Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that about the PC version...and I heard there was a patch to make the loading screens much faster for the PC, also. But on consoles, it could use work in both areas. The NPC quality varies, but it aint pretty. And I typically have a decent amount of patience with my RPGs, but those loading screens were killing me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I heard that about the PC version...and I heard there was a patch to make the loading screens much faster for the PC, also. But on consoles, it could use work in both areas. The NPC quality varies, but it aint pretty. And I typically have a decent amount of patience with my RPGs, but those loading screens were killing me.
Yeah, loading screens are not fun. Fortunately I have a decent PC and I do think the patch helped. Still, I have been very stealthy in my play so I restart it every now and then if **** hits the fan.

I think the last guy I killed was the first boss, lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Forenci. lol. There is an achievement on the 360, for not killing anyone. I just couldnt do it. I was real stealthy at the beginning, but after a while, I started killing tons of dudes. Breaking necks and impaling people. I played it more as a straight shooter near the end.

As for the loading screens on the consoles, they're a solid 30 seconds per screen. That is a very long wait, for something that occurs everytime you enter a new area, building, or die. Granted, I should have installed the game, because it cuts off about 8-10 seconds, but it's a long wait in either case.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to replay the game. I have a lot of idea as to how to play it differently. Next time I'll probably do a more shooter/bad ass style.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Legit; it's a lot easier to sneak around and play non-lethal. The level design supports it and the guns you use are one shot neutralizers and silent. The non-lethal takedowns are pretty much silent as well. It gives you very little incentive to run and gun...and the ammo is in short supply for lethal weapons as well.

I think that's a bit of a balancing issue. Not a flaw, but it should at least give some kind of benefit or make it feel cooler to play lethally.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah from everyone Ive spoken with the game really favors the stealth route which is kind of a turnoff for me, ut my roommates said hes picking it up soon so ill hopefully get a chance to check it out for myself first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
forenci: what are your system specs? mine meet the minimum, but i'm trying to sort out whether or not it's worth it to steam it, or ps3 it.
Mine isn't overly powerful at the moment, but it gets the job done. Hoping to upgrade before Battlefield 3 comes out.

Intel i7 CPU 870 - 2.93GHz, 4 gigs of RAM, an ATI Radeon 4800 HD series.

My graphics card is in need of an overhaul, but the game runs very smooth for me. Also probably need some more RAM before TOR comes out..
Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah from everyone Ive spoken with the game really favors the stealth route which is kind of a turnoff for me, ut my roommates said hes picking it up soon so ill hopefully get a chance to check it out for myself first.
If you make the right upgrades...you can certainly play the game as a straight shooter, rather early. You really need to upgrade that armor, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Finally been playing Oblivion...I hate the lack of info/detail with the weaponry and armor. Pretty simplistic. I just wish there were actual details on those items and a more in depth weapon/armor rating scale. And what the hell are books for? You can buy all these books, that dont seem to do anything. Some have like a skill attached to it, but others say nothing.

Also...I've been a level 1 for 8 hours. I probably should have read the book better, because I had no idea I had to sleep to level up. lol. But apparently, the level system in this game is kind of broken with the enemies leveling up and becoming way too powerful, so this is actually used to combat that by a lot of people. I dont think I'll go that route, however. I'll sleep next time I turn it on.

I also have to figure out the persuasion screen, because I have no idea what I'm doing still. (edit...reading the book, I think I have it. But it's a dumb system)

Other than that, I've been having fun with it. It's no where near as fun as Fallout, not even close. But it's not bad. It's incredibly nerdy, though. And the names of people and places they used are really out there. I dont think I'll be remembering the names of many people in this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Madden actually be decent this year, or am I just that football starved? I tend to think that once I play more games, I'll probably end up hating it, but I actually like it thus far. Obviously far from perfect/where EA should ideally be, but definitely better than NCAA 12.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Could Madden actually be decent this year, or am I just that football starved? I tend to think that once I play more games, I'll probably end up hating it, but I actually like it thus far. Obviously far from perfect/where EA should ideally be, but definitely better than NCAA 12.
Really? Cause I love me some NCAA, if madden is this good I really wont regret spending $20 on it and getting madden for the 1st time since the one with Favre on the cover.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Really? Cause I love me some NCAA, if madden is this good I really wont regret spending $20 on it and getting madden for the 1st time since the one with Favre on the cover.
If you love it, I'd hold onto it. I really started to hate it.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just got the dreaded XBOX Live subscription expiration e-mail. I still have a month yet, but ughhhhhhhhhh. I had no idea my year was up already. Another crap expense, that I totally forgot about.

I still think it's well worth it...but I still hate paying it. Especially considering the fact, that it's just one day after RAGE comes out. So I'll be spending a lot of cash at gamestop that day. Neat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you love it, I'd hold onto it. I really started to hate it.
I am holding on to it. I'm getting both

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally beat Deus Ex. Probably could have done so much earlier, but I wanted to set the scene right and play when it was dark and quiet haha.

I really don't know where they will go from here. There's not really room for a sequel with the other games and a prequel just wouldn't make sense. There's going to be some demand for another game after this one though, it appears to be selling pretty well. It will be interesting to see what they figure out.

Overall, I loved the game. I was slightly disappointed with the presentation and storytelling in the actual game versus how it was in that one amazing trailer. It seems like some things were sort of rushed or felt a little bit off. Seems like they cut some things out too. Montreal was supposed to be a full hub world from what they said in all the previews. Maybe that has something to do with it. In any case, I'm pretty excited for the DLC coming out in October and to give it another playthrough at some point. I may even try to do with without being detected haha. Seems possible...just seems like you need to save a heck of a lot. I just hope there's a way to "tell" if you're detected. It happened a few times without my realizing it in my first playthrough seemingly.

Is anyone else thinking about getting Dead Island? I sort of didn't want to...but it sort of looks like the sort thing that I like to play. Reviews are above average too...but I might wait for the price to go down just based on how quickly that usually happens with these kinds of games and the sort of flaws I'm reading about. Story and characters sound like pure crap too.

I'm defiantly planning on getting RAGE...it's just a question which console I'll get it on. Hearing both have some issues...but the PS3 has it on one disc as to the 360's 3. Having dealt with LA Noire on the 360 with like a million discs and tons of switching, I'm wondering if it's worth going out of my comfort zone console wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I want more Deus Ex...but I dont know how they'd do it either.

As for discs...I heard Skyrim is on one 360 disc, some how. I'll be getting RAGE on the 360, I'm not too interested in the online play, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I didn't even know Rage had multiplayer. I can't see myself doing anything other than dabbling in it once or twice from what I read of it after googling haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I didn't even know Rage had multiplayer. I can't see myself doing anything other than dabbling in it once or twice from what I read of it after googling haha.
It doesnt sound amazing...but there is a co-op mode of sorts. The main multiplayer actually deals with just the racing aspect. Kind of lame.

Quote:
The multiplayer offering extends across both gameplay mechanics with Combat Rally seeing players speed around loose arena-esque courses hitting each other with weapons and racing for multiplyers.

The shooting contingent of the game is backed by a co-op mode called Legends of the Wasteland, which offers both online and split-screen missions based on areas seen in the single-player campaign.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Dead Island preloaded and ready to go for the midnight release on PC. Can't wait. Reviews have been meh for the console versions, but it should be great for PC.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Any thoughts on who I should start a Madden Franchise with? Looking to build up a team. Thinking Skins or Raiders at this point, but I'm open to suggestions.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any thoughts on who I should start a Madden Franchise with? Looking to build up a team. Thinking Skins or Raiders at this point, but I'm open to suggestions.
It is fun to draft a QB in Madden, isn't it? Both of those teams afford you that opportunity. I'd go with the Redskins. The defense should be fun to use and you'll get to completely overhaul the offense.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about the Bills? They're pretty weak all around.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd go with Oakland out of those teams...just because of D-MAC.

Carolina would be fun to use.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Bills are another solid option. I've considered them. Also I've thought about the 49ers (transition to Kaepernick next season, or draft a QB), Titans (Locker in Year 2, CJ2K, build the D), Vikings (Ponder next year, revamp much of the team), Bengals (Probably not, because I hate Dalton, want to keep the league semi realistic), Broncos (<3 Von and Doom, would have to make a ton of changes).

Basically, I need convincing.

And MOTH, Carolina? Really? I thought you knew me better than that. **** everyone in the NFC South. (Excluding Atlanta, until they piss me off.)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bills are another solid option. I've considered them. Also I've thought about the 49ers (transition to Kaepernick next season, or draft a QB), Titans (Locker in Year 2, CJ2K, build the D), Vikings (Ponder next year, revamp much of the team), Bengals (Probably not, because I hate Dalton, want to keep the league semi realistic), Broncos (<3 Von and Doom, would have to make a ton of changes).

Basically, I need convincing.

And MOTH, Carolina? Really? I thought you knew me better than that. **** everyone in the NFC South. (Excluding Atlanta, until they piss me off.)
Personally, I think a team like the Titans or Vikings might be too easy since you already have someone (CJ/AP) to make the focal point of your offense. I'm willing to bet a lot of the guys on those two teams are overrated in the game as well. My favorite thing to do is take over a team who will need at least a new coach/QB, since those are two of the "signature" fingerprints a GM can leave on a team, whereas with the Titans, Panthers, or Vikings, you already have a new head coach and first-round QB, so you're kinda just continuing a rebuilding process someone else started.