Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's multi-plat now right? I still need to play Demon's Souls. Its been on my list for a while.

As for something else...since one of my gamestops closed, I got some coupon deals from gamestop via E-Mail. Three of them.

15% Off Your Next Purchase

25% Off one pre-owned game or accessory

40% Extra In-Store Credit

I'm going to use the 25% off one tomorrow. Not sure on what used game, though. Maybe Crysis 2 perhaps. I could always use it on Metro 2033 too. I love that game, I just dont own it yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and guys...Bioshock 2 could be had for $6 yesterday on Amazon. Freaking crazy. That deals over, but it's still only $11.72 on Amazon brand new.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is! I'm very excited about that. I loved the first Demon's Soul's, but I'm just not a PS3 guy for whatever reason. Much prefer playing things on my 360.

Crysis 2 is very good. I'm burned out on it right now, for dumb reasons. I have a 2.0 K/D in that game and I put WAAAAYYY to much pressure on myself to maintain it. They're coming out with a map pack for it though, so I'll probably pick it up and start playing it again soon. The single player is really, really well done too if that's your thing. Defiantly one of the cooler shooters they've made in that category lately for consoles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I prefer playing games on the 360 as well. But I get giddy when sexy new PS3 exclusives come out still. A bunch on tap for E3 this year. I'm excited. But yeah, if it's on both...I'm going 360.

As for Crysis, I'm not even interested in the multiplayer, really. But I'd be down to play sometime, whenever I get it. I have a buddy who is getting it after his wedding next week, also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for something else...I started yet again another simulating season in NBA 2K11. Having fun.

I'm the Bobcats in year 4. My first year I sucked under Larry Brown. 28-54 record. Managed to get the #1 overall pick, with the 4th best odds. (This happens too often in 2K) I then drafted a SF/PF with a Lebron comparison, he was an 81 overall. Simmed year 2...sucked again. 31-51 under Larry Brown. haha. In the off-season Larry Brown retired and I picked up Avery Johnson to run the show. I also traded Stephen Jackson's expiring contract and two 1st rounders for Andrew Bogut. Went 41-41 and got the 8th seed. Took the 1st seeded Celtics to 6 games, before assing out. Finally this last off-season I signed Lou Williams and Arron Afflalo to play key bench roles, and extended contracts to pretty much everyone on my team.

Current Rotation:

PG Eric Maynor
SG Gerald Henderson
SF Earl Clark
PF Dion Lewis
C Andrew Bogut

6th Omri Casspi
BN Lou Williams
BN Arron Afflalo
BN Hassan Whiteside
BN Leon Powe

Maynor averages like 10 and 8.
Henderson averages 18 PPG
Clark averages 13 and 7 with a bunch of steals/blocks
Lewis averages 21, 9, and 4 lead the league in steals
Bogut averages 13 and 11 with 2 blocks per

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought Brink on PC yesterday. I haven't played much of it yet because of finals. The singleplayer is disappointing, it seems to be just multiplayer with bots. When I get a chance to play some more I'll let you know what I think.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I bought Brink on PC yesterday. I haven't played much of it yet because of finals. The singleplayer is disappointing, it seems to be just multiplayer with bots. When I get a chance to play some more I'll let you know what I think.
That's why I ended up not getting it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bought Crysis 2 for $33 with that coupon. Not bad.

I also got another coupon for buy 2 used, get 1 free.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you ever need someone to play some Crysis 2 multi with MOTH, I'm more than up for it. Haven't played in a good while for some reason though. I would advise to do the singleplayer before for sure, it's worth it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For sure man. Funny enough, I probably wont even touch the game until after I beat L.A. Noire. haha. I just didnt want that deal to expire.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone getting D&D Daggerdale in a couple weeks? It's supposed to be very similar to Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's on my radar right now for sure. It's probably more something I'll be trying the demo for first before rushing out and buying though. I rented Dark Alliance like 200 something times back when. Had a lot of fun weekends with friends and pizza playing that back in the younger 2000's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Delicious Mass Effect 3 info from Kotaku via a magazine from the UK;

Quote:
Mass Effect 3 executive producer Casey Hudson spoke with UK magazine Xbox World, divulging some mid-production intel about Shepard and company. The info is scattershot; little pieces of unconnected details about many different aspects of the game. Still, they help to create a larger picture of BioWare's vision for the game.

For those of you who want stay spoiler-free, here's a broad over-arching synopsis. If all goes according to plan, Mass Effect 3 is going to be bigger than its predecessors: It's also going to be more detailed than ever before. BioWare's goal is to create a realistic physical world worthy of holding the epic universe they created and that their fans love.

Warning: Spoilers below. This is the point of no-return. Reading past this point will reveal information vital to the plot of Mass Effect 3

1. Mass Effect 3 will have fewer party characters than Mass Effect 2
Don't expect to have nearly as many characters in Mass Effect 3 as you did in ME2. ME2's large crew—12 playable characters—was necessary for the game's posse-building storyline, but was a little large for BioWare's taste.

"Twelve was a big number in Mass Effect 2 - almost too big", says Hudson. "We're focused on a smaller squad with deeper relationships and more interesting interplay in Mass Effect 3' he explains. "We're not going to have twelve again but we are going to do more with the characters on your squad including Liara, and Kaidan or Ashley. And we're bringing everyone back - every main character is in Mass Effect 3 somewhere."

So yes, it is very possible that you might not get to control your favorite ME2 character. That said, every character from the game has a role to play in the story, provided they survived your trip through the Omega-4 relay.

2. You will travel to new worlds.
This one's kind of a no-brainer. Many of the planet you'll visit in ME3 are places you've only heard about in previous games. Hudson mentions that you'll see Palaven (the Turian homeworld) and Rannoch (the Quarian homeworld) in the game. It's also confirmed that you will return to Krogan homeworld Tunchaka.

As you might have already guessed, Shepard will also be going to Earth in this game. Hudson said that players will get to see "a Seattle/Vancouver megacity" both before and after the Reapers destroy it. Connecting the world of <Mass Effect to our own, the city is designed to look just like Vancouver. "If you Google Map Vancouver the layout is pretty much the exact same as our map," according to level artist Don Arceta.

3. Those worlds are going to be big.
Reapers are big. In order to have accommodate fights with them, or even having them nearby means designing levels much larger than the usual spaceship corridors that make up a large portion of Mass Effect's locales. Many of levels will include more open spaces. BioWare plans to make the shift in a way a dramatic way, claiming that some levels that are not only larger than anything ever seen in a Mass Effect game, but larger than any game built with the Unreal Engine.

Think of it this way. At least one level has to be big enough for Shepard to fight using a 50-foot tall Cerberus mech.

4. In combat, you'll need to think on your feet
The gunplay in Mass Effect 2 is mostly standard cover-based shooter fare. It was often OK to hide behind cover, picking off enemies at the back of a room while directing your teammates. The ME3 team plans to change that. They want you to be forced to scramble. To do that, BioWare is putting enemy tactics at the forefront. Different types of enemies will not only have varying abilities, they'll those skills in tandem. "Some will provide covering fire for snipers, some will deploy smoke to hide advancing comrades, others will coordinate subordinate units, and one will stomp around consuming its fallen friends to fuel itself," according to the feature.

5. Weapons are going to be much more customizable and detailed
In keeping up with their pledge to create a "deeper RPG experience" this time around, you'll be able to fine-tune your weapons in Mass Effect 3 much more than the last two games. "Every weapon is modular and can be customised with up to five modifications; scopes increase a rifle's zoom factor, new barrels increase accuracy or damage," Says Hudson. "Sling your gun on a workbench and it can be customised for a job at hand." Based on that last part, it sounds like it may be important to not only upgrade your weapons, but adjust them to suit different situations.

Hudson also mentioned that the team has been mixing it up with members of the DICE team, getting advice on how to make the guns sound realistic in varying environments.
http://kotaku.com/5800972/five-new-m...t-want-to-hear

I welcome ALL of this, especially the smaller party. It was entirely too large in Mass Effect 2...even if they did make it work well. Really sounds like they're making the game even better....and I didn't think that was possible.

If I find scans that are worth anything/have any interesting visuals, I'll post those too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It all sounds sexy...controlling 50 foot mechs? That could be tricky to pull off, hopefully it works well.

I love when games push the envelope with insanely huge levels of scope...but Gears 2 kind of annoyed me at times here, because the level would be so big, that they could barely fit most of it on the screen. With that grounded camera, it was hard to see everything at times. Especially during the Rolling Thunder mission. I wanted to see moar. I didnt feel like the level was really as huge as they were going for.

Oh and has anyone played the Red Faction: Armageddon demo? I still have never played Guerrilla yet, just the demo. Didnt really care for it, but the reviews were awesome and I plan on getting it eventually. But anyway, Armageddon is said to be borrowing a lot of their gameplay, atmosphere, and cinematics from Dead Space now. That's the direction they've turned to, after going more open world with Guerilla. I thought some of the trailers looked cool for it. I'm gonna give it a try, once it downloads.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know pretty much nothing what so ever about the 360 what is the difference between the $199 and the $299 version?

Is it really just memory or is there more to it?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I know pretty much nothing what so ever about the 360 what is the difference between the $199 and the $299 version?

Is it really just memory or is there more to it?
Yeah, I do believe it's just the memory. The $199 has 4GB and the $299 has 250 GB. Microsoft charges out the ass for their 360 HD's.

I still have my launch console(only 1 RROD), so I haven't really looked into the new models. I don't have a HDMI port like the newer models do though :(

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really worried about all the extra bells and whistles I just want to play games and maybe Netflix so you think I would be ok with the $199 version?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not really worried about all the extra bells and whistles I just want to play games and maybe Netflix so you think I would be ok with the $199 version?
Yeah it should be okay. You can always buy a bigger hard drive later if you think you need it. It's mostly for Xbox Live Arcade games and installing games to the HD for faster loads/quieter Xbox.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's the same price to upgrade for additional hard drive space as it is to buy a new hard drive, so it really doesn't matter all that much if you decide you need one later on. Some of the things about the 4GB version don't work very well sometimes, so be sure to get the drive if you try it and like it. Make sure to get the newer model as well. It's built much, much better and looks a whole lot sexier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i hope i don't have to spend half the game scanning planets this time. and that 'making you scramble' isn't code for 'act like it's quake'.
I think planet scanning is something they've addressed already, even. It's not a bad mini-game, but the amount of time it took was just ******* damn insane. The weapon customization system changes have probably done that in already, luckily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It all sounds sexy...controlling 50 foot mechs? That could be tricky to pull off, hopefully it works well.
I'm pumped. I'm actually really glad they're going to that sense of scale and pushing the envelope. Makes me far less worried about them falling into the Dragon Age 2 trap. Swinging for the fences is a good move to the conclusion to such a seminal title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh and has anyone played the Red Faction: Armageddon demo? I still have never played Guerrilla yet, just the demo. Didnt really care for it, but the reviews were awesome and I plan on getting it eventually. But anyway, Armageddon is said to be borrowing a lot of their gameplay, atmosphere, and cinematics from Dead Space now. That's the direction they've turned to, after going more open world with Guerilla. I thought some of the trailers looked cool for it. I'm gonna give it a try, once it downloads.
I wasn't planning on downloading that, but I may just give it a shot now. Sounds interesting. I liked the previous Red Faction titles, but they've kind of stopped dead a little bit lately.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I don't have a link, but someone finally cracked it so you don't have to use Microsoft's proprietary HDD. If I was buying a new 360, I'd go with the Arcade and use the crack on a HDD. Save a bunch of dough (and get a bigger HDD).
Old 05-12-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

You can't get a bigger hard drive, but if you can find a 2.5 inch SATA and buy a case(plenty online), you just need to flash the firmware for the drive(fairly easy) and it will work.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Anyone actually play the Divinity series? I was thinking about picking up that combo pack they have out now, sooner or later. In my experience...most current generation RPGs of this manner, that arent made by Bethesda, Bioware, or Lionhead are complete garbage. They look similar, but the production values just arent the same.

I've tried the Risen and Arcania: Gothic 4 demos and didnt care for either. They're just not comparable to the larger budgeted released RPGs.

What's the verdict on Two Worlds 2?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Divinity games actually used to be really, really quality stuff...but not so much lately. I tried to demo for Dragon Knight Saga and had no interest in purchasing it. The story was laughably bad and the interface really bothered me for some reason on a console. Pretty nice value for your dollar in terms of content, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be worth it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-15-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
You can't get a bigger hard drive, but if you can find a 2.5 inch SATA and buy a case(plenty online), you just need to flash the firmware for the drive(fairly easy) and it will work.
That stuff always scares me just because you are always 1 XBL update from any number of things happening, such as: losing data, obsolete hardware, getting your account banned, etc.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

IGN only gave L.A. Noire an 8.5, that seems low in comparison to the other scores. It's a 92/100 on metacritic with 18 reviews. It's pretty safe to assume that it's a bad ass game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS