Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things...

1. Still playing tons of L.A. Noire. Just got promoted to homicide...plan on playing more later today. <3

2. Batman Arkham City info was released today. 25 hour campaign if you like to do all the side quests. An additional 15 hours of story that branches off the main path's story.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got L.A. Noire yesterday. Def. taking all day to play. Worth it MOTH?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Got L.A. Noire yesterday. Def. taking all day to play. Worth it MOTH?
It's fantastic Shane...I posted about it, more in depth, on the current PS3 page. So much fun, and very well done.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do any other NBA 2k11 players notice a pretty severe advantage when you're home? Me and my brother play each other all of the time, we're just as good as one another, but whichever one of us is home almost always wins unless the other plays perfectly. I consistently shoot around 50-60% from the field when I'm home and around 40% when I'm away. I also notice that it's really ******* easy to come back from a big deficit when you're home. You suddenly start dropping everything.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I posted a while ago that I plan on purchasing Oblivion soon. I want to enjoy the game, even if I have to force myself to. I just couldnt get into it when I first played it, years ago. But it's considered one of the best games on the consoles, is made by Bethesda, and is incredibly well received in general. And skyrim just looks all kinds of crazy good.

But anyway, I'll probably wait a few more weeks, because Bethesda is about to announce a new 5th anniversary edition release of Oblivion for only $29.99. Sounds like a good deal.

Quote:
The report states this new edition will ship with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game Of The Year Edition, Collector's Edition Content (map, 'Making Of' DVD with an added Skyrim trailer), and a $10 Off Coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (redeemable at any retailer nationwide). The expected retail price is $29.99. The game is set to release this June.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm... Tough to say that that's a good deal. You pay $10 extra to get a $10 off coupon for Skyrim (couldn't care less for the collector's edition crap)?

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't realize that the 360 version (used) is twice the price of the PC version. That's crazy. Especially considering Bethesda games are designed mainly for PC and the console functionality really feels tacked on.

Last edited by nepg : 05-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I posted a while ago that I plan on purchasing Oblivion soon. I want to enjoy the game, even if I have to force myself to. I just couldnt get into it when I first played it, years ago. But it's considered one of the best games on the consoles, is made by Bethesda, and is incredibly well received in general. And skyrim just looks all kinds of crazy good.

But anyway, I'll probably wait a few more weeks, because Bethesda is about to announce a new 5th anniversary edition release of Oblivion for only $29.99. Sounds like a good deal.
Just saw this yesterday... I had bought the collectors edition when it first came out but I think I lost it in my 4 moves in the last 2 years. Thought this was a great deal and was gonna jump on it
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just beat L.A. Noire, took roughly 21 hours in total. Completed 27/40 of the side missions. (street crimes) Made sure to drive 194.7 miles and found all the newspapers (13) and the landmarks (30). So a couple of these things prolonged it a bit. But yeah, 21 hours. I absolutely loved the game. The game is strong across the board. No one should be surprised if it wins game of the year.

Rockstar and Team Bondi, expect this to be a franchise...ala GTA/Red Dead. So yeah, I cant wait for a sequel.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just beat L.A. Noire, took roughly 21 hours in total. Completed 27/40 of the side missions. (street crimes) Made sure to drive 194.7 miles and found all the newspapers (13) and the landmarks (30). So a couple of these things prolonged it a bit. But yeah, 21 hours. I absolutely loved the game. The game is strong across the board. No one should be surprised if it wins game of the year.

Rockstar and Team Bondi, expect this to be a franchise...ala GTA/Red Dead. So yeah, I cant wait for a sequel.
I'm almost done. Didn't do a lot of the side stuff (and apparently missed a few newspapers :() but I am on the last mission right now!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm waiting for the zero punctuation review.
Not gonna have to try too hard. Lies are an easy tell in the game and there are sooooo many chase scenes. There are two points he can easily pick at.

But still, the game is absolutely amazing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There arent really any amazingly hectic chase scenes like the GTA ones in this game. (Well, maybe one. It was still pretty easy) L.A. Noire is really not much like GTA at all. It's a lot more subtle, the pacing is completely different. I cant say it enough...it's not like GTA. It's all about unfolding the story, and a lot of that comes at a snail's pace.

There are chase scenes that occur, when criminals just take off on foot, and they're easily attainable. These conclude in a number of ways. Sometimes you just catch him and tackle him, sometimes you fire warning shots and he'll stop, sometimes things will escalate into a fist or gun fight, sometimes you'll keep chasing until a predetermined scene or action occurs (i.e. dude getting hit by a trolly).

Then there are the car chases...which are never overly difficult. Normally, you either just keep hitting the vehicle until it stops, get in a position for your partner to shoot out the tires, or again things will end by a predeterimed scene or action.

And yes there are shadowing type missions. On foot, you have to stay out of sight and remain behind the perp, a reasonable distance. You can jump into cover, or find some other means of going incognito. Like a real detective or private eye would do in this situation.

When in a car...pretty standard. Just dont get too close, and dont drive too recklessly, or you'll alert attention. I didnt find any of these to be difficult either.

Really man, it's Heavy Rain meets subtle Rockstar elements. All that it really borrows from previous Rockstar games, is the open world setting, the driving, and a less extreme approach to the gunplay. Which feels just like what you'd expect from a Rockstar game. It's just not insanely over the top, at all times.

Sure things start to get a little more gun heavy at the end, but that is to be expected. And fits well within the story progression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The awesome 360 outage has made it so I can't even watch Netflix or ESPN... Far worse than PSN outage.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another 2K11 sim association. I really like my team. Started with the default Kings roster. Went 31-51 in year one. Made a couple of moves around the deadline, picked up Armon Johson, Rashard Lewis, and Al-Faruoq Aminu. Got pick 7 in the lottery. Luckily for me, there were three stud PGs in the draft. And I absolutely love the one I got. 6'5 PG with scoring ability from everywhere, 81 pass, and 91 speed. I got pretty lucky. I then signed RFA Jeff Green to a hefty contract, Celts didnt match. Traded Omri Casspi for a future Suns 1st rounder, and traded crap for Roger Mason. Promoted Hassan Whiteside to my rotation, after tearing up the D-League. I did suprisingly well with this team, 47-35 (5th seed). Made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, where I was knocked out in 7 by the #1 Clippers.

All I did this off-season was draft a SG with pick 8. A pick I acquired in an earlier deal with the Bucks. My other picks were sent down to the D-League a PG and SG.

Team looks like this now...

PG Tyler Burton 79 overall
SG Tyreke Evans 90 overall
SF Jeff Green 81 overall
PF Rashard Lewis 72 overall
C Demarcus Cousins 82 overall

6th Al-Farouq Aminu 77 overall
BN Armon Johnson 72 overall
BN Jamie White 66 overall (rookie)
BN Roger Mason 62 overall
BN Donte Greene 63 overall
BN Hassan Whiteside 60 overall

I dont have a deep bench, and I go really small with it. But I love the Green, Lewis, and Aminu trio at SF/PF. I'm more than likely letting Lewis walk after this next year, and will start Aminu. Find a new 6th man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are looking to buy a new 360 (4gb only), you can get one from Newegg for normal price but receive a 50$ gift card (after the fact).

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...-default-84130
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 AM    (permalink
breakfast

i prefer to ps3
Old 05-27-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've been playing Crysis 2. Not the greatest game ever, but I've been enjoying the campaign so far. I like the big environments. It doesnt really feel or play like I thought it would. I like it so far. I think the graphics are fantastic, but some things look better than others, the sound however, is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone ever play NCAA Basketball 10, i kinda want a college bball game but reviews are only average and dont talk much about the recruiting system

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Get college hoops 2k8. You can get updated rosters for it. I have it for PS3 (couldn't find it for 360 near me), and really like it quite a bit.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

NCAA Basketball 10 is absolute garbage. Sadly 2K8 is the only way to go, if you want a good college basketball game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just semi hoping that it was a NCAA football >>>>> Madden type of thing

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

No. EA has been terrible at basketball since Genesis/SNES.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Playing Crysis 2 further...I actually think it's kind of boring. It's just a lot of the same. Waves upon waves of enemies, no story, and little to no real character interaction or development. And wow, there are some ****** save points. I just killed so many dudes while advancing foward, for like 15-20 minutes, only to be killed by an RPG. The last save point, though...is at the beginning of the level, so I had to start over. Fun.

The game has fantastic potential...but there isnt much of a story here, it's all repetitive shooting. I may not play it again, after I beat it. I'm just not having much fun with it, anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-29-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bought Fight Night: Champion for $33 with another one of those 25% off coupons.

I still plan on getting Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, and Metro 2033 with my buy 2 get 1 free coupon.

And then of course, the Oblivion: 5th anniversery edition.

hmmmm....then I think I'm good until NCAA comes out in July. haha. I want inFAMOUS 2, but I think I'll hold off a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Witcher 2 announced for Xbox 360. Coming out by years end too. I am so pumped. I know plenty of people here love Bioware style RPG's, and this game is the next level of that. The guys who make it are absolute bro's too, buy it for sure.

I'm excited. I have a top of the line PC....from four years ago. So I was looking at $400 bucks for an i5, 560ti, a new mobo, and a power supply on top of the $50 to buy the game. Just not worth it. Loved the first one and highly recommend that one as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-02-2011 at 03:55 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited for the MGS collection. As someone who missed out on a lot of these 10 year old plus games I love the HD collections.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote