Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some FPS, but I love FPS that have great stories to tell. Crysis 2, was too tactical and tedious for my liking. Like a Modern Warfare type, but with a super suit.

If you're into military shooters or Modern Warfare, you should certainly like Crysis 2. That's why I suggested it before. Not my type of game, but I think you'd like it, for sure. It's a well received game, and it's beautiful...but again, I dont really like military/tactical shooters all that much. Give me the type of FPS that takes a back seat to the story telling, atmosphere/ambience, and just the overall immersion....opposed to all the, get from point a to point b and kill anything that moves, type of thing. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Which game would you compare it to the most mp wise? Does it have a class set up? I never played Crysis 1 so I don't know what to expect
just bumping to make sure it gets seen on the new page.

M.O.T.H. I liked the Modern Warfare series, but the 2nd one was a tad too fast paced for me, how would you compare the pace of Crysis 2 to MW2

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not MOTH, but Crysis 2 is like a mix between COD4 and Halo in terms of pacing. The suit abilities really make things interesting in terms of the options you have in combat. If you're getting shelled, getting into armor mode is absolutely essential. Invisibility is real cool to play around with as well.

What I enjoyed most about it is that it effectively eliminates camping in multiplayer. You acquire killstreaks by collecting dogtags that people you kill drop. So that guy sitting in the corner tends not to do so well....or exist really.

Campaign is the best multiplayer focused game campaign in years too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EE would know better than me, comparison wise. I'm just not into these type of FPS. I'm more of a Bioshock, Condemned, Fallout (RPG/FPS), Singularity, or Metro 2033 kind of guy. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ight thanks man. Anyone here get Brink? I am torn between 3 games. I have played the Homefront mp demo and love it, looked forward to Brink heavily, but it got disappointing reviews and knew nothing about Crysis 2 until now lol.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't buy Brink. I've tried it before...and it's more than a bit of a mess. I was really looking forward to it...but blah.

Lulzsec also stole everyone who was playing it's account details last week. So yeah, security for the win.

Homefront is alright if you want another "me too" game(nothing wrong with that if that's your thing), but the consensus among critics was that Crysis 2 was the objectively better game and I have to say I agree.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Don't buy Brink. I've tried it before...and it's more than a bit of a mess. I was really looking forward to it...but blah.

Lulzsec also stole everyone who was playing it's account details last week. So yeah, security for the win.

Homefront is alright if you want another "me too" game(nothing wrong with that if that's your thing), but the consensus among critics was that Crysis 2 was the objectively better game and I have to say I agree.
It probs is, but having only played Homefront and not Crysis Im a bit biased. Homefront is nice, it has good long sight lines, no lag, balanced vehicles, just not enough variety of weapons.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a badass Indiana Jones game. Or Back to the future. Both totally redone.. by like Rockstar or something. That is all

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I want a badass Indiana Jones game. Or Back to the future. Both totally redone.. by like Rockstar or something. That is all
haha, Back To The Future...the peripheral smorgasbord. Guitar controller, steering wheel, balance/skate board...
Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

An Indiana Jones game was cancelled for the 360/PS3 not too long ago. So that's probably a long way off from happening again. And there is a Back to the Future game for the PS3 and PC...I think it's essentially a point and click with RPG style dialogue choices. Got good reviews.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-18-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Code: JUN2G1

Posted this in the PS3 thread but its still a great deal when trying to catch up on some games.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oooo

im thinking

Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 and GTA IV

id like NBA2k11 but its still $35 & thats what I would pay for those 3 total

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you get 2 free if you buy 4?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just do 2 orders

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crysis 2 was a lot harder even on easier modes than most games are normally.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

What do you do if your box gets the 2 flashing lights because it's over heating?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Find a better place for it? Hopefully somewhere open.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-20-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea I realized my AC is off and the windows were closed so I opened up some windows, stood up my box, moved it and waited 10 minutes lets see how that works out

Old 06-20-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
oooo

im thinking

Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 and GTA IV

id like NBA2k11 but its still $35 & thats what I would pay for those 3 total
I'm gonna get 2K11 in July. I know I'm super late, but I absolutely love 2K10. Plus I'm one of the guys who enjoy the association/franchise modes deep into them, once most of the current players are retired. So current rosters were never a big deal for me, especially for basketball.

I think the Jordan mode will keep me pretty busy for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Homefront is alright if you want another "me too" game(nothing wrong with that if that's your thing)
What's this mean?

I agree about the lack of variety of weapons, but it seemed like it was more for the outdoor environments and vehicles then anything else. You can spend alot of time inside vehicles mostly, and the maps are so freakin huge. Me and a friend played in parties on there and had some fun, adds a new aspect. Replay value wasn't as high as CoD for me at least, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What's this mean?

I agree about the lack of variety of weapons, but it seemed like it was more for the outdoor environments and vehicles then anything else. You can spend alot of time inside vehicles mostly, and the maps are so freakin huge. Me and a friend played in parties on there and had some fun, adds a new aspect. Replay value wasn't as high as CoD for me at least, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
It means it's a derivative rehash. Nothing wrong with that if you do it right, but you can find games like Homefront everywhere and have been able to for quite some time. If you like games that play the way Homefront does, cool....but critics felt it was an average to below average game and I'm inclined to agree in this case.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm gonna get 2K11 in July. I know I'm super late, but I absolutely love 2K10. Plus I'm one of the guys who enjoy the association/franchise modes deep into them, once most of the current players are retired. So current rosters were never a big deal for me, especially for basketball.

I think the Jordan mode will keep me pretty busy for a long time.
I'm the opposite...I hate when it's all fake players in the league. Gets really boring for me then. Plus, the 2K games are kind of broken if you play for too long. The rosters get really messed up, you'll have teams with like 6 PGs. And huge/pricy FAs become unsignable for everyone and they just stay in FA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm the opposite...I hate when it's all fake players in the league. Gets really boring for me then. Plus, the 2K games are kind of broken if you play for too long. The rosters get really messed up, you'll have teams with like 6 PGs. And huge/pricy FAs become unsignable for everyone and they just stay in FA.
Jeez, I never noticed any of that. I've always been that way though, have more fun 10-15 years in then I do 2-3. I try and get a good mix of reg season games played, drills, playoff games played, and off-season work without 1 or the other getting 2 old. Then again I don't follow the NBA like I do NFL, so it doesn't bother me as much with all created players.

Quote:
It means it's a derivative rehash. Nothing wrong with that if you do it right, but you can find games like Homefront everywhere and have been able to for quite some time. If you like games that play the way Homefront does, cool....but critics felt it was an average to below average game and I'm inclined to agree in this case.
Oh ok I hear what your saying. I guess it didn't feel that way because it was the first FPS I played that focused on vehicles and large maps, at least for me. So it felt pretty fresh and not played out, if there were a bunch out before I never got to run through them.

I wasn't wowed by it by any means, but it was a nice change of pace for me and what I typically play(CoD, rainbow 6, Gears).

Quote:
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, the 2K games get a little wonky that late in the franchise. The team overalls drop substantially and you'll see teams with like 6 PGs and no PFs or something like that. They just keep drafting players to the same positions. You'll see a team draft a PG #1 overall one year, and then draft another PG #3 overall the next year.

I love simming in 2K, it just gets messy after too long. My biggest gripes still remain in some of the player's abilities. Namely "shot tendency" and "commit foul" these ratings are everything when you sim. If shot tendency is too low, your player will not shoot. So you may draft some stud, with amazing overall scoring ability, but he only averages like 8 PPG in major minutes, that's because his shot tendency stat is insanely low. And this is a stat that doesnt improve much at all through progression. It's a major burden. Or say you trade for a role player, with the ability to be a big time scorer or star, if given starter minutes on another team. If his shot tendency rating is too low, he's not going to do crap, no matter what you do. And the year to year scoring improvements are minimal, if there are any at all. The scoring will almost always remain the same. As for "commit foul" this can be a franchise killer. Some guys have an insanely high "commit foul" rating. Say you have some guy that should be a star, but this rating is high. You set his game minutes to 38 or so, but you notice his numbers still suck. Why? Because really, the dude will end up playing like 28 minutes per game, because he's in foul trouble every single game. And this is insanely common in the game, especially among rookies. It's a rating that I find myself editing with damn near all of my players, or else the majority wont even play the allotted minutes you've assigned to them.

When I ran that 2K sim on here, I edited these stats with regularity. Without editing them, player stat progression/player impact would just be broken. It's really something they need to fix in the future.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea, my association would have been ruined had you not brought those issues up. I tinkered with every single player on those 2 options. Though it got weird at times screwing with shot tendency, trying to find a happy medium between a guy you want to be the 1st, 2nd and 3rd scoring option.

Quote: