Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I haven't bought Madden in years, despite my love for playing NFL football, because I refuse to fork over $60 dollars (and I'm not particularly frugal, either) for what is essentially the same game with a few new tweaks. I expect more out of game developers, and as I said before, it's not just the CoD franchise. Innovation in video games has been lacking for a while now. I don't know what has caused it, but it does frustrate me a gamer to see how content we've all become with game developers essentially spitting out the same game day after day, year after year.

And I can be as guilty as anyone of this too. I may not buy Modern Warfare 3 at release, but I'm pretty damn sure I'll buy it at some point and play it. Same with any number of games like NBA 2k or the Halo franchise.

/rant
See before you couldn't send out patches over the internet and download and save them in massive HD. But over time it is possible. Before you had to spend tons of money on just testing. Pay guys to play for hours and find different ways to glitch the game and map. Now if you find something and don't have time to fix by ship date, they say f it, we'll send a patch out.

Innovation went with it, since mulitplayer is now a world wide thing. Before the most you could do 16 player, 4 xbox, 4 tvs. Then online changed everything and developers focus on online for basic games. RPG can't have much online play so they do focus on the story. I never was to much into RPGs, but I have started to appreciate them much more now.

The only thing I guess left for console is MMORPG.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
See before you couldn't send out patches over the internet and download and save them in massive HD. But over time it is possible. Before you had to spend tons of money on just testing. Pay guys to play for hours and find different ways to glitch the game and map. Now if you find something and don't have time to fix by ship date, they say f it, we'll send a patch out.

Innovation went with it, since mulitplayer is now a world wide thing. Before the most you could do 16 player, 4 xbox, 4 tvs. Then online changed everything and developers focus on online for basic games. RPG can't have much online play so they do focus on the story. I never was to much into RPGs, but I have started to appreciate them much more now.

The only thing I guess left for console is MMORPG.
That's part of the reason I have a ton of respect for developers like Blizzard and Bioware, who take an incredible amount of time developing there games and produce some of the most polished games around. That and they both realize the potential that single player and multiplayer bring to the table as a game developer.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you forenci, I thought GTA 4 would revive the franchise for me but it was just more of the same. Wont be getting GTA 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed GTA 4. A lot of people were turned off by the more serious tones, but I actually prefer it. It was still really over the top, just not as silly.

The Rockstar guys have matured over the years, as have their games...it will be interesting to see how they tackle GTA 5.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not excited at all for the new GTA game. But in saying that, I'll still be purchasing it because those games are super fun to mess around with.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this one will be good, but Megaman Legends will always be my favorite free roam game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I hope this one will be good, but Megaman Legends will always be my favorite free roam game.
Good call. I used to love playing that game. I should dig up my copy and play through it again.

For free roaming games, I always thought Saints Row is fun. No heavy story or plot, but its great for just messing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I really enjoyed GTA 4. A lot of people were turned off by the more serious tones, but I actually prefer it. It was still really over the top, just not as silly.

The Rockstar guys have matured over the years, as have their games...it will be interesting to see how they tackle GTA 5.
GTA4 was just overwhelming. Too much crap I felt like I had to do. I like just running around doing whatever the **** I want to in GTA. 4 kept spamming me with tasks while I was trying to have fun.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I understand that MW3 can be called ''the same game'', but I can't really come up with any big changes that hasn't already been incorporated into the game. I don't really think its a fair criticism to have against a game when its lifeblood is multiplayer. People pay for new map packs and the experience of playing the top multiplayer game with hundreds of thousands of people playing at the same time.

Gameplay changes? Vehicles? No, because its gunbased play is what the brand is all about. Nobody really cares too much about the single player, but they have given 4 different venues(New York, Paris, London, Germany) and scripted cinematic events with a slightly longer playtime. They added a horde type mode with their own innovated tweaks with seal teams and other stuff that can be purchased during the game to help you and friends fight.

Bottomline is that the matchmaking is tight. Xbox parties actually work. Lag isn't something that I've been bothered with since MW1 despite no dedicated servers. Plenty of new maps. Explosions like newbtubes are lessened. Killstreaks are now pointstreaks to help with teamplay. Frankly, if someone isn't satisfied with MW3's advances then they should buy a different game because I don't know what they want.
Exactly... COD is so popular for a reason.... What do people want its not like you can drastically change things like giving everyone a jet pack. Get better graphics, get better maps, improve gameplay and take out **** people abuse and the community hates. COD is all MP thats what makes it. Nobody wants vehicles, jet packs or any **** that drastically change gameplay.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rockstar is going to knock this out of the park. They should take some of what they did with L.A noire and Red Dead and try to find a way to put it in the game..... I really liked L.A noires driving mechanics and Red Deads character development.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still hard from that trailer, I have been flaming all of the GTA IV noobs on gtaforums for hours.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't get it... it looks like the same game as 3 and 4 and the other expansions, but with better graphics...
Did you expect a colony on mars njx? earth too mainstream for you?

I suck at hipster jokes.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't get it... it looks like the same game as 3 and 4 and the other expansions, but with better graphics...
If you haven't read through here, apparently thats all it takes to make fans happy now. People are defending Cod's development for christ sake, Activision is like the most evil company there is. They are moving towards having us pay for ******* servers and Cod stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really enjoyed a GTA game since Vice City.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If you haven't read through here, apparently thats all it takes to make fans happy now. People are defending Cod's development for christ sake, Activision is like the most evil company there is. They are moving towards having us pay for ******* servers and Cod stats.
As much as I hate EA Sports for raping madden. I do have to give EA props for their BF3 servers, and online stats.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a dog in the GTA trailer so it looks like they are at least using that from Red Dead, probably still can't kill it which would ruin my plans of dog hunting. They also need to add kids and give you the ability to kill them if you so desire.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I hate EA Sports for raping madden. I do have to give EA props for their BF3 servers, and online stats.
.....I just spent 10 mins trying to join a friend's game and had 5 different times where I couldn't spawn due to glitchiness...plus random lag. My connection is pretty flawless too.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
I saw a dog in the GTA trailer so it looks like they are at least using that from Red Dead, probably still can't kill it which would ruin my plans of dog hunting. They also need to add kids and give you the ability to kill them if you so desire.
Bounty the Doghunter?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats also one thing I didn't like about Fable, you can Orphan a whole town of children but you couldn't kill them.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Thats also one thing I didn't like about Fable, you can Orphan a whole town of children but you couldn't kill them.
The better question is why would you want to kill children? YOU SICK BASTARD!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

And children are always creepy in video games...

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield 3 is starting to piss me off. Whenever I boot the game it forgets all my profiles and thinks I'm logging on for the first time, I get booted out of games semi-regularly and sometimes can't even get into them. :\

Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Battlefield 3 is starting to piss me off. Whenever I boot the game it forgets all my profiles and thinks I'm logging on for the first time, I get booted out of games semi-regularly and sometimes can't even get into them. :\
seriously? I"m good. And I have a moderate NAT, since i'm using my laptop to connect.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The better question is why would you want to kill children? YOU SICK BASTARD!
So i wont feel the urge to kill them in real life duh...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
seriously? I"m good. And I have a moderate NAT, since i'm using my laptop to connect.
My NAT is completely open. In all honesty, the game could have used another six months worth of polishing/fixing these issues and others I've noticed.