Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-08-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these new future IPs are killing me...I really need Quantic Dream to release an image and/or trailer for their new game already.

I wouldnt mind someone coming out with a new steampunk style game as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you see the first Alan Wake screenshot? I saw it posted on a new site the other day. Not really much to it, but it was great to see more Alan Wake.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I saw it....pretty cool that they're using the same engine build for a downloadable only game. I'm sure it will be fun, I just question the game's length and price.

Alan Wake was a good game...I was a little let down by it, because I had been waiting for that game ever since it was announced. And it wasnt everything I had hoped it would be. The combat/enemy types werent very varied, the story wasnt as good as I was hoping, and the character interaction in general, wasnt all that deep. Alice disappears way too early in the game...I wish there was more build up to it, a stronger opening. And they should have delved into Alan Wake as a character more. He was supposed to be more of a depressed dick and struggle with alcoholism...the story and the character of Wake himself, could have been much stronger.

I def. still really liked the game...I just wanted it to be more than it was.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure this thread would be full of COD.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Somebody steered them all to COD specific thread.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

EE brought it up a bit before...but these new consoles will be out before we know it. I never had the money to buy one right away, but I will now...never really went through the whole experience of buying one of these things on launch day. Not really looking forward to the process, either...and they're both going to be grossly overpriced right away, I'm sure. But I do believe I'll be picking them up as soon as they're readily available. The new Xbox most def, the PS4 will probably depend more on the first set of exclusives...I'm bound to get both again, anyway.

I'm starting to get a little excited to see the new hardware and expected exclusives.

I still dont see myself picking up a Wii U anytime soon, but some "hardcore" exclusives may be able to get me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be highly surprised if I don't end up with all of them at one point or another. At least access to them, anyway. But yeah, the new Xbox will be first on my priority list as well and I'll probably buy it on Day 1. I've never done that before either haha. Closest I've ever come was a week after the 360 launched. My Mom bought me one because a girl dumped me and I was sort of just loafing around the house. It was pretty much the best thing ever. We should hear something about dates and things for this stuff at the next E3...and it's really about time.

I killed Dark Souls. I actually had no idea I was that close to beating it. Thought I had quite a bit more to go. The ending wasn't fantastic, didn't really seem to have near as much build up as I thought it would. Certainly wasn't Fable bad though haha...but then again nothing is. Really not sure what to play next. I put 80 hours on Dark Souls in a little over a month. Playing anything else would just kind of feel weird haha. I've got Rage, Battlefield, and Shadow of the Colossus on deck right now. I'll probably end up playing Battlefield, but I need a little time to digest Dark Souls haha. That might require another playthrough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-08-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

80 hours is a haul for one playthrough. My Fallout 3 and Oblvion playthroughs dont touch 80 hours, and that is with all the side quests being completed. (At least in Fallout, but even if I finished all the side in Oblivion, it probably wouldn't have hit 80 hours)

For me, I'm going to finish Enslaved within the next few days and then move on to my bi-yearly Shenmue playthrough. lol. I'm actually really excited for it. No joke.

As for Enslaved...I'm really enjoying it, it's true that it could be a little rough, but it's a good game. I keep thinking back to Nier while I'm playing this for some reason. But imho, Nier > Enslaved. But they're both good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Well, 80 hours includes two start overs. The actual time on the clock was 66...but I did everything very inefficiently and with looking up very minimal information online. I'm willing to bet if I went back through it, I could pop it off in 25-30. I might just do that. It feels like there's so much more to do in it. Certainly not a bad value for my cash haha.

But yeah, I would really like to pick Nier up sometime. I've been kind of eyeing it for awhile. It'll probably be a bit as I still have tons of new releases to pick my way through, but it'll get done at some point for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I hear you man...I have so many games that I need to play yet. A good problem to have, at least. I still havent even played AC: Brotherhood yet. I kind of want to play AC2 again before it, but that seems so unnecessary. I also have Alpha Protocol, which I haven't touched yet. And I really want to get in some re-plays in Mass Effect 2, Prototype, Metro 2033, and the Darkness. Probably try to position those right in front of the upcoming sequels.

Then of course there are the games I want...in Skyrim, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Ico/SotC, RE4 remake, Metal Gear collection, Batman: AC, etc.

I think things get pretty quiet after Skyrim's release at least for a while...so there will be plenty of time to get some of these done. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop it MOTH. You are reminding me of all the games I've never finished :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, note to game publishers; release **** in the summer. This "Oh **** it, Holiday cram!" thing sucks for consumers haha. Of course, I'm sure there's some economic realities to the situation to, but besides LA Noire there really wasn't anything for some of those games to run up against. Seems like they could have easily gotten a few extra sales for one or two of those titles, which are just going to be buried under Call of Duty at this time of year anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have killed for batman or assassins creed revelations in June

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blame Rockstar for stopping publishers releasing games in Q2.

Last edited by Caddy : 11-08-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, note to game publishers; release **** in the summer. This "Oh **** it, Holiday cram!" thing sucks for consumers haha. Of course, I'm sure there's some economic realities to the situation to, but besides LA Noire there really wasn't anything for some of those games to run up against. Seems like they could have easily gotten a few extra sales for one or two of those titles, which are just going to be buried under Call of Duty at this time of year anyway.
...GTA 5 ;)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Played so much Gears again today.

I just can not get any sort of consistency...go 12 and 3 one game, 2 and 8 the next, and repeat. :/

It doesnt help that every so often you run into a 5 man party, against a bunch of level 90s and 100s.

I'm in a weird middle ground right now. I dominate against a certain crowd, but I'm a step below the better players. It just sucks that I can take out the last 4 guys by myself in one game, and then get hit for like 11 deaths in the next. sigh. I dont think I'm ever getting over the hump.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I've been too busy to play lately :(

Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, its been tough for me as well. I'm starting a new job tonight, so a lot of my playing is going to be during the day for me.

Not that it matters, but it's double XP for another week yet. I could really care less about that, but just an FYI.

This game frustrates me...because I dont think I'm bad, and I know all the ins and outs of the game. I've had beast games before...But when I run into a real good party, it's just an utter beat down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I will be refraining from playing Xbox (except the odd game of BF3) until the 15th. Then I'm free until March from the oppressive university system!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If those buy two get one free deals didnt have three games of your liking, Toys R Us is offering a nice alternative. If you buy two $59.99 games, you get a $40 gift card.

I'm thinking I may go for Batman: AC, NBA 2K12, and the Ico/SotC collection for the PS3. That is, if I decide to go with this deal. I have a buddy who told me K-Mart is having a buy 1 get one 1 half off deal next week on all their games. Including Skyrim and AC: Revelations and every other new release.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy 2 get 1 free deals should start happening soon with all the christmas shopping going on.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I will be refraining from playing Xbox (except the odd game of BF3) until the 15th. Then I'm free until March from the oppressive university system!
Yea I have cut my hours WAY down as well. I do play a few hours on weekends though. But my heavy gaming won't come until December 15th.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just beat Enslaved...It wasnt always the smoothest experience, the gameplay isnt the sharpest our there. But it was very enjoyable, it's just a really good game. Uncharted, Beyond Good and Evil, and Nier mash up of sorts.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-09-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently if you kill the Asylum Demon in Dark Souls from the very beginning, before going through with the rest of the tutorial, you get his hammer/mace.

I unfortunately don't have the stats required to use it correctly and therefore it slows me down a lot and I can't swing it fast enough for it to be useful. Still, I'm excited to use it in the future.

I love the game, but damn is it frustrating at first. Takes a while to get the hang of it.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Apparently if you kill the Asylum Demon in Dark Souls from the very beginning, before going through with the rest of the tutorial, you get his hammer/mace.

I unfortunately don't have the stats required to use it correctly and therefore it slows me down a lot and I can't swing it fast enough for it to be useful. Still, I'm excited to use it in the future.

I love the game, but damn is it frustrating at first. Takes a while to get the hang of it.

Wait, you pulled that off? God damn man. That's pretty impressive. I've given it a few shots and haven't been able to kill him the first time, except in New Game Plus(Killed him in three hits. Very satisfying haha). Major props on that.

There's defiantly a learning curve, but it's seriously addicting. I have other games I could be playing right now and can't put it down.

R.I.P. Junior Seau