Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I myself have been catching up on games I missed. I recommend this especially with the list of great titles coming out this fall.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post

What kind of games are you looking for? I wouldn't recommend Alan Wake though.
I am thinking like shooter, action, fighting, adventure type games since I am pretty much good with sport games and have very few other type of games. I am looking to just add more to my collection cause I am starting to feel like since I have beat most of the games I have I need to get some new stuff.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I got $100 dollars to blow and I am not sure what to do with it. Should I try and spend as much of that 100 as possible buying older games I might have missed or should I save it for a newer game?

I was looking at getting Alan Wake and GOW 1 and games like that if I use it not sure what other games I would want to get.
What games do you already have?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What games do you already have?
NBA 2K 10 and 11
Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 and 11
Madden 2010
NCAA Football 2010
Fifa 2009
NHL 2009
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
UFC 2009
Godfather 1 and 2
GTA IV
Batman Arkham Asylum
Gears Of War 2
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Halo 3
Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh reviews. The rating assigned from a review are just worthless. But I looked at metacritic and none of those reviewers are anyone I trust. Even if I do think the scores are worthless, I'm glad to see the average of the PC version is higher.

What kind of games are you looking for? I wouldn't recommend Alan Wake though.
Meh reviews? The vast majority of the time, the review average is pretty apt, imo. Metacritic is a good source. Sure, it'd be a better idea, to go with those reviewers that you trust, more so...but it doesnt really sound too good as of right now. I always decide for myself anyway, but find myself agreeing with the averages more times than not, after I play. I <3 Metacritic. The final score isnt the end all, but it's a very good source.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh reviews? The vast majority of the time, the review average is pretty apt. That's why Metacritic is a good source. Sure, it'd be a better idea, to go with those reviewers that you trust, more so...but it doesnt really sound too good as of right now. I always decide for myself anyway, but find myself agreeing with the averages more times than not.
It's all about what they say in the review. There is no industry standards on how anything gets scored, and a lot of reviews don't even have a standard reviewing system for their own respective magazine/website. The number rating is useless I find a majority of the time.

Quote:
I am thinking like shooter, action, fighting, adventure type games since I am pretty much good with sport games and have very few other type of games. I am looking to just add more to my collection cause I am starting to feel like since I have beat most of the games I have I need to get some new stuff.
Looking at your list this is what I'd recommend:

For shooters: Halo 3 & Reach, great games, especially with friends. Lost Planet 2 is good as well, but requires friends to have fun. It has shoddy splitscreen. If you haven't played GoW 1, then that is the game to get. Gears is my personal favorite console shooter franchise. Bioshock (the first) if you're looking for a singleplayer shooter.

Action/Adventure games I'd recommend are Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2. My favorite action games on 360. They made Ninja Gaiden 2 more forgiving than past Ninja Gaidens but it is still great. I'd include Resident Evil 5 into this category because it's not your standard shooter. Only pick that up if you have someone else to play with though.

As for fighting games there is only one option in my book, the newly released Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. My second choice would be Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Yes, I'm a little bit of a Capcom fanboy.

Those are the games I thought of.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still find myself disagreeing with that...just for the simple fact that the final average score, actually does tend to be on par with how good the game is, in my experience. Metacritic's mean score, tends to be an apt judgment in most cases. Of course, it depends more on the player...but for me personally, I tend to agree with the scores, the vast majority of the time. Of course scores arent everything...but their low numbers go hand and hand with the actual criticisms, regardless of grading scale. And the word criticisms of Duke Nukem dont make it sound too attractive, early on. Again, I'll make the final judgement in the end...but Metacritic tends to be spot on, more times than not. If a bunch of professional critics say a game sucks...it probably sucks. But there are certainly exceptions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Looking at your list this is what I'd recommend:

For shooters: Halo 3 & Reach, great games, especially with friends. Lost Planet 2 is good as well, but requires friends to have fun. It has shoddy splitscreen. If you haven't played GoW 1, then that is the game to get. Gears is my personal favorite console shooter franchise. Bioshock (the first) if you're looking for a singleplayer shooter.

Action/Adventure games I'd recommend are Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2. My favorite action games on 360. They made Ninja Gaiden 2 more forgiving than past Ninja Gaidens but it is still great. I'd include Resident Evil 5 into this category because it's not your standard shooter. Only pick that up if you have someone else to play with though.

As for fighting games there is only one option in my book, the newly released Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. My second choice would be Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Yes, I'm a little bit of a Capcom fanboy.

Those are the games I thought of.
I already have Halo 3 but what is the difference between that and the other Halo games out there like Reach, Wars and ODST? I apologize if that sounds stupid.

I never played GOW 1. I just bought GOW 2 cause my roommate at college introduced it to me and I thought it was awesome.

Is there going to be a issue like missing parts of the story if I don't buy the whole series of games?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At $5 or so, you can't go wrong with GoW1...

My recommendations:
1. Red Dead Redemption - $27
2. Assassin's Creed (1, 2, Brotherhood) -$8/$18/$35
3. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade - $40
4. FEAR 2 - $15
5. Alan Wake $18

With $100 to blow...
RDR for sure
Alan Wake because you're interested in it
GoW1 because it's cheap and you seem to want it
Super Street Fighter IV if you need a fighter...
Assassin's Creed because you have a few dollars left and I can't recommend anyone play AC2 if they haven't played AC1 because of the story...

You'll be slightly over $100 for those after taxes. Great haul, though.

Last edited by nepg : 06-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I only mentioned Alan Wake cause it seemed like a lot of people were hyped about it reading back in this thread or really liked it. I don't know much about it but it sounded interesting.

Assassins Creed 2 is really bad?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For LT

Borderlands
Saints Row 1 + 2
Crackdown 1 + 2
Dead Space
Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On review scores and metacritic; I agree that the importance of numbers is overrated to a certain extent, but mostly on the premises that reviewers tend to score good games on an 8-10 and don't really use it appropriately. This means a few things, but specific to what we're discussing; If a game scores below a 7, there's probably a good chance it's an objectively bad game. This doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable of course; I loved Alpha Protocol, flaws and all, but it absolutely deserved the review scores and negativity it got.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I only mentioned Alan Wake cause it seemed like a lot of people were hyped about it reading back in this thread or really liked it. I don't know much about it but it sounded interesting.

Assassins Creed 2 is really bad?
AC2 is great.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
AC2 is great.
I was just wondering cause you said you wouldn't recommend me playing 2. I thought it might have been cause you thought it was bad see now its cause of the story and not the game.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, AC2 is the better game, but if you care at all about the story (which is pretty good, imo), you'd be missing out if you skipped AC1.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, AC2 is the better game, but if you care at all about the story (which is pretty good, imo), you'd be missing out if you skipped AC1.
Yeah I am looking on Ebay right now to see if I can get some of this series you guys have been talking about together cheaply.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I completely deranged for being totally bored with Red Dead Redemption?

I played maybe 10-20% of the game, and I didn't like it at all. I thought the action was slow, the shooting left something to be desired, and the story was less than enthralling.

A lot of people love the game, but I don't. I don't hate it, but its the only game I own (I usually rent games, Gamefly ftw) yet I still refuse to touch as I sit here totally bored at home during summer. I'd rather do nothing than play it lol.

What am I missing with it?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

I played maybe 10-20% of the game, and I didn't like it at all. I thought the action was slow, the shooting left something to be desired, and the story was less than enthralling.

A lot of people love the game, but I don't. I don't hate it, but its the only game I own (I usually rent games, Gamefly ftw) yet I still refuse to touch as I sit here totally bored at home during summer. I'd rather do nothing than play it lol.

Never really heard anyone complain about the story, but I can understand if someone didn't like the shooting (although I do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

I loved the world in RDR. The story and missions were disappointing to me. There are definitely slower points where I had to force myself to play.

I still stand by my claim of Rockstar's Red Dead Revolver(non open world) > Red Dead Redemption.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just resubscribed to XBL! GT is Pepe McNasty! <333

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be on in the next few days TH, but add me at Prymal Thirteen. Anyone else feel free to do so as after Friday I will be spending a lot of time on XBL!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny...it actually took me this long to start my first NBA 2K11 season. Up until this point, I spent my time with "My Player" and simulating a ridiculous amount in Association mode. But yeah, I figured I'd start a season...the first game didnt go to well. I like realism, so I'm trying to play full games. I want those minutes right! lol. So yeah, 12 minutes ; Hall of Fame. I got raped. I lost 142-100. HAHA. My team is like a 70 something, but I like them...I just cant for the life of me, figure out how to shoot with Steph Curry. His shot is so awkward. I was 8-24 in that game with him.

I'm the Warriors, I have a 9 man rotation.

PG Stephen Curry
SG Arron Afflalo
SF Earl Clark
PF Darrell Arthur
C Juan Carlos Garcia (#2 overall pick ; 76 overall)

6th Jodie Meeks
BN Patty Mills
BN Bill Walker
BN Craig Brackins

It's fun, I like the team and the way I rotate them. But sliders unchanged, the opposing teams shot percentages are a little high, and again...I cant shoot with my star player. Kind of a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've been trying every console RPG demo out there, as of late. What I found is that nearly all of them suck, outside of the ones with a big developer. But I did actually semi-enjoy Dungeon Siege 3. It's Obsidian, at least. Still a little rough around the edges...but at the same time, much more polished than a lot of those other crappy console RPGs. It wasnt too bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I already have Halo 3 but what is the difference between that and the other Halo games out there like Reach, Wars and ODST? I apologize if that sounds stupid.

I never played GOW 1. I just bought GOW 2 cause my roommate at college introduced it to me and I thought it was awesome.

Is there going to be a issue like missing parts of the story if I don't buy the whole series of games?
Get Reach yomomsizafreak and then you can play with me and Draft King again. I haven't played in months but a reunion is in order.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've been trying every console RPG demo out there, as of late. What I found is that nearly all of them suck, outside of the ones with a big developer. But I did actually semi-enjoy Dungeon Siege 3. It's Obsidian, at least. Still a little rough around the edges...but at the same time, much more polished than a lot of those other crappy console RPGs. It wasnt too bad.
I thought Dungeon Siege was pretty good as well. Might fall into the "not worth $60" catagory just a bit, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun. Especially with a few buddies. You just know the gameplay is going to get repetitive at one point or another though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote