Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that looks good. Zone of the Enders HD collection looks great too. I missed out on the second game and the touch up gives me some incentive to grab that.

Other highlights so far;

New Rage trailer

Pretty much confirms what is out there on it. Borderlands on steroids with more polished shooting mechanics. Should be a pretty good game.

Trailer for Prey 2. Looks to have some interesting concepts going for it, but we've seen little to none in the way of gameplay, so we'll have to see how it all comes together. Very different from the original game, which was an ambitious pure FPS caught in developmental limbo of the change over into the current console generation.

SEXY as hell Dark Souls trailer. Should be on everyones radar IMO. Demon Souls was one of the best games I've played in this current console generation and the sequel looks to address all the flaws and make everything even better. Should be amazing.

Witcher 2 Xbox 360 reveal trailer. Not much in the way of gameplay, but interesting stuff none the less.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got a review for Metro 2033?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a really old one I posted a long ass time ago, when it first came out. It's broken into two pieces...let me note, that the game has since grown on me a lot more. I absolutely love Metro 2033, it's one of the most atmospheric and immersive games I've ever played. And I was certainly harder on the graphics than I should have been, initially. The level of detail and environments are actually pretty beautiful. I'm thinking the upcoming sequel will iron out the faults and be one of the best games on the 360, for sure.

Quote:
I really like it so far. It's really immersive and the world they created is crammed with detail. Very Fallout esque looking, just in a much smaller and cramped area. Bandits, monsters, neo nazis, aliens? lol. Not sure about that last one but, there are some interesting sci-fi goings on in here. Your dude has these visions here and there and they can be...interesting. The game is beautiful in its own way, but some things could certainly be better, the people arent amazing looking or anything. But as a whole, I wouldnt say it's a terrible looking game at all, though. Some bland textures here and there and occassionally pop in, pretty typical stuff. I'd love some more interactivity with non-playable characters. Fallout spoiled me, there. This is a shooter first, so the dialogue is no where near as deep. Also, it sounds like you're in a cafeteria when you're in markets. A hundred people talking at the same time, it can be a little much. Some conversations are barely audible, because of this, and while that's pretty realistic, I actually dont think this was that intentional.

There have been some great cinematics so far. Some pretty gnarly cut scenes. I like your little toys and the way you use your journal/compass combo to find your way. Lighter is cool as well. Shooting can be wonky...it's not the best, and you're better off not zooming in. When you zoom in, your cross hair disappears and it becomes very difficult to shoot accurately. Also, head shots are random, even if you hit skull...and the non-military grade ammo, tends to be way too weak and that's what you'll be using the vast majority of the time. So yeah, the game is certainly not with flaw. You'll be bounced around a lot also, by fast moving monsters. Really fast moving in some cases. There is a lot of stealth involved...and the game encourages you to turn out as many lights as possible, so things can get pretty damn dark. There are various make shift traps, bandits/nazis have set up to make the stealthier parts more difficult, which is pretty cool. The story is alright so far, solid enough. A lot of it is told via loading screen, though...which is kind of disappointing. It could have def. been stronger/deeper at parts already and I've only been playing a few hours. Speaking of loading screens...this is a very fast loading game. Not much wait involved at all.

I havent run into too much difficulty so far, but some of the reviews I've read said this game can be rather unkind to, I dont know, "noobs". lol. I could see it, because the game doesnt have an extensive, in-game tutorial and ammo can be sparse and doubles as currency, so it may take a while to get the hang of things. I hear the difficulty gets amped up later on. A constant comparison I keep reading about is the Half-Life and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series'...it borrows a lot from those games. Anyway, I'm not sure if the game is a buy right now, it's a def. play, though. This is the type of game I would buy when the price goes down to like $30-$40. That's what I'd say right now, may change by the end of the game. Again though, I'd say it's def. worth a rent.
Quote:

Heading into the game's final chapter...I absolutely love this game. The shooting mechanics arent the sharpest, but it gets better, and the combat gets more even when you get better weapons, later in the game. I'd say starting from chapter 4, I noticed a change in the gun play. Like I said, a lot of the story is told via loading screen but, they actually do a fine job of presenting the story as you move forward in the game. IGN was far too unkind to this one. I'm pretty impressed. Love the pacing. I really appreciate the level of detail and the ambience as well. Great game. I'm still not confident enough to tell someone else to spend the full $60 on it but, after playing nearly the whole game, I know, if I were to have bought this game new, I would have been very satisfied with the purchase. They would have made a killing, had this been a budget title...but yeah, I do think the quality of the game justifies the full price, for me at least. I would still suggest you rent it first, though. Again though, I personally love the game.
I'm a big Metro 2033 fan these days. It's a game that has really stuck with me. The developer, 4A, has all the potential in the world.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-06-2011 at 12:12 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XBOX E3 press conference starts at 12:30 boys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Tomb Raider looks so Uncharted like now. Granted, Tomb Raider did it first...but the direction it has taken, now follows that of Uncharted's gameplay/cinematic approach, more. It looks pretty cool. Funny how that works, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Tiger Woods, Madden, FiFa and an unnamed game to have Kinect support. Oh snap. hmmm.

Mass Effect 3 with Kinect voice control. That's pretty crazy. Gonna be really interesting playing like that. I can talk to Garrus! You can actually control every conversation and give voice commands to your squad during battle. Interesting dynamic.

I'd feel ridiculous playing Ryse, but it has potential.

Kinect star wars looks horrible.

The Kinect games are just coming off as embarassing in general.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halo 4. :oooooooooo

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I cant wait for Bioshock: Infinite...A skyrim preview is coming up next.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm really loving this new engine. Skyrim looks amazing. 3rd person even looks excellent. Make Fallout 4 with this engine...nao.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

March 6, 2012 Mass Effect 3.

Gameplay trailer/demo were tits.

That new melee omni tool deal is bad ass.

edit....

Madden 12's graphics actually look pretty sharp this year. The faces and player models look better. Still not buying, though. The gameplay still probably sucks.

Reckoning looks pretty good. I'm sure I'll get it. Go Curt Schilling!

Not that excited for Insomniac's new game. :(

It's essentially the Losers, the game. I was hoping for something different, entirely. Not another Mercenaries type game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield 3... Sweet mercy...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So prettttttty. I just hate war games, so I'll probably never play it. But I appreciate the graphics. Gorgeous. Dude was playing on a PC, however. But it's still gonna look sexy on the consoles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been watching spike tv all day with this stuff. Another Microsoft home run. UFC looks cool and is awesome since I got rid of my cable box...hopefully they can get a decent TV network to sign on so I can get rid of cable tv. Youtube, minecraft, fingertracking in kinect should be expanded so we can actually play shooters without waving.

GIVE ME A ******* DATE FOR THE OLD REPUBLIC!!!!

The star wars kinect was on rails and skittish, but its star wars so its a must buy. I was impressed with the Disney game since I've never actually been there and if it is indeed the entire park fully mapped out. The roman game looks like the boxing minigame but its a step in the right direction. Out of all the kinect stuff, the mass effect 3 additions were the best. I just hope I can use a headset since I don't trust kinect's sensor's.

Tomb Raider is now a must buy for me, Skyrim....300 hrs and dual wielding magic for better spells, Battlefield 3, MW3, Halo 4, and they said the Halo remake should be cheaper. These are all big interests for me. Plus Forza 4 and Need for Speed looked great.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another Microsoft home run? Most people are killing their press conference. It was actually inredibly weak...all they talked about was their new partnerships and show off crappy Kinect titles. The 360 isnt about exclusives, like the PS3 is, more so. What they have to show is Xbox live/dashboard and Kinect related stuff. It makes for a poorer press conference.

Star Wars Kinect looked horrible, imo. And all those Kinect games are on rails. Give me some kind of free movement, at least.

It's not all bad, though...there are sooooooo many amazing games coming out. But Microsoft can only show so much of those games, because they're damn near all multi-platform. Sony should have a better show, if you're into hard core games. Since they're set to unveil a bunch of new exclusives. I'm excited for that at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its complete bs. Kinect's weakness is the lack of games, they did their job by showing us actual games besides fitness and sports. Its obviously not perfect, but its casual gaming. Its still lightyears ahead of the Wii stuff and I don't really care about the Move.

How I view how the press conferences will go:

Wii: Hey guys we have a new system and it's totally hardcore.
PS3: We are so sorry...please keep buying our games instead of playing them on xbox live.
360: MW3, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Tomb Raider, SSX, and every multiplatform game's sales are dominated by Xbox.

They killed it. Pretty soon everything will be available on xbox live. Kinect is expanding and yeah I agree that the games blow compared to controller based games, but they are growing their brand and are at least giving Kinect owners something to do with it.

Huge success.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Those games are all multi-plat. The conferences are really for console specific features and games.

And everyone is bashing the Kinect even more after today's showing...so I wouldnt get too excited about that.

This was the 360's worse showing in years.

Sony will unveil a bunch of new hardcore games and Nintendo has a new console to show off. Their conferences are bound to be better.

I could care less, really though. The 360 isnt about exclusive hardcore games anymore. But the multi-platform titles coming out in late 2011/2012 are so strong, that I'm more than happy still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

That's the entire point. ''Multi-platform'' means nothing when people are buying your stuff 60% 30 % 10% Xbox/PS3/Wii.-rough Black Ops numbers.

Throwing a new Halo trilogy helps allay fears of a new xbox system. It pretty much means that the 360 isn't going anywhere and it'll continue on its path of being the favored system and better online service.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

the Kinect needs to have the processor chip put back into it and to better track fingers and fine movement. Its technological progress. 15 years from now and it will be the only thing that people play with.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont see the traditional controller going anywhere...not even in 15 years. The Kinect is a crappy prototype right now...it doesnt work that well, and developers are obviously not having the easiest time creating with it. After today's showing, the only real hope anytime soon rests on Ryse's shoulders. The aim was to draw in/appease the "hardcore" crowd and they really failed to do that. Maybe had they showed a little bit of Kinect with Madden, Tiger Woods, or FIFA, but they didnt.

And meh...that's not what the conferences are about. The 360's showing wont be based off of multi-platform games shown. It's all about exclusive content/hardware. And it was a poor showing, indeed. As will be echoed by many fans and majority of media outlets. Microsoft will continue to make a killing with sales...but as far as the conference itself...they had a terribly weak show.

As for Halo...unless they're released every year. They may not end up all being on the 360. The last one may hit the new console. I'm sure they'd love to squeeze 5 more years out of the 360. But we'll see a new Xbox sooner than that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You mean you dont game with the powerglove? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

What exactly did you hear over the last 20 years? You mean back when people were playing on an 8-bit system? Everybody knows Kinect's potential. How can any sane person argue against it? It would be the same as arguing that HD is just a fad. I don't like moving to play games, but the technology will evolve and it will take over. It just has to breach the movement and targeting barrier and gain fine control. Maybe they can even do it now, but would probably cost $10,000 per unit. Give it time and it will be the dominant form. People will stream their games and not buy game from actual stores, and people will immerse themselves with kinect based technology. The next evolution would be a ps3 move type of gun or peripheral attachments to go along with the main kinect unit. They will get better.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, it's nothing like arguing that HD is a fad. It's more like someone arguing that 3D is a fad. It obviously is. Motion capture will be used for other applications in life, but not for regular gaming.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Until they get it right. All microsoft did today was expand its powerbase. Its building around Kinect and continuing its dominance. It already has the hardcore base and it has the best 'future tech' out there right now. Plus 4 more halos means about $3 billion. They win.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no "getting it right". Gamers will not play those games. They're just trying to sell systems, but for sustained growth, they'll actually have to sell games...which they have no chance of doing consistently without the true gaming crowd.

I don't know how many people you know who have a Wii, but the ones I know have like 3 games - MAYBE. And that's including the one or two the thing comes with. Those are the people Microsoft is after to sell systems with the Kinect.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Any word on a new Alan Wake?
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote