Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here get Madden?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Anyone here get Madden?
Yes. I played one game, so I can't really judge too much yet.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I care about is how it stacks up against other Maddens and this years NCAA

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I just ordered madden 12 from toys r us online for 45 dollars. Good deal.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
All I care about is how it stacks up against other Maddens and this years NCAA

Haven't bought Madden in years, and got frustrated/bored/tired with NCAA so I hadn't played it really in the past month. And I obviously tweaked the hell out of Madden with sliders, so take it FWIW. I'll still try and relate it to NCAA 12 though.

-Definitely looks a helluva lot better.

-Feel like I'm getting cheated less than I was in 12.

-I'm finding it easier to achieve realistic stats.

-Gameplay doesn't feel "smooth"

-Still haven't figured out OL/DL and CB/WR interaction.

-Like some of the additions to franchise

-Some of the franchise is absolutely ******. (Edit a player at all and he loses his "player role", awful drafting logic, especially with imported classes, if you are a fantasy draft fan like myself, that is also hilariously ******.)
Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Haven't bought Madden in years, and got frustrated/bored/tired with NCAA so I hadn't played it really in the past month. And I obviously tweaked the hell out of Madden with sliders, so take it FWIW. I'll still try and relate it to NCAA 12 though.

-Definitely looks a helluva lot better.

-Feel like I'm getting cheated less than I was in 12.

-I'm finding it easier to achieve realistic stats.

-Gameplay doesn't feel "smooth"

-Still haven't figured out OL/DL and CB/WR interaction.

-Like some of the additions to franchise

-Some of the franchise is absolutely ******. (Edit a player at all and he loses his "player role", awful drafting logic, especially with imported classes, if you are a fantasy draft fan like myself, that is also hilariously ******.)
Did you import a draft class yet? I did with 2 different classes and the names arent what they were on NCAA. Just wondering if that changed from all the other maddens.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I caved and got madden after hearing some good things and I'm very satisfied with it. Easily the best next-gen madden game to date and possibly even best next-gen football game in general. Obviously still has it's issues but the positives far outweigh the negatives IMO.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Did you import a draft class yet? I did with 2 different classes and the names arent what they were on NCAA. Just wondering if that changed from all the other maddens.

When reading OS before, it seems as if there are some issues based upon when you chose to export or something. I didn't do a full check to see if everyone made it over correctly, but I know that I got Luck, Trent Richardson, etc.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just did the second run through Heng Sha in Deus Ex. Whoo. Tough stuff, actually. Did you manage to save Malik MOTH? That one took me a few tries for sure haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not save her. I knew it was one of those situations, though. I was doing fine, until that big ole mech came out. She was like, "**** this", so she blew up the helicpoter. lol. I didnt die during that part, but she did.

The funny thing is, if she dies you can find her body later, in a harvester hang out. I was like, WTF is this? So I decided to drag her around for a little while. lol. I was hoping they would at least acknowledge her if I carried her around...but no.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty funny. That operation room the Harvesters had was pretty ****** up. Felt like something was missing there though haha. I actually wasn't expecting Tong to be affiliated with them, that was a bit of a twist for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's pretty funny. That operation room the Harvesters had was pretty ****** up. Felt like something was missing there though haha. I actually wasn't expecting Tong to be affiliated with them, that was a bit of a twist for me.
Ah I didnt know you were that far. Yeah, she's on one of their beds after she dies. I literally said aloud, "I'm taking this with me!"....before I started dragging her around. haha. I thought it was funny.

What did you think of the 2nd boss battle? It took me one try. Just heavy rifled the hell out of her.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I had a very hard time with that one, actually. I had never used the heavy rifle before and hadn't really tried aiming with it. I'm not so great with guns you can't ADS with in most of these games, so it took a bit. I ended up just using the typhoon on her one and then chasing her around with my upgraded assault rifle.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ah, I had a lot more trouble with Barrett. How far are you? Because the next boss battle could be a real *****.

And yeah, I love the Typhoon. It took me forever to even get it, but I had a lot of fun in some crowds, once I got it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's useful stuff. I wish I had nabbed it a little bit earlier, to be honest. I've eased up on my "completely non lethal" stance considering that I've already killed people, so it really isn't going to make much of a difference as far as achievements and such go. It's nice to just shoot some of these sick ***** sometimes.

Did you do the Zelezny quest? I had a hard time decided which side of that one I was on.

As far as where I am, I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere around the end. Just got by the Belltower port facility. Pretty sure I'll beat it at some point tonight provided sports doesn't drag on tonight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Did you do the Zelezny quest?
What quest is that one, exactly?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think it was titled something along the lines of Talion, A.D.. You get it by talking to one of the doctors in the Heng Sha LIMB clinic the second time around. It wasn't really as deep as some of the others are, but it was an interesting decision to have to make for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nope. I missed that one. I'm actually surprised I missed any side quests, because I thought I was really thorough. I checked the achievements after I beat the game, and I missed a couple quests, at least.

I liked Malik's side quest...doing some detective work.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I think that's the only one I missed. I must have said the wrong thing to her at the start in order to get her to not give it to me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was going to ask if you did that one, but I assumed it was automatic. Because she just showed up at the Alice Garden Pods before I went to find the hacker there. Just an automatic cut scene, when I walked in.

Why did you go to the Limb clinic in Hengsha again? To get the upgrade for that malfunctioning chip? I never would have thought to talk to some dude in there for a quest. haha.

So you just left Hengsha via the Port? You're failry close to the end, there is still kind of a lot to do yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Oh, yeah. I did do that one. I had just forgotten about it. That one was pretty interesting. It was pretty cold what she did to that guy haha.

Yeah, that's about where I am. Glad to hear there's still some to go. I don't want it to end quite yet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, it's a really fun game...I actually hope they somehow continue the series. I dont know if that's the plan, though. I want MOAR Deus Ex.

As for that chip...I like how they incorporated that. I was wondering why my dude would just go into electrical spasms every once in a while. lol. And then everyone with augments falling in the middle of Hengsha was awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got to Montreal, how far along am I?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You have a ways to go yet. I think you'll change locations another 4 or 5 times before the game ends still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. Btw MOTH, the character models do look a bit better on the computer, fwiw. Although the gun models still look really weak and funny looking at times. The Tranq Rifle is so odd looking.