Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, i notice my Xbox somehow stains my discs. After a while they look like they have dry water spots on them. Does anyone else know how this happens? I thought it was maybe just me leaving my game out, but i noticed it did it to my NCAA 12 copy also.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So, i notice my Xbox somehow stains my discs. After a while they look like they have dry water spots on them. Does anyone else know how this happens? I thought it was maybe just me leaving my game out, but i noticed it did it to my NCAA 12 copy also.
That used to happen to me on my original PlayStation, but I don't know what the issue is.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....looks like Bioware might be ******* up Mass Effect 3...

Other options;

Quote:
Action Mode: For those who want to emphasize action and combat and minimize story management. Action mode will set automatic replies in conversation and a normal difficulty.

Story Mode: For those who want to emphasize story immersion and minimize combat pressure. Story mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a minimal combat difficulty.

RPG Mode: For those who want to explore both realms of story and combat. RPG mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a normal combat difficulty.

That's absolutely terrifying.

But apparently the beta is leaked for those in the Xbox Live beta update preview thingy. I got in last week, but I had yet to submit my information due to being insanely busy this week. Really wish I had kept more on top of it. If it holds until I get in, I'm so downloading it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-04-2011 at 09:38 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it weird I don't mind the idea of that?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want to rage too hard...but it's wrong on so many levels.

-It's a compartmentalized approach to design. The one thing Mass Effect could stand to improve on is integrating all of the elements of the game into a more cohesive experience. This is a willful step backward. I'm of the opinion that you try to design the most complete, polished product that you can.

-It's clearly a partial play to grab the shooter audience. Integrating shooting mechanics into the game isn't only tolerable; it makes a lot of sense. The old approach to RPG combat is archaic at this point. Stats and customization is great but you can totally put those things into a combat system that gives you more control. The first two games were a great proof of concept of this....but the game should be an RPG. Offering a "shooter mode" kind of comprises the integrity of that.There's a plethora of shooters on to choose from on the market(and I enjoy a whole ton of them, don't get me wrong on that front). Do we really need that kind of thing? Especially after all the talking about putting more RPG elements back in leading up to this.

Maybe this is minor, but I'm not liking the sound of it at all. If Dragon Age 2 hadn't sucked so hard I might not be quite as worried, but that one kind of shook my faith a little bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-04-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have vacation for MW3 dropping Tuesday, what a loser I am. Oh well, don't have **** else to use it for so it's fun to act like a huge stoner for like 5 days straight and don't get off the couch except for more beer and snacks.

Once I get the first initial surge out of my system I'm cool to go back to a few hours after work. I'm a FPS guy so really excited from what I'm reading about the new perk set-up/options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup I just can't wait until Tue.Gonna be a boss of a day.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not excited at all. I'm sure it will be great, but I'm in no rush to play.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have vacation for MW3 dropping Tuesday, what a loser I am. Oh well, don't have **** else to use it for so it's fun to act like a huge stoner for like 5 days straight and don't get off the couch except for more beer and snacks.

Once I get the first initial surge out of my system I'm cool to go back to a few hours after work. I'm a FPS guy so really excited from what I'm reading about the new perk set-up/options.
I have off Tuesday and Friday of this coming week. Midnight release, play all day Tuesday, as much as possible the next two days then all day Friday. Hopefully I'm in the 30's by Monday(plan on stocking up on Double XP Dew & Dorritos). After that I'll be done "no-lifing" it as they say.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Looks like the Mass Effect 3 beta got taken down a few hours after it leaked. That's too bad, but that was such a serious derp by Microsoft that you had to expect as much. Still, I won't get to play :(

...but at least there's video.

There's ton's of bugs and placeholders as this is a internal thing I think(praying those choppy animations aren't anywhere near final), but it's still worth looking at if you're interested.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

....looks like Bioware might be ******* up Mass Effect 3...

Other options;

That's absolutely terrifying.

But apparently the beta is leaked for those in the Xbox Live beta update preview thingy. I got in last week, but I had yet to submit my information due to being insanely busy this week. Really wish I had kept more on top of it. If it holds until I get in, I'm so downloading it.
Honestly it's really not a big deal for me at all. I know there are people (like my brother) who always ***** about not liking BioWare games because they would rather just play than get bogged down in the conversation stuff. If this helps them experience the Bioware masterpiece more easily, I say go for it.

Me personally, I love the dialogue and conversation options, and will always take advantage of making decisions in a game.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

....that's the whole point though. Dialogue options aren't bogging it down, they're the core of the game. If people lack the patience to read through a maximum of 4 one line things and pick one, there's literally a whole slough of things on the market that don't require that. I have nothing against people not liking certain kinds of games. I do have something against trying to please everyone. That rarely goes well with games...or just about anything else.

I don't know. I still have hope. The actual video footage of the leak was far more encouraging than that entire thing, but still. I just really, really hope they don't screw this one up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about ME3 at all...I just want to play the complete experience, not some cut version which emphasizes just a portion of the game. Better make sure I choose the right mode. That complete mode, will still be as amazing as ever, guaranteed. ME3 is bound to feel like a larger ME2. They've pretty much perfected their gameplay vision and all the gameplay videos look very ME2 like. It's bound to play exactly the same and they were planning on cramming in some deeper RPG elements again. It's a win win.

Honestly, I really think it may feel like Mass Effect 2.5 for some. Kind of like what some people are saying about Uncharted 3. A lot of that has to do with the style of gameplay they have essentially perfected in the initial sequel. Everything should feel rather familiar.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-05-2011 at 05:02 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first screen for Alan Wake's Night Springs comes out on Monday.

It's an XBOX Live Arcade downloadable title. It uses the same engine as Alan Wake. Should be interesting to see what this is all about.

With this and "I Am Alive" releasing fairly soon, we could see the quality of XBLA games vastly improving. Looking more like actual full priced game releases on the graphical front.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-05-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I've got a ton to do until at least 630, but I'm fully expecting to be playing the game from 7-12.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition (original game + all dlc + undead nightmare) for 29.99 at BestBuy!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Sexy. RDR was such a fantastic experience. It suffers from that same tediousness that occurs in the latter part of all Rockstar games, but it's still one of the best games of this generation. I still never played Undead Nightmare...come to think of it, I havent played the GTA expansions, either. Great buy, though.

If you still have some cash...Amazon is selling L.A. Noire for $19.99 right now. Another fantastic deal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat LA Noire last week on a rental. I'll buy the Complete Edition for all the dlc when the price goes down to 20. Really enjoyed it and loved the Mad Men actors involved.

Anyone else gonna get MGS HD next week?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I beat LA Noire last week on a rental. I'll buy the Complete Edition for all the dlc when the price goes down to 20. Really enjoyed it and loved the Mad Men actors involved.

Anyone else gonna get MGS HD next week?
It's on my list, but as are a bunch of games.

I want all those HD remakes...MGS, RE4, Ico/SotC. I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday before I do any more video game shopping, though.

I've been putting off MGS4, because I havent played any of the previous games, actually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is just a shame MGS is going xbox . just a shame
Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

you should take a week off and play MGS1, MGS HD, MGS4 in a row. probably the greatest games ever created.

i really want RE4 HD but its download only so itll take me forever with my crappy internet.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
It is just a shame MGS is going xbox . just a shame
Doesnt really matter. It's a good thing actually. More people get to play it.

I've just been waiting for this thing to come out, regardless of console...because my PS2 died long ago, so I havent had a chance to play these games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-05-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Doesnt really matter. It's a good thing actually. More people get to play it.

I've just been waiting for this thing to come out, regardless of console...because my PS2 died long ago, so I havent had a chance to play these games.
Yea it kind of does to a sense with fans of series it has mostly been on play station for the most part. Some will enjoy it some will not . its a wonderful series I will be getting it for the vita .
Old 11-05-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

The more options gamers have the better it is. Fan boys might disagree, but for people like me with only the one console, it's kind of a disadvantage. I would love for PS guys to experience Gears of War and similarly I would love to experience Uncharted.

I think console exclusives are going to continue to reduce in frequency in the future though. Too much cash to be made by releasing it on 2-3 systems.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LA Noire is just such an awesome game, very unique. The ending was a bit disappointing, but otherwise I loved every second of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote