Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remake of Jonah Lomu rugby pleassssse

Also there is a Rugby League game for PS3 and 360 if you are interested YAY. Although the 360 copy might be region locked.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Remake of Jonah Lomu rugby pleassssse

Also there is a Rugby League game for PS3 and 360 if you are interested YAY. Although the 360 copy might be region locked.
It doesn't give a US release date so I'm sure you're right. I can probably find it on amazon or something. I've been waiting for a Rugga game for quite some time now.

A resurrection of Jonah Lomu rugby would be awesome.

Check these Screens out for the new Rugby Challenge game

http://rugbychallengegame.com/#

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
My little bro just bought New Vegas so thats off the list, I have beaten both BioShocks and can't wait for Infinate. MK, Crysis and Homefront are probably my top 3 right now
Homefront is awesome, I could give you a good review on that. Online mode was just truly epic, the maps were 10x the size of a normal online size map, and they managed to make it machine interactive but not over powering. Hummers, Chopper Gunners, Spy planes, Turrets on the hummers, there are alot of vehicles and interaction.

Another thing I enjoyed is there is no killstreaks, thus no camping. You just acquire xp from how well you do in general, then when you earn enough you can select what you'd like to use. It was done pretty well. On the missions I can't speak too much on because I hadn't got into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be shocked if Kingdoms of Amalur isnt a hit. The production value is great. Looks like it borrows a lot from Fable, Dragon Age, and God of War. The gameplay/combat looks top notch as well. Hopefully the story is good, because the visuals and combat are impressive.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/09...alur-reckoning

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like it's well on it's way to being an excellent title. Really have taken the high road on a lot of things. Love the sense of scale you get from looking at some of that stuff. Much better than some of the games being put out lately(cough dragon age ii cough). Plus, it's badass that Curt Schilling is making it. Weird, but very cool. If I'm being picky, the UI looks really bad and the art direction is a little on the MMORPG vibe. Minor stuff though, looks a lot like the game Fable was supposed to be.

On subject of RPG's with Pro Bowl potential;

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/08...ff-screen-demo

I'm shocked at how good looking this game still is. CD Projekt said their goal is to get it running at 30 FPS constantly on the equivalent to medium settings on the PC version. Looks like they're well on their way to that. There's some major budding framerate issues you can see just from watching that video, but there's tons of time and this team has already proved itself to be extremely capable from a tech perspective.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Pretty disappointed with no Alan Wake 2.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It looks like it's well on it's way to being an excellent title. Really have taken the high road on a lot of things. Love the sense of scale you get from looking at some of that stuff. Much better than some of the games being put out lately(cough dragon age ii cough). Plus, it's badass that Curt Schilling is making it. Weird, but very cool. If I'm being picky, the UI looks really bad and the art direction is a little on the MMORPG vibe. Minor stuff though, looks a lot like the game Fable was supposed to be.

I'm shocked at how good looking this game still is. CD Projekt said their goal is to get it running at 30 FPS constantly on the equivalent to medium settings on the PC version. Looks like they're well on their way to that. There's some major budding framerate issues you can see just from watching that video, but there's tons of time and this team has already proved itself to be extremely capable from a tech perspective.
Well, Curt's goal is to make an MMO, so that makes sense.

And Witcher 2 for PC is an amazing game.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard there are actually some hiccups with Microsoft/Remedy now. While Alan Wake was a pretty good game...it was a flop financially. To barely sell one million units with that development time, is just terrible. The game became a bit of a money pit. Microsoft says they'd like to work with Remedy again, but at the same time, they seem a little reluctant. And Microsoft has even admitted to not really knowing anything about Alan Wake's next arcade title, and they're not even the publishers of it, as of right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

The interfaces/menus def. need work....but I see no problem with the art direction, given what they're going for. It's not normally my thing...but it looks just fine. It's in that Fable-ish cartoony mold.

I'd say the NPCs kind of look unpolished, however. The conversation system/interactivity looks like something you'd find in Divinity, more so than say, Dragon Age: Origins. Same classic style...but probably less polished than anything Bioware is turning out. I also heard that there isnt a morality system.

The gameplay/combat...certainly looks outstanding, though.

As for Curt...I hope he stays away from the MMOs...his crew def. has shown great potential with this single player RPG.

edit...but yeah, I think it looks great at this point. The production value seems to be right up there with the likes of big time Western RPGs or action RPGs, like Dragon Age and Fable. This certainly wont be another buggy budget RPG.

I love RPGs...but some are just unplayable for me. Risen, Divinity, Two Worlds, Arcania, etc.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I heard there are actually some hiccups with Microsoft/Remedy now. While Alan Wake was a pretty good game...it was a flop financially. To barely sell one million units with that development time, is just terrible. The game became a bit of a money pit. Microsoft says they'd like to work with Remedy again, but at the same time, they seem a little reluctant. And Microsoft has even admitted to not really knowing anything about Alan Wake's next arcade title, and they're not even the publishers of it, as of right now.
Kinda like Shenmue back in the day. Pumped a ton of money into, was a great game, but just didn't sell great. Atleast got 2 Shenmue games though.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm still hoping for Shenmue 3, my friend. :(

Never gonna happen...but at least, Yu Suzuki says he's very interested in completing it. And he's making games again, that's a plus at least. Hell, if you can make Yakuza games for cheap, you certainly can make Shenmue 3 for cheap as well. You still may lose some money on it, however. But the Shenmue loyalists will all go out and buy multiple copies, probably. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should release updated Shenmue collection and then put out a final game.

So disappointing. Shenmue was supposed to be a flagship game series for the Dreamcast (8 games).
Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you happen to know what sales were like for Heavy Rain on ps3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Do you happen to know what sales were like for Heavy Rain on ps3?
Heavy Rain sold extremely well. Much better than expected, actually four times better than Sony's expectations. Alan Wake vs. Heavy Rain was a hot topic for a while, given the similar themes and release dates. Most thought Alan Wake would best Heavy Rain easily, but really...Heavy Rain outsold Alan Wake like 2.5:1.

Wake sold about a million, where as Heavy Rain has since topped the 2 million unit mark, and rests somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million copies sold.

Heavy Rain's developer, Quantic Dream, is really in a fantastic place right now. They're actually so well off financially, that they're working on two new titles. Heavy Rain's amount of success wasnt really expected. I was really surprised that it beat down Alan Wake so bad as well.

That said, Remedy/Microsoft were ridiculously stupid to release Alan Wake on the same date as Red Dead Redemption of all games. But yeah, poor sales are poor sales.

Remedy doesnt seem too worried at the moment...but they're a small developer, with a lot invested in Alan Wake. Poor sales could bring the company under, very quickly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Angry

Quote:
I'm still hoping for Shenmue 3, my friend. :(

Never gonna happen...but at least, Yu Suzuki says he's very interested in completing it. And he's making games again, that's a plus at least. Hell, if you can make Yakuza games for cheap, you certainly can make Shenmue 3 for cheap as well. You still may lose some money on it, however. But the Shenmue loyalists will all go out and buy multiple copies, probably. haha.
I'm still holding out hope.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Duke Nukem sucks, apparently. Tons of unfavorable reviews cropping up. Only a 54/100 on Metacritic so far, after 9 reviews. Only one of which was a positive review.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I plan on deciding for myself, eventually. All I know is that you see the word "outdated" being tossed around a lot. I've heard some say it looks and plays like that of a launch title.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They designed the game to play like old school Duke Nukem. It's designed to be out-dated in a lot of ways. Can you really criticize that when the intention was achieved? And let's remember that this game was thrown together rather quickly...
Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If it sucks...sure you can blame them.

The game sounds like it's on par with Eat Lead...that's not a good thing. I wouldnt let nostalgia cloud my judgment...if it sucks, it sucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-11-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Nostalgia is the whole point, though.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nostalgia alone doesnt make for a good game...if the gameplay sucks and there tends to be distracting graphical issues, why reward them for it? A game can look rather ****** and still play very well...there are plenty of ugly looking games out there, that have received good scores, because of the sums of its other parts. Duke Nukem doesnt sound like it does a whole lot of anything right, based on the reviews so far. If it sucks, it sucks...that should be the bottom line. Just because it's such a well loved, series, shouldnt enable it to have a free pass. You can certainly achieve a balance between the old style and gameplay of the past games, in a new installment. But maybe they just failed to achieve what they set out to do.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You bring up a good point...in the fact, that is it fun? That's what I care about most, in regard to a new Duke Nukem game.

As for in general...I love me some pretty graphics, but gameplay should always be top dog. Luckily, today...most good games are beautiful and boast great gameplay. But there are certainly exceptions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year, mainly the fall, looks to be great. My current wishlist:
  • NCAA Football 12- 7/12*
  • Dead Island- 9/6
  • Arkham City- 10/18
  • Gears Of War 3- 9/20*
  • RAGE- 10/4
  • Battlefield 3- 10/25
  • Modern Warfare 3- 11/8*
  • Bioshock Infinite- 2/1
  • Street Fighter x Tekken- 3/1

*= pre-ordered

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got $100 dollars to blow and I am not sure what to do with it. Should I try and spend as much of that 100 as possible buying older games I might have missed or should I save it for a newer game?

I was looking at getting Alan Wake and GOW 1 and games like that if I use it not sure what other games I would want to get.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duke Nukem sucks, apparently. Tons of unfavorable reviews cropping up. Only a 54/100 on Metacritic so far, after 9 reviews. Only one of which was a positive review.
Meh reviews. The rating assigned from a review are just worthless. But I looked at metacritic and none of those reviewers are anyone I trust. Even if I do think the scores are worthless, I'm glad to see the average of the PC version is higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I got $100 dollars to blow and I am not sure what to do with it. Should I try and spend as much of that 100 as possible buying older games I might have missed or should I save it for a newer game?

I was looking at getting Alan Wake and GOW 1 and games like that if I use it not sure what other games I would want to get.
What kind of games are you looking for? I wouldn't recommend Alan Wake though.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-11-2011 at 04:19 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote