems like all I'm doing is odd side quests and there is no big story arc being created. The structure is incredibly weird.

edit...yup finished that last quest. So I'm finally ready to go on that expedition. Took me 13 hours to complete all the other available Kirkwall quests...I'm a level 10 and have 75 Sovereigns.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing a ton and am behind you in gametime. I think I'm at level 9. I know what you mean about the story. I feel like the first game was the historical equivalent of WWII and punching Hitler in the face. This game so far feels like instead of going to war....I went to Canada to flog baby seals for a profit. Its an awesome game and I love it, but it does suffer a bit right now from feeling like a 'lesser hero'. Then again....I am not finished with this game and I could have had similar feelings during Mass Effect 2 until the ending.

I also haven't really unlocked anyone that I would have sex with more than once. Merrill is a 6 or 7, Isabela is good but I can nab a girl like her in real life, and the one that I would rather do in the game is my sister. I keep having to pay 2 sovereigns at the wh*** house, when I could just have a better option like a Morrigan or Leliana from the first game. At this rate I will never have 30 sovereigns....

The gameplay is really easier this time around. Combat seems easier and quicker. The general setup and moving from point to point is also easier. If I want to find someone's idiot son who ran away, it only takes one minute to teleport to a place relatively close to him.

I have faith that I will soon be overrun with awesomeness and extremely tough enemies soon, but for now I'm just beating baby seals in this game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using Fenris feels like cheating. I shoot things with my bow, Merril blasts things with magic and Anders keeps everyone alive while doing some damage too...while Fenris just teleports around the battlefield cleaving **** into pieces.

Given, I haven't gotten into a protracted, drag-out fight with a tough boss with this current team...so I might have some issues keeping everyone alive then since it isn't exactly built for defense.

But holy **** can I pile on the damage.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I'm pretty positive that I'm currently on my last little Kirkwall quest before the Expedition is the only one left.

What do you think of the story so far? Honestly, as it stands right now...some 13 hours in. There is no real story. There is no real threat and I have no idea why I have such a huge party or why they're even following me around...save like my sister and Varric for the Deep Roads profits. We're not fighting any big foe or anything. I dont really understand the direction of this game really. lol.

Sure it's cliche, but having to save the world is a much better story than whatever this is. I know the story is supposed to be about how Hawke became champion and Kirkwall's changes and such...but you can accomplish the same feat in having us have to take on an army of something or other. Seems like all I'm doing is odd side quests and there is no big story arc being created. The structure is incredibly weird.

edit...yup finished that last quest. So I'm finally ready to go on that expedition. Took me 13 hours to complete all the other available Kirkwall quests...I'm a level 10 and have 75 Sovereigns.
I like the change. Saving the world again would have been silly. Hawke's situations certainly aren't nearly as epic as the Warden's, but I like the characters so far. The story doesn't really start to develop until you go into the Deep Roads, from my understanding. Everything you do in Kirkwall in Act I is just learning the backgrounds of the city and the characters.

I do agree that it seems like the only characters that have any good reason to follow Hawke are his sibling, Varric, Merrill, and maybe Anders. Merrill is kind of the same situation as Morrigan except she's innocent rather than cynical. Avalene (sp?) is only there because she's bored, it seems (I don't use her).

It's just a completely different situation than what the Warden dealt with. People joined the Warden because there wasn't much other choice (and because, you know, he was a Warden). Hawke's party grows a bit too fast, but I'm not going to hate on having options.

But the gameplay is fun, and I'm fairly addicted to the game...so that's good. I can't wait to see how things shake out in the Deep Roads and beyond. Hopefully things start to come together. I'm sure we'll see Hawke find his purpose soon. Right now, he's just about helping Mother get the family back where it belongs and making money. The Deep Roads should change everything.

Last edited by nepg : 03-10-2011 at 03:42 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well the whole reason you have a party in the first game is because there is an enormous threat in the blight. Masses are needed and it effects everyone.

What the heck are these people following me for right now? I'm a nobody who is looking to strike it rich in the Deep Roads. And the majority of my crew doesnt even know that. With some, there has been no conversation of the such. They just decided they'd follow me for no reason. It makes no sense.

And I still dont know these people all that well, it seems. Everyone seems to really like Varric out there...but in 13 hours, I've literally had like only one, one on one conversation with him. The way this is structured is really sub par. The character development has been very poor. I cant even talk to my companions unless I'm in a certain destination, and you have to be prompted to even do so.

This change in story structure has been a huge let down, because it's not really making any sense and it's really lacking in any kind of thrill. I still enjoy the gameplay and what not...but I keep waiting for something to happen. I'm still enjoying myself, but this feels like some kind of long, frequently boring DLC, with a meh story, more so than a new game. The story has been incredibly weak so far. I've also heard it picks up after the Deep Roads...but Act I seems overly long and way too Kirkwall heavy. And speaking of...G4's Adam Sessler said 80%-85% of the game takes place in Kirkwall. I said it before, but that is just a really odd choice. Why would you close the player in like that in an RPG? Especially after the first game, where you traveled to a bunch of different exotic locations. You go from the epic type storyline in the 1st game. Having to travel near and far to reunite the nation, en route to saving the world from the evils of the Blight and defeat the Archdemeon. To the apparent story of the second game, which consists of you trying to make a **** load of money in Kirkwall to better your situation. You have nothing really threatening you and nothing to lose. I'm sorry...but without some sort of central antagonist or threat, the game just comes off as kind of dull a lot of the time.

I still find it funny that I'm hating so much...cause I do like it, but I certainly dont love it. I dont think it really deserves the 83 it got on Metacritic, and I'll agree with a lot of those reviews in saying that it feels like a step back and doesnt measure up to Origins.

I'm just hoping for a major plot occurrence soon, because by now...there should have been some kind of larger story arc developing and it hasnt. It's just sloppy story telling. Maybe it's because I've opted to do all the side quests...prolonging my initial time in Kirkwall, opposed to entering the next part of the game, right when I had the money. I dont know. But I'll soon find out. Its been a let down...but something I'm still very interested to play out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It definitely picks up a bit after the Deep Roads. Just got that far myself.

Also, remember how earlier I was saying I was worried about any protracted battles with my current team? Yeah.....the Deep Roads showed me that i need more of a defensive presence on my team...Gotta get that figured out...
Old 03-10-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It definitely picks up a bit after the Deep Roads. Just got that far myself.

Also, remember how earlier I was saying I was worried about any protracted battles with my current team? Yeah.....the Deep Roads showed me that i need more of a defensive presence on my team...Gotta get that figured out...
Well now you're just scaring me. lol. I've just been straight tanking it out up until now. I'm about to start the Deep Roads now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Like I said, I like the change of pace they went with from the ultimate "save the world" story in the first one to a more intimate story of the protagonist and his family trying to rebuild their lives in a city full of refugees. Is it a step back from Origins? Yup, it sure is...obviously it is...it'd be ridiculous to go through another epic story like that in the same game world (which starts concurrently with the original game). I think our ultimate feelings on DA2, as a story, will end up being determined by how they handle DA3. Obviously, that's not what the consumer of DA2 wants, but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.

And like I said, I love Varric and a couple other characters are growing on me, the gameplay is great, and I do like the story so far (even though it could be told better). Pre-Deep Roads is a lot of time invested...in DA:O most of it would have been exploring and talking to companions, in DA2 most of it is straight up fighting. I'm happy enough with it...I mean, I look at it like this: I'm glad DA2 is different than DA:O. Playing the same exact game again often results in frustration, boredom, and resentment towards the developer.

I'm not sure what your party composition is or how often you've used Varric to help talk your way out of a situation, but he talks a lot when just walking around, has made some epicly hilarious commentary, and I just love the character's demeanor. He won me over in the beginning when he first started narrating the first part of the game.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to replay Dragon Age: Origins right now then buy DA2 used for like $40 in a couple weeks. I'm also still working on ME2 Insanity, about 3/4 done right now.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Like I said, I like the change of pace they went with from the ultimate "save the world" story in the first one to a more intimate story of the protagonist and his family trying to rebuild their lives in a city full of refugees. Is it a step back from Origins? Yup, it sure is...obviously it is...it'd be ridiculous to go through another epic story like that in the same game world (which starts concurrently with the original game). I think our ultimate feelings on DA2, as a story, will end up being determined by how they handle DA3. Obviously, that's not what the consumer of DA2 wants, but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.

And like I said, I love Varric and a couple other characters are growing on me, the gameplay is great, and I do like the story so far (even though it could be told better). Pre-Deep Roads is a lot of time invested...in DA:O most of it would have been exploring and talking to companions, in DA2 most of it is straight up fighting. I'm happy enough with it...I mean, I look at it like this: I'm glad DA2 is different than DA:O. Playing the same exact game again often results in frustration, boredom, and resentment towards the developer.

I'm not sure what your party composition is or how often you've used Varric to help talk your way out of a situation, but he talks a lot when just walking around, has made some epicly hilarious commentary, and I just love the character's demeanor. He won me over in the beginning when he first started narrating the first part of the game.
I've had Varric with me the entire time. Your companions are surprisingly mute in comparison to Origins. The fact that you cant just talk to them is a major problem and downgrade. You have to be prompted to talk to them at their "base", you have to be prompted to let them intervene in a conversation, instead of them just chiming in on their own as much. They still interact with each other while you travel, so I have no problem there. But in the end it's still a step back, considering the other things I mentioned. I still dont know who Varric is. I def. liked Origins better in this regard, because I could just you know...walk up and ask about my companions life at any time. Really get to know the person I'm traveling with. I havent even had a sit down with Isabela yet that didnt involve some side quest involving poisons. When you first meet her, she tells you she has room at the Hang Man and to come on over and what not. But you cant actually talk to her at all, unless the game allows you. And the game hasnt allowed me to do so in a very long time.

A lot of my problems with the game could just be its poor pacing. I could be jumping the gun a bit. But there has certainly been pacing issues to this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple hours into probably my 5th or 6th playthrough of Dragon Age. Forgot how much I loved this game. I'm surprised critics didn't like this game that much. What are the real negatives to it, other than the graphics, which I think is really an overrated aspect of many games.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24 hours in. I can't stop playing for some reason because I keep convincing myself it's going to stop being Side Quest; the Game. Hasn't though :/ It's actually sort of weird. I keep playing thinking that the massive reward story wise is coming soon and it just never delivers. I'm still running around collecting object A for lazy dickwad B the vast majority of the time and just sort of chilling in Kirkwall. Things happen, but I really don't have anything to do with them or seem to really have any option to give a ****.

In short; it's really, really boring and unrewarding. Keeps you salivating just enough to play onward though.

Also;
Stay classy Bioware and EA. You're supposed to be the good guys.

A lot of people playing this game don't really like it and while some of them are acting childish, some of the things coming out of the Bioware forums from official people connected to Dragon Age is borderline ridiculous and just as bad if not worse.

I REAAAAAALLLLY hope none of this touches Mass Effect 3.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-10-2011 at 11:14 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I thought the Deep Roads was pretty cool. Couple nice bosses in there. The fights since have amped up in difficulty level, too. Or maybe that's just because I'm using Fenris instead of Carver (which seems to be a solid downgrade even though Fenris is pretty cool).

Isabella's been showing up randomly on her own in various spots. She was at my house when I stopped in to save and exit the game recently and I totally boned her. Probably all she's good for...

While I agree that some of the development has been slow/non-existant, I still really like the game. It's fun and I do like the story (even though it's not close to DA:O so far).
Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

24? Fuuuuuuuuuu......dammit.

I'm at about 14 and was hoping i was really close to a major advancement of the story. The initial Deep Roads trip wet my wistle....but it died back down to a game of Sidequests in Kirkwall again.....sigh.

Must....keep....trucking....along....gotta get somewhere eventually? Right??
Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Mostly you just stay in Kirkwall, but **** picks up in Kirkwall eventually, from what I gather... I've avoided major spoilers, though.