Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't mentioned at the conference which is disappointing. Indicators are pointing towards an arcade title though so I'm not following it too intensely.

I enjoyed the press conference from Microsoft and liked some of the kinect stuff. I'm of the opinion it can be used for enhancement, but any game that can only be played with it are just not for me. Voice control is easily the best thing about it in my mind.

So many games I'm getting later this year, thankfully the vast majority are multi-platform or Gears of War 3.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you live in Australia you can't use voice controls for kinect, and I'm not sure if all this stuff works without it/just with the regular headset.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the next Alan Wake will be an arcade title...Remedy said a few days ago that they wouldnt be making an appearance at E3. Not too impressed by much of anything, really. No God of War 4 or Quantic Dream announcements either. :/ And I have no idea where DONTNOD is. Maybe they're showing their new AAA title during the next few days of E3. Hopefully we'll see a bunch of cool new titles announced in these upcoming days. I cant wait for Metro: Last Light stuff to pop up there. They'll be showing of their game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-07-2011 at 04:55 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Thoughts on Brothers in Arms MOTH?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt realize they were going in that direction. It's Inglorious Basterds: The game. We didnt really get to see much (no real gameplay)...but it's obiviously going to offer 4 player co-op. It may be good, just gonna have to keep an eye on it.

They shouldnt have even called this one Brothers in Arms, though. Should just be a new IP, because it's nothing like the previous games.

I think it looks better than Insomniac's new game, Overstrike, which will feature the same four player co-op type experience.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah I don't know how I feel about Overstrike. It felt weird to me. Kind of like it was taking itself too seriously. I'm interested to see some gameplay for BiA though.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i haven't tried, but can't you already do this, without the $200 component?
Endwar had it and it worked really well.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any rumors of a Borderlands sequel?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff the past couple of days, although not for Microsoft. I hate to pile on for that press conference, but it was god awful. It's clear at this point that they feel like the hardware just isn't worth supporting at this point with another console likely a year or so around the corner. Might as well make as much money as they can on motion gaming though, I guess. Didn't help that all the Kinect stuff looked terrible too. The only game that looked even remotely interesting was Ryse, and that might be because we didn't see a whole ton of it. I really don't even understand why they're showing this stuff to an audience that largely doesn't care a whole hell of a lot about it. The people who buy Kinect games likely aren't watching E3. I really HATE to be like HURR DURR XXHARDCOREXXGAMERZ, but when they're showing off dance titles and Sesame Street(even if it is Tim Schafer)....well, it's hard not to draw a line.

It was also extremely irritating that other big focus was on the entertainment options instead of the gaming. That stuff has it's place and is interesting for sure...but it just kind of piled on to the fact that software isn't one of Microsoft's primary concerns right now. Hell, they didn't even talk about the Summer of Arcade promotion like they usually do, which again has strong titles coming out to support it.

Thankfully, there's TONS of multiplats to look forward to this year. They've remained competitive on that front.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I'd argue that other than Uncharted 3, the multi-platform games are really going to dominate this year. Skyrim looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on some Battlefield 3.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Any rumors of a Borderlands sequel?
They're making one, but I wouldnt expect to see the game until like 2012-2013.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-08-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd argue that other than Uncharted 3, the multi-platform games are really going to dominate this year. Skyrim looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on some Battlefield 3.
For sure. Exclusives are dying...especially for the 360. At least the PS3 has a better library and some great devs in their hand. But damn near everything is going multi-plat these days. And the lineup for the rest of this year and 2012 is just amazing. Got some great new IPs and tons of established series/sequels on tap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I'm going to be very happy with Gears 3 and Battlefield! Throw in Madden, Fifa and a handful of older games I need to pick up and I'll be set through the rest of the year.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm going to be very happy with Gears 3 and Battlefield! Throw in Madden, Fifa and a handful of older games I need to pick up and I'll be set through the rest of the year.
I think my list looks like (in order of desire):

1 - Star Wars the Old Republic
2a - Mass Effect 3
2b - Assassins Creed Revelations
2c - Elder Scrolls Skyrim
3 - Gears of War 3
4 - Uncharted 3 (Probably will be higher when I actually play the first and 2rd)
5 - Batman Arkham City
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wont bother to make an actual order...it will be too long and involve a bunch of 2012 games. But as for the games I'm for sure buying in 2011 upon release...

NCAA Football 12
Deus Ex
Gears 3
Uncharted 3
RAGE
Batman: Arkham City
Skyrim
NBA 2K12

Other games that I may buy down the line, or depending on review...

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (I'll def. get it, just probably not for $60)
Silent Hill: Downpour
Duke Nukem
Saints Row: The Third
the Darkness 2
Dark Souls
Resistence 3

Everything else I want comes out in 2012, I believe. Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Bioshock: Infinite, Metro: Last Light, Prey 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdoms of Alamur, probably XCOM, Tomb Raider, etc.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pretty much echo what everyone else has said, but add The Witcher 2 into that mix. I'm more excited about that than anything else right now, even. Beyond that, Mass Effect 3, NCAA 12, Skyrim, and Dark Souls have my money and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think i may limit my game buying to deus ex and ncaa. but only after deus ex proves that it's still deus ex.
The early word is that it DOES live up to it. The first ten hours of the game leaked a few weeks ago and even people that went in with a negative attitude tended to come away more impressed than they thought they would be.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont blame you...but I'm taking the risk on a day one buy, with Deus Ex. I've really liked the gameplay videos I've seen. And it's pretty sexy, aside form the underwhelming looking character models. The enviroments look fantastic, as far as detail is concerned. The graphics as a whole, are nothing special...but they did a good job, cramming in the detail and what not. I really hope it's good.

I've recently added Skyrim to my list. Because it just looks outstanding. That new engine is something else. The combat still looks ******/awkward to me, but the rest of the package is beautiful. I cant wait to see Fallout 4 running on this engine.

I'm all in for 2011...I doubt I'll be spending so much in 2012. There are only a few "must buys" for me then. And a bunch I'm currently on the fence about.

edit...I'd also add the Witcher 2, actually. I wont pay $60 for it, though...I'm sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-08-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

From what I've seen, I'm not worried at all about Deus Ex being a bad game. Everything looks very good, between the combat and the multiple paths throughout the big levels. I'm curious to see what the reception will be from people who enjoyed the first two games(Or maybe just the first one haha. Invisible War is slightly underrated, but is still a fundamentally flawed game.). If it doesn't live up to the name, I could see that being held against it, but again, early word is that it actually does a pretty good job of maintaining the integrity and feel of the previous titles.

Silent Hill: Downpour caught my eye during the Konami press conference a bit. It's been awhile since I've picked one of those up...or it feels that way anyway. Skipped the last title and it really doesn't sound like a mixed a whole hell of a lot. But the early stuff for that looks pretty good. Beyond Dead Space, this generation has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of Survial Horror titles. Especially ones that hit you more psychologically. Downpour looks like it could fit that profile.

Rage looks like it's shaping up quite nicely as well. I'm not sure it will be this deep, RPG like experience some people will inevitably want it to be, but an open world shooter with skill incentives is always cool. The game looks absolutely gorgeous too, which never hurts.

Battlefield 3 looks AMAZING too, but I still want to hear more about the differences between the PC and the console versions. The maps will be smaller on the console versions because of size limitations...but I can live with that if it's done right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-08-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any good relatively new games out in the FPS, RPG or Fighting genre that isn't called LA Noire? I need a shooter or something similar to hold me off until NCAA 12 and then to split with that until Gears 3 and MW3

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If you're a Modern Warfare type of guy...you may want to check out Crysis 2 or Homefront. Not my thing, but if you like the more military/tactical type of FPS. You may also want to check out Bulletstorm, for something a little more over the top. Again, not my thing...but you may like it. Crysis 2 may be your best bet.

As far as RPGs...Fallout: New Vegas and Fable 3, are two well receieved newer RPGs. Dragon Age 2 was nothing too special. Nier is an interesting game, that you should look up. I've yet to play it, but I've heard pretty good things.

I enjoy the new Mortal Kombat, myself. And I dont even like fighting games. If you like sports fighting games...Fight Night: Champion is boss. Has a cool create a boxer career mode and a new story mode. Which is actually really gritty and plays like a movie.

Do you like story driven first person shooters? Because I'd suggest the Bioshock Series, Metro 2033, and Singularity as well, if so.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just FYI, BioShock 1 (with Executive Director Ken Levine) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> BioShock 2 (without)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well yeah it's a lot better. One of the best on the current consoles. But people are still wayyyyyy too unkind to the 2nd installment. It's just a lot of the same. I still really, really enjoyed the game. And it was still critically praised for the most part. But I'll agree, be warned that a lot of players didnt like it too much. But a lot of that has to do with the fact that, Rapture loses a little bit of that magic or mystique the second time around. But again, personally...I really liked the game. And gameplay is improved upon. And it's still atmospheric in a beautiful environment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I've actually met Ken Levine before, as well as some of the guys who work at Irrational Games. He's a really cool, creative guy.

Yeah, I really vehemently disliked Bioshock 2 despite going into it with an open mind. I just couldn't get past the fact that the entire thing felt a bit like fan fiction. Rapture didn't have a whole ton of room left for stuff in it after the first title, so I think the devs get a bit of a raw deal...but still, not a good title. Decent in terms of gameplay and technical stuff(ran smoother than the first Bioshock while looking better), but besides that there's not much to it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My little bro just bought New Vegas so thats off the list, I have beaten both BioShocks and can't wait for Infinate. MK, Crysis and Homefront are probably my top 3 right now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to the new Rugby game "supposedly" coming out this year in time for the Rugby World Cup. Hopefully its not a piece of **** like all the other rugby games I've played

edit: looks like I'll be looking forward to TWO rugby games this year. AWESOME!

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-09-2011 at 03:11 AM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote