Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Get Reach yomomsizafreak and then you can play with me and Draft King again. I haven't played in months but a reunion is in order.
LOL I like how you just threw out my GT instead of just saying LT. Is Reach a different game or is just Halo 3 with new maps?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reach is pretty good overall. Only $25 on amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbo...g=dealswoot-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Videogamer.com says we'll see the new xbox at E3 2012 according to their sources.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would make some sense and would certainly make up for a real ****** e3 this year a little bit. It will be real interesting to see why Crytek can do on next-gen hardware and how DX11 will look on consoles. Not sure at all how credible that site is though, and this is likely 4th hand information anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-14-2011 at 01:32 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IGN is fast to post these things, I know. Still interesting if it turns out to be true. I never buy consoles at launch...but if I have the money, I'll probably buy one of those bad boys right away.

As for something else...anyone ever trade games in at Best Buy? I hate trading games in, but I was underwhelmed with Crysis 2, and dont see myself playing it again. So I want to trade it in, while it has value. Apparently I'd only get $15 from Gamestop. **** that. But Bestbuy is giving $30 for it. That's not too bad, considering I paid $33 for it. So yeah, I'll be heading over there later today. Dont even know where to go to trade stuff in there.

I'll then take that $30, and pick up Brotherhood or Metro 2033 on the cheap. Unless of course it's store credit only. Then I guess I'll have to buy one of em new and just add like $10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
IGN is fast to post these things, I know. Still interesting if it turns out to be true. I never buy consoles at launch...but if I have the money, I'll probably buy one of those bad boys right away.

As for something else...anyone ever trade games in at Best Buy? I hate trading games in, but I was underwhelmed with Crysis 2, and dont see myself playing it again. So I want to trade it in, while it has value. Apparently I'd only get $15 from Gamestop. **** that. But Bestbuy is giving $30 for it. That's not too bad, considering I paid $33 for it. So yeah, I'll be heading over there later today. Dont even know where to go to trade stuff in there.

I'll then take that $30, and pick up Brotherhood or Metro 2033 on the cheap. Unless of course it's store credit only. Then I guess I'll have to buy one of em new and just add like $10.
They give you a Best Buy gift card... but you can request a check for considerably less.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My old xbox live account got corrupted, new gamertag-

kitt3n diarrh3a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just got back...traded in Crysis 2, got Brotherhood.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brotherhood is a good game. Would have been better as a $30 expansion though, to be honest with you.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why they would release Halo 4 right around a new system being released and not just have it as a system seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Could be bumped up into the new system if the info is legit. Wouldn't put that past Microsoft at all, especially given that we have literally no info on it whatsoever besides the fact it's being made. Could do two versions of it, a DX9 one for the 360 and a DX11 one for early adopters, ala Nintendo with Twilight Princess for the Wii/Gamecube(although those games were largely the same, if not exactly the same).

Just too early to tell. Halo 4 is pegged for a Holiday 2012 release, and this console is likely a Holiday 2013 thing anyway. That's a lot of time to put out another game, or at least some info on it....and they did say it was a trilogy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

You could make some kind of 'Premier Edition' type thing with it too and bundle all the extra content released into it. Maybe throw in some extra crap too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-15-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
LOL I like how you just threw out my GT instead of just saying LT. Is Reach a different game or is just Halo 3 with new maps?
Yeah it's different, for better or worse (mostly worse according to most). Halo: CE Anniversary will come packaged with all the Reach multiplayer for $40 (I think) including 7 remade maps from CE. That would be the best time to buy it. I probably won't play Reach much until then (Nov. 15th...my birthday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I wonder why they would release Halo 4 right around a new system being released and not just have it as a system seller.
If the new Xbox is being announced at E3 2012 that probably means it won't be on sale until 2013. Halo 4 is expected for Holiday 2012. Or there could be a Twilight Princess 2-system deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is exactly why I asked a few months ago about a new release. Figured that with every new console, they get the itch to make people buy the newest thing. I'll probably buy it close to launch, but december/jan seems a bit early. Unless they meant Dec 2012. I haven't even heard enough about it yet.

I'm also afraid it's gonna be like this last xbox, where certain games just reset the development. Remember the first Madden on xbox 360? Yay we get new graphics, but it was basically a cut and dry game with little to no features the Madden before it had. If they decide to do that I'll probably hold off.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is exactly why I asked a few months ago about a new release. Figured that with every new console, they get the itch to make people buy the newest thing. I'll probably buy it close to launch, but december/jan seems a bit early. Unless they meant Dec 2012. I haven't even heard enough about it yet.

I'm also afraid it's gonna be like this last xbox, where certain games just reset the development. Remember the first Madden on xbox 360? Yay we get new graphics, but it was basically a cut and dry game with little to no features the Madden before it had. If they decide to do that I'll probably hold off.
Every first Madden is like that.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

EA Sports directly addressed that at one point and said they aren't going to let it happen again. Remains to be seen if they follow through with it, but the distaste over that was heard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. I think they said that after PS2 as well (and possibly PSX and PSP). They either think people forget, or just don't care because it doesn't matter.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I had to cancel all of my preorders at my local Gamestop, since I'm moving...so I figured I'd make my last purchases there today. Turns out that a lot of games were reduced today, luckily. So I picked up Metro 2033 for $30 and Alpha Protocol for $15. I'm so happy to finally own a copy of Metro. haha. LOVE IT.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Every first Madden is like that.
That's the problem too.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I had to cancel all of my preorders at my local Gamestop, since I'm moving...so I figured I'd make my last purchases there today. Turns out that a lot of games were reduced today, luckily. So I picked up Metro 2033 for $30 and Alpha Protocol for $15. I'm so happy to finally own a copy of Metro. haha. LOVE IT.
You should like Alpha Protocol quite a bit. You NEED to go into it realizing it's a flawed game and even looking past those flaws, by no means a masterpiece....but if your expectations are right, it's a lot of fun. Good luck moving too man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Videogamer.com says we'll see the new xbox at E3 2012 according to their sources.
So it wont come out until Christmas 2012-ish, which is good, because I am not ready for a new system. If anything I will just end up switching from XBOX to PS3

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Thanks buddy. Hopefully I'll have all my stuff set up rather quickly. And I hear the internet connection is a **** ton better down there, so that will be nice for some Live play.

As for Alpha Protocol...ummmm....yeah, I know it's flawed. I watched so many of its horrible looking gameplay videos. I'm not really expecting much, so hopefully it will surprise me a bit. I dont know, though. For $15, I wont be too disappointed if I dont like it. I wanted to get at least one game I havent tried. Not a huge risk. It's not like I dropped $60 on Duke Nukem Forever....OOOOOOHHHH SNAP! lol.

Saying that, though...I'm glad I never preordered Alpha Protcol, either. I almost did at one point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-15-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I notice you said you traded in Crysis 2. Was it that bad? Cause I was considering buying it

Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I notice you said you traded in Crysis 2. Was it that bad? Cause I was considering buying it
I really loved Crysis 2. It's a real good game if you like first person shooters, and it certainly manages to put it's own spin on the genre.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I really loved Crysis 2. It's a real good game if you like first person shooters, and it certainly manages to put it's own spin on the genre.
Which game would you compare it to the most mp wise? Does it have a class set up? I never played Crysis 1 so I don't know what to expect