Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Upgrade the the grappel line to be able to leave lines attached to walls and it will keep you from getting hurt
So basically going around beating bad guys up.Man that is gonna take a while gr. Cause I don't have the grappel at all upgraded.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
In Arkham City so far I've basically just been GTA'ing it, patrolling the city beating up bad guys. My Batsuits Armor is fully upgraded and I'm only at 3% complete.
And thats whats so amazing about it. Theres just so damn much to do it in the game. I'm not even 50% finished yet and I have put in hours upon hours into this game. Easily my game of the year thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So basically going around beating bad guys up.Man that is gonna take a while gr. Cause I don't have the grappel at all upgraded.
It only takes one upgrade so it shouldn't be so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat Arkham City story today (39% complete). I switched to the Beyond suit right away to do the side missions. I'll wait a little before doing new game+, not sure what skin i want to use (they only get released in Dec if you dont wanna get raped on ebay). As great as the presentation is in the story, the plot is a bit disapointing if you're way into the comcis or the animated series.

I hope the next game Rocksteady does is a Batman Beyond game, but itll probably be another Batman game (with batmobile???) or Superman.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I enjoyed the story much more so than the last one. I mean the outcome of the overall plot I felt was too predictable, I actually doubted my prediction at first because I thought that it would have been to predictable but was much better this time around. Also, was really hoping Black glove would be behind it all but I guess he's to new of a villain. Really want to see him and Pyg in the next one, just very dark formidable villains for Batman to face.

And Co-Op is a must next time around.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I find really annoying so far is trying to clear all of two faces guys with guns out of the subway area. I was about 95% done when they started re spawning.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Try doing that on hard + mode. The game really picks up the difficulty and makes life a ***** for you.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any tips for the pressure sensitive riddle plates? I can only do the ones where I stand, then toss a batarang at switches. Multiple pressure plates confuse me. I don't suppose there's any magic trick to do it without having to stand on them?

I like using the explosive gel for multi riddle switches. It's going to take me forever to find the 4th hostage.

I loved the story, great mix of characters. You can tell that they really focused on the beginning and ending. Next game should be a full Gotham City with vehicles to help move across the city. Imagine flying/driving around. And then throw in multiplayer and more random encounters. You could have human controlled Batman and Robin cruising around in the batmobile, maybe nightwing flying the batwing, and catwoman cruising around on a batcycle or something. Heck if they opened it up to the whole city, then they could have traffic and normal vehicles like GTA. Then it would be Batman jacking ice cream trucks or fighting crime in an el camino.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the villians werent fleshed out enough just like IGN said in their review.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think the worst was Two face, But hatter as I stated earlier was simply a side villain for a side quest and was pretty happy he even made it in. His sequence was pretty awesome. Two face was supposed to be huge in this game and was in it for five minutes, and then another five minutes for a half assed extra ending. Either way I still thought the story was pretty well done. I was happily surprised about the final boss encounter as well. I'm interested to see how difficult it is on hard.

Also the multiple pressure plates need to be activated without touching anything else. So most of the times you'll need to glide from one to the other without touching anything else. Also, there are some that require that you dive down on them from a high building to activate them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Starting to get bored with Madden. Any advice on a good franchise to start up?

I was thinking a fantasy draft where I wouldn't draft anyone over say 25 and would only allow myself 1 90+ and then one 85+.

Then I guess Locker, Mallet, or Cam (ugh) as my starting QB.
I like to load teams up with busts and no namers. I havent played Madden in a few years, but I had a couple with the likes of Byron Leftwich, Alex Smith, or David Carr as my QB. That kind of thing. I almost always sim the first season as well, so I could start with a stud rookie RB or something, or a beast LT.

Kind of more like an expansion type thing.

Pretend you're a new franchise and you're going through an expansion draft. There wouldnt be an amazing talent pool. That's always fun. I also dont do fantasy drafts, myself. I'd just edit my roster before entering a franchise, so everything is in place already and the league remains relatively true to form still. And then you could actually trade picks for a Mallet or something, for some added realism, instead of him just being on your team. Yup, my teams were always littered with guys that were 60s/70s starting, and a couple of good ones here and there. I thought it was fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to play some Gears or something by chance? Boring night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry MOTH, just finished a long gears session and need a break! I'm up to play any other night though! I'll be playing gears for months.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After 4 days of Arkham City I am at 60% complete.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know if I can still switch my MW3 preorder to the hardened edition at Gamestop? Cause if I can't I guess I'll cancel it and use the $10 I already have down for the regular edition for Arkham City instead and I'll preorder MW3 on Amazon.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I hope the next game Rocksteady does is a Batman Beyond game, but itll probably be another Batman game (with batmobile???) or Superman.
Eh, I'm not too big on Batman Beyond, to be honest, always liked the original concept of Batman better. It would also mean they'd have to reinvent the world they've created, and I love the one presented in the past two games. I think there would have to be a game between this one and one involving Batman Beyond stuff, maybe following the story-line where Bane breaks Batman.

In any case, there are still a lot of villains that could be used in the next games, depending on what type of story line they'd like to follow.

It will be tough to improve upon this game, though, it's just so entertaining and perfectly played out. The story never gets boring, every time something new comes up I'm excited to do it, I love seeing new characters pop up (even if it's just for a little while), and the side missions make the game feel sooooo much more complete.

As for Superman, I don't think he'd make for a great video game. He's the complete opposite of Batman, like a perfect being, so it's basically impossible for him to lose or something. Batman is much more vulnerable, both physically and psychologically, which is why this makes for such a great game. I think it'd be even better if your choices actually made a difference in the game, like altered the story a bit. People you meet in the game are killed/saved depending on what you do. Kind of like what happens with Harvey Dent and the chick in The Dark Knight movie.

In any case, if Rocksteady switches heroes, I'd love if they made a game about Spider-man. He's similar to Batman when it comes to being vulnerable, and he's one of the few characters who could also be sneaky/detective-like while still fighting bad guys. Mix the GTA Liberty City map with Arkham City style of game, and you're set. Maybe have the first game be the birth of Spiderman and having him learn abilities while fighting bad guys, then have his life start to crumble, as villains start emerging from his life (i.e. teacher becomes the Lizard, friend becomes the Green Goblin, classmate becomes Venom, etc.), and it could be a great game.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 10-22-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Has Rocksteady even said that they are making another Batman game?

If they do I would be curious to see how they would do it without the joker since Mark Hamill says he is retiring his Joker voice.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt finding a new voice actor would prevent the development of a new game. Game critics would rag on it, but when you think about it, it's not a huge deal.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well Joker wont be in the next game either way. If you look closely however in the steel mill you can see a pregnancy test which is postive next to Jokers desk and Harley's stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this, but apparently Azrael is the guy who, in the comics, defeats Bane after he leaves Bruce Wayne paralyzed.

Also, just realized that Black Mask gets his ass beat at the beginning of the game and Calendar Man is chilling in the basement of the courthouse.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

The Calendar Man achievement is annoying cause of how long it takes to do it.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Anyone know if I can still switch my MW3 preorder to the hardened edition at Gamestop? Cause if I can't I guess I'll cancel it and use the $10 I already have down for the regular edition for Arkham City instead and I'll preorder MW3 on Amazon.
Nobody knows???

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Nobody knows???
Shouldn't you ask Gamestop rather than a football message board?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so not ready for Battlefield 3. I've still got loads to do in Dark Souls and I haven't had a whole lot of free time lately. I'm not going to cancel my order on Amazon because they're giving a $20 credit...but it might sit for awhile. Probably the last title I'll buy until Christmas too. I'll have to play catch up on Assassin's Creed and Skyrim after that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is all getting BF3 this week?I'm waiting until I get next ( broke for now) But either this or MW3 .Tho Tue is gonna be a fun day to watch the boards as millions of complaints will be launched in .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The Calendar Man achievement is annoying cause of how long it takes to do it.
Wait till Halloween?

Quote:
Quote: