Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always just hit "Take All." Even if it's worth one brass piece. I rarely ever fill my inventory before I have a chance to sell it all, and when I do, I just trash the least valuable stuff.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's not even worth it to pick up junk either.
I'm a horder and I pick up EVERYTHING. No matter what. You never know what might be useful later!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Bioware forums highlights

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't wait till they take the same attitude with ME3. i'm always looking to buy fewer video games.
I'm not looking to buy fewer games ever, but that would really really suck.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's the one I just won't be able to wait for. Bioware has lost infallible status for me for sure though. Dragon Age 2 REAKED of EA ********. I actually thought they had been doing pretty good work lately with Dead Space, the Battlefield games, and Mass Effect 2(which wasn't fully deved under their watchful eyes, so I guess that doesn't count).

I suppose I should have saw it coming. They said all the wrong things in interviews and the one location thing should have been a huge red flag...they weren't really that anxious to put that one out there though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not looking to buy fewer games ever, but that would really really suck.
I am.

Looking at my pile of 360 games, not counting arcade games, I have 34. To me, that's more than enough. The only one I have any interest in buying going forward is Mass Effect 3.

And possibly DJ Hero 2 (when it's cheap enough) and Gears of War 3 (if significant improvements are made to horde mode).
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Crysis 2 singleplayer footage. Just some basic sequences, nothing major. Looks good though, like that they kept the on the fly weapon modification and the general feel of the first game by the looks of it.

Oh, and delicious Dark Souls article

Follow up to 2009's excellent Demon Souls, which was easily one of the best games of this console generation for me. Last one was PS3 exclusive, this one is coming to the Xbox as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-19-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
There's a new article about ESV out. (I know it's PC Gamer, but I'm pretty sure this info applies to consoles as well). Some pretty cool info.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/18/el...kyrim-preview/
Looks incredible. Can't wait.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Previously posted Deus Ex gameplay video youtubed for convenience;

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-19-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ the goal of the development of Dark Souls being to make the hardest game possible. ****, Demon Souls was a ************... One of the most frustrating games ever. VERY Old School in that the reward for doing something in the game is...doing it...because it's so ******* hard.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I loved the challenge/reward of Demon Soul's, but I didn't think it was "hard" per-say. So long as you grind for souls and prevent yourself from getting hit, it's not that hard. You defiantly have to learn the mechanics of the game more than others, but once you do it's not this impossible task some claim. Don't get me wrong; the difficulty curve is literally perfect, but we're not talking about some impossible game so long as you play it right and don't shy away from a challenge.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's like the old 8- and 16-bit games that weren't on constant easy mode. You have to figure **** out and you WILL die, and it IS frustrating at times.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I never got frustrating. Anytime I died it was 100% my fault for not noticing something. It is a throwback for sure though and a breath of fresh air in todays constant race to make games more accessible. If I were a game dev, I would be studying Demon's Souls religiously on difficulty/reward.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The reward is the difficulty. Sure, in a lot of games, I like getting a CGI vid or story advancement as a reward, but sometimes if you just make it ******* hard to do, the reward is just doing it and being able to say you did it without being a filthy a-hole liar.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

EA makes me sad :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, they certainly went green.......

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The majority of publishers are likely going to follow suite now that two major companies are doing it. RIP Instruction Booklets.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

What's an instruction booklet? Is that one of those things women use?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Reading the instruction booklet on the way home from the game store was a major part of my childhood :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Anyone plays Battlefield on here, i just started playing it again and just notice how much better it is compared to Black ops online.

LA Noire and Skyrim are the next games i'm planning on getting for sure, and probably before skyrim comes out.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reading the instruction booklet on the way home from the game store was a major part of my childhood :/
Must spread rep around before giving it to EE. Getting back to the car to rip open a game box and get into the instructions made the car ride back home bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Anyone plays Battlefield on here, i just started playing it again and just notice how much better it is compared to Black ops online.
I love Battlefield. I've played it to death, but it's a much more enjoyable ride than COD. I like that it actually takes realism into consideration. You don't get 14 year olds challenging you to 1v1 quicksope only! game or any of that crap. The Vietnam add-on is excellent as well and something to look in for sure if you like the base game. The maps are structured differently and lead to more close up engagements, which is both good and bad, but mostly good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played through Origins again and beat it last night....played most of the DLC for the first time as well. Such a superior game to the 2nd...I get sucked into the story so much more easily.

I also unbalanced the game horribly by discovering "Paralyze" and "Mass Paralyze." I almost felt bad using them because they made the game unfairly easy, lol.

Started playing Awakening with my imported character and since I was several levels higher than the normal character, I got to customize Anders quite a bit upon getting him and initially leveling him up. He now heals, uses Paralyze on the enemy with the highest health and uses Mass Paralyze if there are at least 4 enemies clustered together. I also have him set to use Haste and Heroic Offense on my main character at all times...

I'm just ******* **** up right now in that game.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Awakenings is complete easy mode. Walked through it without any real though...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Awakenings is complete easy mode. Walked through it without any real though...
As long as the story is good, I can overlook almost anything else gameplay, graphics or difficulty related...as long as they aren't prohibitive to completing the game.

DA2's story...sadly...did not pass the story test. Few games do anymore it would seem...