Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Anyone actually beat that High Dragon? Pretty damn cheap boss. Its health barely depletes at all and then it has like a thousand dragon babies. I even turned it on casual for this battle and still got destroyed. Seems like something I may have to complete with a mage in another play through, because my warrior cant do **** to it.
That was a great fight. Beat it on the first try, but it's definitely the toughest fight in the game... I kept up with my companion equipment fairly well and I was level 19 when I fought it (I was 18.5 coming out of Act II and finished the game at 21). Nice sense of accomplishment for winning, and the Champion armor didn't hurt as a reward.

There are a couple nice fights doing the scrolls quests, too. The 2nd Scroll quest was one of the toughest fights in the game.

I'm playing through DAO/A now... There is a huge difference in depth and sense of accomplishment, but that just shows exactly how great DAO is because I really liked DA2 and will play through it at least a few more times.

Last edited by nepg : 03-17-2011 at 08:42 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have an issue with the shield glitch where your armor keeps going up and up? I picked the game up yesterday and was basically planning to do nothing but play DA2 for the next few days and this made it basically unplayable. :|

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Anyone have an issue with the shield glitch where your armor keeps going up and up? I picked the game up yesterday and was basically planning to do nothing but play DA2 for the next few days and this made it basically unplayable. :|
Nope, all I had was a glitch where some of the shop keepers turned into floating heads.....their bodies disappeared. It was weird but playable. I did have the game freeze twice on my 360 elite with it already installed on my hard drive. Luckily it saves pretty much every 5 mins.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite quote from that slutty Isabela.

Aveline: "It's nice, I almost forgot what it was like..."

Isabela: "Being flipped ass over tits and being hammered like a bent nail?"

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

* Isabela: How's marriage been treating you, big girl?
* Aveline: It's been good. No, great. I'd forgotten what it was like to-
* Isabela: Be flipped ass-over-tits and hammered like a bent nail?
* Aveline: To. Be. Loved.
* Isabela: Oh. Right. Of course.
* Aveline: Not that I'm complaining about the other thing.

-Isabela: So, how good is Donnic? Is he cocksure?
-Aveline: (Sighs) Just... get it out of your system.
-Isabela: Did he curl your toes?
-Isabela: Pudding your peach?
-Isabela: Dampen your Divine?
-Isabela: Kaddis your Kate?
-Isabela: Praise your Maker?
-Isabela: Explore your Deep Roads?
-Isabela: Gray your Warden?
-Isabela: How about "satisfy a demand of your Qun."
-Aveline: Yes, all right? He is an incredibly proficient lover. Happy?
-Isabela: Whoa! Thats a little personal.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just beat the game. 36 hours and 30ish minutes, finished a level 23 warrior. Did every side quest except for the glitched one and one of the qunari swords, I imagine. I couldnt find the last sword, so I looked it up and yeah, it's in a really hard to open chest, and i couldnt even open standard chests.

I actually enjoyed the last boss battle, one of the only real "epic" moments...didnt really care for the ending, however. Pretty abrupt end to the whole thing.

The game gets better as you play. It takes a loooong time for the ball to get rolling, though. It certainly had its shortcomings. I dont really need to repeat them, because I've already done so several times in here. I enjoyed it, it's just not nearly as good, or as well done as Origins.

This is the Hawke I created...young version and old. I just used the young version the whole time. I was planning on using the older looking version later on, but never really got around to it. All I did was change his skin complexion, hair, and added a beard. Made a big difference.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't have wanted to see the Warden from the first game personally. Hearing about him was cool enough. Because it would have been a different character for everyone, unless they somehow loaded YOUR warden from a save file...then that'd be pretty awesome.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I wouldn't have wanted to see the Warden from the first game personally. Hearing about him was cool enough. Because it would have been a different character for everyone, unless they somehow loaded YOUR warden from a save file...then that'd be pretty awesome.
That's what I meant. They could have easily loaded up his/her appearance and made you have a silent run in with him/her. That would have been amazing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I meant. They could have easily loaded up his/her appearance and made you have a silent run in with him/her. That would have been amazing.
Maybe he could have been with the Wardens in the city during the Qunari attack or something...

Even then though, they would have had to transcribe the Warden's likeness to the new character graphics, and make his class match and such.....more trouble than it was worth probably.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Maybe he could have been with the Wardens in the city during the Qunari attack or something...

Even then though, they would have had to transcribe the Warden's likeness to the new character graphics, and make his class match and such.....more trouble than it was worth probably.
Meh. ME2 did it seamlessly. DA2 def. cut a lot of corners so, I shouldnt have expected it at all. When I heard whispers of an epic ending, I thought we'd see our Warden. Turns out the ending wasnt epic at all and no Warden appearance. :(

Oh and as for cameos...I'm glad mine actually worked. A lot of player's had theirs messed up pretty bad. Some people showing up that were supposed to be dead and references to your Warden, despite him/her possibly being killed in Origins, and several other problems. Mine worked fine, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, but ME2 was designed so that you could bring in your Shepard from ME. I'm sure that can be a complicated process, so doing it for DA just for a brief cameo probably wasn't worth it.

Also, the ending was epic compared to the rest of the game. In the overall universe of video games, it was not epic. But it was better than the rest of the game.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm sure it's not that difficult at all. But really, I wouldnt know...but I doubt it. As far as impact, it certainly would have been well worth it, assuming you still had a Warden to transfer into the game.

As for the ending...it was an abrupt cliffhanger, I dont see what people really like about it, other than seeing another Origins character. I didnt expect the game to end so soon after that last battle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That's false. I romanced Merrill and she stuck with me. I think it's built into the story that everyone eventually leaves you but your romance partner. I think it's that way so Varric can say he doesn't know where you are and explains how he was caught.

Also, I liked the "ending" not the actual close of the game. The final battle is pretty decent and the way the "story" comes to a close with the mages vs. Templars is solid. I'm not sure what to call that other than the "ending",,,maybe the conclusion?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
That's false. I romanced Merrill and she stuck with me. I think it's built into the story that everyone eventually leaves you but your romance partner. I think it's that way so Varric can say he doesn't know where you are and explains how he was caught.

Also, I liked the "ending" not the actual close of the game. The final battle is pretty decent and the way the "story" comes to a close with the mages vs. Templars is solid. I'm not sure what to call that other than the "ending",,,maybe the conclusion?
It's not false...it has happened for a lot of people. I should have clarified more, however. It's an issue with sleeping with Isabela earlier in the game. It's a glitch that Bioware has already made note of.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/6597828

If you consider that the ending...then yeah it was fine...but the final "conclusion" is a big ole let down. There are certainly problems leading up to this final confrontation, however. There should have been a stronger focus throughout the game if that's where you were going to conclude it. Things never really came to a foot until really late in the game. Without a real central story arc, things can get messy. I never felt that this Mage vs. Templar ordeal was really some primary story line throughout the game. It was just weak and poorly executed in this regard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-17-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's not false...it has happened for a lot of people. I should have clarified more, however. It's an issue with sleeping with Isabela earlier in the game. It's a glitch that Bioware has already made note of.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/6597828
I never slept with Isabella...in fact I sided with the Qunari over her and told her to return the relic....never saw her again after that.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never slept with Isabella...in fact I sided with the Qunari over her and told her to return the relic....never saw her again after that.
Me too. Not that I cared. Hated her.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Me too. Not that I cared. Hated her.
That and I typically like the Qunari. The kind of remind me of Native Americans a little bit....and they have honor and respect and such. Not a big fan of their zealotry though.

Much cooler than a slutty pirate at any rate.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Isabela's romance is probably the most rewarding for a guy Hawke. Seeing her change and such...coming back for you and really opening up. (no pun intended) If there is a canon romance...it's her. Just like Ashley, Miranda, and Morrigan. It works out fairly well in the end. I could have done for another scene addition, however...to really conclude things better...instead of a few cheap lines from Varric.

I hated Merril, myself...she was naive and bat **** crazy. Albeit cute at times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I found myself drawn to Merrill I think because she was naive/cute and bat **** crazy. I think you could use "naive" and "cute" to describe all the real life girlfriends I've had....probably why I liked her more than most.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That and I typically like the Qunari. The kind of remind me of Native Americans a little bit....and they have honor and respect and such. Not a big fan of their zealotry though.

Much cooler than a slutty pirate at any rate.
Yeah, very much this.

Was anyone else disappointed that you couldn't get the Saarebas in your party? I sure as hell was.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I found myself drawn to Merrill I think because she was naive/cute and bat **** crazy. I think you could use "naive" and "cute" to describe all the real life girlfriends I've had....probably why I liked her more than most.
What about the bat **** crazy and experimenting with blood magic part? lol. I hated her...and hated her more when she turned on me in the Fade for more power.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Doesn't everyone turn on you in the Fade? Because I romanced her and had maximum friendship at that point and she still did. As did Aveline, who I also maxed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, very much this.

Was anyone else disappointed that you couldn't get the Saarebas in your party? I sure as hell was.
I was...would have liked a Qunari. Though I would have preferred a warrior since Fenris got rivalry points from every ******* thing I did and I didn't really want to use ginger *****....

Quote:
What about the bat **** crazy and experimenting with blood magic part? lol. I hated her...and hated her more when she turned on me in the Fade for more power.
...you could say they were all bat **** crazy too, lol. But hell, most people I know would probably tell you that I'm bat **** crazy. They're just on my level, lol
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Doesn't everyone turn on you in the Fade? Because I romanced her and had maximum friendship at that point and she still did. As did Aveline, who I also maxed.
Yeah, everyone does except Anders since he's already possessed.....even Varric who is telling the ******* story. How can he die in the fade? BS!

I eventually did that part with just myself and Anders.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Varric didnt turn on me. I never really got an option for him to do so. But Isabela did for a ship. But I got this insanely creepy vibe from that elf. She was pretty corrupt, despite saying some cute things.

Sucks that her last quest was bugged, however. I wanted to see what she would say after that final Dalish camp confrontation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS