Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have 100% confidence in that team.

But anyway, this is probably a blessing in a bit of a disguise for me anyway. Loads of good games coming out in the Fall. This will leave me with a lot more time for them and a lot more GOW 3 online play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I played it for the PS3...I dont care for fighting games at all, but I actually had a lot of fun with it.
Yea I'm not a huge fighting game guy either but they're always fun for a quick pick up and have a pretty good replay value IMO. I usually buy a new one every year or so.

Always a nice change up from NCAA or COD lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three discs for L.A. Noire. Pretty crazy. haha. It's an annoyance when you're really into a game and have to change discs. But you had to this on one of my all-time favorites ever, in Shenmue. So I guess I dont care too much. I'm just surprised to see it on 3 discs. Especially considering graphics *****, RAGE ( I mean that in a good way), is supposedly only on 2 discs.

Still only 1 disc on the PS3 version. I'm still getting it for the 360, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB 2k is ok so far, don't really like that I have to pitch with the right analog stick..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure you can change it to the buttons (you could last year), I really like using them though, makes pitching a lot more fun for me.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gears 3 beta is sick. It feels a lot smoother than 2. Nothing really over powered, just a few over-used guns. It is a beta though, so of course it has it's glitches and bugs, but overall I love it. At first I thought "meh, at least it isn't gears 2", but it grows on you...FAST. I just wish the beta lasted longer.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Gears 3 beta is sick. It feels a lot smoother than 2. Nothing really over powered, just a few over-used guns. It is a beta though, so of course it has it's glitches and bugs, but overall I love it. At first I thought "meh, at least it isn't gears 2", but it grows on you...FAST. I just wish the beta lasted longer.
Do you know how to impale someone with the retro lancer? I hold B and run at the guy but it never works.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might buy Brink a week earlier than I was intending to tomorrow out of apathy. The only thing the Xbox is getting used for right now is Hulu for my girlfriend and Outland when I have the time. Sad state of affairs :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Do you know how to impale someone with the retro lancer? I hold B and run at the guy but it never works.
You need a good running start otherwise you just poke them

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Might buy Brink a week earlier than I was intending to tomorrow out of apathy. The only thing the Xbox is getting used for right now is Hulu for my girlfriend and Outland when I have the time. Sad state of affairs :(
I havent touched my 360 in a while. Been playing Heavy Rain as of late. But hey, L.A. Noire comes out next week. Woot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going ahead and getting Brink. My friend and I are co-op fiends and this offers a new story for us to conquer with up to 6 others! I'm not that psyched about the game itself, but it might be fun. Really just jonesing for a new co-op game. I think it will sell because others are jonesing for a new FPS.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It will sell well...all it really needs is the words "Bethesda" atatched to it. Plus, it looks unqiue enough.

I'm not interested at all, really. But maybe down the line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It will sell well...all it really needs is the words "Bethesda" atatched to it. Plus, it looks unqiue enough.

I'm not interested at all, really. But maybe down the line.
Personally, I hate the art style and the gameplay looks played-out. I'll complain about it the whole time I'm playing it and probably having a decent time doing so... Guessing it will get old fast.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gears Beta is definitely sick. It doesn't hurt that I rape the **** out of everyone. Pretty much always in the top 2-3 and like 50% of the time I'm MVP!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You never know what can happen with a one and a half year dev cycle. Too long has obviously had some bad results too...but still. Release it when it's ready. This is an important game and deserves to be treated as such.
This really depends on a lot of things. It depends on the team, the game, the licenses involved, etc. As much as some may find this offensive, it depends on the country of origin too.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But you had to this on one of my all-time favorites ever, in Shenmue.
Whoa! Someone who liked that game?!?!?

At least it wasn't a complete waste of 70 million. (yes, 70 million to make a Dreamcast game)
Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

New Alan Wake game confirmed, but it's not Alan Wake 2.

Quote:
Remedy has confirmed that it's working on a new Alan Wake game -- but it's not the "Alan Wake 2" that was outed from an artist's resume. Oskari Häkkinen, head of franchise development for the Finnish developer, confirmed to Joystiq that a slice of the team is crafting "this next Wake installment," which is neither sequel nor downloadable content.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/ne...ot-alan-wake-2

Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-10-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know that means Allen Wake 2 though. There's really not much room in that games universe for a side game or anything.

Woke up this morning and took a look at some of the Brink reviews...ouch. Looks like my first major disappointment of 2011 has arrived. Consensus is that it had a lot of potential, but was completely poorly executed on some even basic levels.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm not expecting much from Brink, but the only bad reviews out there are IGN (6/10) and 1UP (D). It's mostly getting 8's. It's a generic FPS made by a company that doesn't make FPS titles with some little tweaks that really aren't that special.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't think it looks all that generic. Has lots of things that makes it stand apart from the crowd, from the art direction, deep customization options that have a direct effect on gameplay, parkour movement system, and focus on objective based gameplay...but it just doesn't look very good now that it's out in the open. Watched a 45 minute play-through of it on GiantBomb last night and it pretty much goes "Get to objective, kill enemy, enemy respawns, they kill you" every single time. The side objectives hardly do anything supposedly, so if you aren't playing the class that's needed to complete the objective, you're pretty much just sitting crouched and waiting for enemies to pop out on the other side of the clearly defined choke point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
You know that means Allen Wake 2 though. There's really not much room in that games universe for a side game or anything.

Woke up this morning and took a look at some of the Brink reviews...ouch. Looks like my first major disappointment of 2011 has arrived. Consensus is that it had a lot of potential, but was completely poorly executed on some even basic levels.
Remedy said it's not Alan Wake 2. Some believe it may be something Kinect related. They said a smaller part of their team has been working on this since January. I doubt it's Alan Wake 2, yet. I still dont know if Microsoft really has faith in them for a direct sequel yet. The first game was a pretty big flop.

Yeah I read the Brink reviews. meh. Looks like they made a lot of promises that they couldnt keep. I'm predicting high 9's for L.A. Noire.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-10-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that Alan Wake news is fairly confusing. They need to make the next one already. :| I seriously think that ruined other games for me, been bored with everything I've played since then.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Oh god. I pray it's not Kinect related. I like Remedy a whole ton, but I don't trust any dev to put out the first AAA Kinect title marketed towards people like us who actually play video games. That's a recipe for bankruptcy and dissolution waiting to happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd imagine Remedy has to be on rather thin ice as it is. So much money was sunk into Alan Wake's insane development time. They're a very small group, based out of Finland. And their last game barely managed a million in sales, if it even hit that.

I certainly have my doubts about Alan Wake 2, still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-10-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

On a more exciting note; new Dark Souls trailer

All looks like great stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau