Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have a good engine and base to build from. I'd like to see them do something more creative with it. AC2 showed huge improvements, but Brotherhood was a disappointment. I really haven't followed Revelations, is there anything new?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
They have a good engine and base to build from. I'd like to see them do something more creative with it. AC2 showed huge improvements, but Brotherhood was a disappointment. I really haven't followed Revelations, is there anything new?
Hmmm, so far its 1 city, but a huge one compared to brotherhood, no horse so far. I've only played 3-4 missions, I'm opening up the city first and building my army of assassins.

As far as maps go so far AC:2 has the biggest, they had like 3-4 cities you could travel in between. Revelations already seems bigger than Brotherhood, and a lot more things to do in it.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****! I just attacked the Pyromancer in the Firelink Shrine and will have to pay 80,000 souls to restore him to a passive state.

There goes my leveling up. Stupid skeletons.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
****! I just attacked the Pyromancer in the Firelink Shrine and will have to pay 80,000 souls to restore him to a passive state.

There goes my leveling up. Stupid skeletons.
The worst mistake I made was attacking the guy who sells pardons haha. That slip of the finger cost me quite a few hours.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would kill for an Final Fantasy type RPG for the 360. I miss those kinds of RPGs. Oh well, time to bust out the SNES I guess! Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana here I come!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would kill for an Final Fantasy type RPG for the 360. I miss those kinds of RPGs. Oh well, time to bust out the SNES I guess! Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana here I come!
FF 13!

Oh wait. That wasn't a final fantasy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assasians Creed 2 was a dope ass game, some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game, maybe a top 10 game of all time for me.

With that said I just don't really feel like returning to the same era, not enough change to warrant me paying for the most recent two titles. Maybe I'll take them home from work one weekend, beat them, and bring them back.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, I really didn't enjoy Assassin's Creed 2. Played it for 3-4 hours, never touched it again. This may be because I hated the first one.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Call me crazy, I really didn't enjoy Assassin's Creed 2. Played it for 3-4 hours, never touched it again. This may be because I hated the first one.
Yeah the first one sucked, the controls were so basic, the only fun part was jumping off really high ****. The 2nd one built on the first ones gameplay, I really love the combat system.

I think I'm in the small minority in saying Assasians Creed 2 > Arkham Asylum. AC2 did everything AA did, but better, and more fluid.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
have u heard anything on the 2 games that company is suppose to be making now?
They'll both be PS3 exclusives. That's about all the info there is to know right now. I posted earlier that if Sony pushes the PS4 out the door in that 2012/2013 window, that I wouldnt be surprised at all if Quantic Dream's next game would be a launch title for that thing. Quantic Dream is one of the most innovative and tech savy developers there is, David Cage and crew would literally jump at the chance to start developing immediatly on the new hardware.

I really cant wait for their next title. I've been a big Quantic Dream fan since Omikron and Indigo Prophecy is one of my all-time favorites.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AC2 was a brilliant game. The improvement from the first game to the second was outstanding. I dont really understand what you guys mean, exactly. You dont understand the story outside of the Animus? It's pretty straight forward, and the story is actually pretty damn awesome and is so deep/detailed throughout all of history. I loved the present day parts and was always happy to step out of the Animus. The fact that Altair's/Ezio's abilities bleed into Desmond in the real world with prolonged Animus use is freaking awesome and damned brilliant. It's all setting things up for you to play as Desmond in a present area and to finally end the confrontations between the Assassins and Templars. Desmond is slowing turning into "the Ultimate Assassin".

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said I didn't understand the Animus part. I said I didn't like it. It really breaks the immersion for me. I'm all for Sci Fi but I just don't really care for the Animus part of the story.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's a story within a story...the interruptions to bring you back to the present day just add more to the overall story. I eagerly awaited being woken up, because we got to learn more about what the "real world" or present world is really like, and seeing Desmond get stronger was awesome.

I dont know, I just love how the story is told. And the Animus is a fantastic twist on everything. If they really pull off this type of story, where you can play in the 12th century, 15th century, 16th century, etc...with past events potentially all culminating in some extensive 21st century play. That is just an awesome feat, of epic scale. The thought of playing as Desmond as a modern day Assassin, in a modern day city is awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh AC in a modern context would be pretty amazing. Jumping around a modern day N.Y. or similar city would just be phenomenal.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Pre-Black Friday deals.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $29.99 on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ID=1312731&SID

Bioshock 2 Limited Edition $9.50 and free shipping on Bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BioShock...1312731&loc=01

Includes BioShock 2, vinyl 180g LP with BioShock orchestral score, audio CD with BioShock 2 orchestral score, three vintage Rapture advertisement posters and a 164-page BioShock 2 hardcover art book

Two Worlds 2 $14.99 on newegg. Free shipping.

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail...erTheSale#Elec

Batman: Arkham Aslyum GOTY 3D edition $14.99 on newegg. Free shipping.

Dead Rising 2: Limited Edition $19.99 on newegg. Free shipping.

Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case
- Zombrex "Syringe" pen
- Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex "Safety" card
- Zombrex "Prospectus" Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

edit...I'm not even into collector's editions. They're pointless...but I decided to get the Bioshock 2 one for only $10. Why the hell not? I already own and beat the game as well...but again, it's only $10, for something that originally retailed for $100.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-21-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Still playing Shenmue. Logged 10 hours in 3 days. Been playing really late nights and getting wrapped up in it. Just like old times.

I'm not too sure if I'll be playing Shenmue 2 right after this, though. I'm leaning toward no right now. Batman: Arkham City and Skyrim came in the mail today. I may decide to go with one of them next.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ordered MGS HD for 30!

Moth, go with Batman first since Skyrim will take you forever to play.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Just ordered MGS HD for 30!

Moth, go with Batman first since Skyrim will take you forever to play.
haha. I agree man. I really do need to set aside a lot of time to play Skyrim. It may be one of those games I sit on for a while.

As for something else...I made another pre-Black Friday purchase. Picked up Mafia 2 for $8 via Gamefly.

edit...also picked up Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and Homefront for $15 total on Gamefly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-22-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another MGS HD collection deal. This one via Amazon.com. $29.99 free shipping.

I'm very tempted.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Bioshock 2 for about 10 bucks....is it worth the buy? Do I have to play the first one to understand the story?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Saw Bioshock 2 for about 10 bucks....is it worth the buy? Do I have to play the first one to understand the story?
Dammit man, you should have saw the deal I posted yesterday. It was $9.50 for the limited edition version. A lot of extra **** and what not, used to sell for $100. haha. But that's sold out.

But yeah, the standard edition is well worth it for $10 anyway. No you dont need to play the first to get the story...that said, you should probably pick up the first game. It's one of the best games on the current consoles. A real masterpiece. Visiting Rapture for the first time is really something amazing. Bioshock 2, kind of plays like Bioshock 1.5, rehashing a lot of what you saw in the first game. But I still really enjoyed it, and it was well received by critics.

You could probably pick up the original Bioshock for about $9-10 used at a Gamestop.

Oh, and Bioshock: Infinite, the third game in the series due out next year, looks amazing. You should check out the gameplay video they released if you havent. I'm a big fan of the series.

It's all good if you decide to play Bioshock 2 first, because the games have different non-continuing storylines. It's just that the original, is one of the greatest games of this generation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-22-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....that settles is...I'll be getting Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

Gtdamn it...so many games...so little time. I wanna play the AC series...Bioshock looks good...Skyrim is rly up my ally...and I gotta add FF-XIII to my FF collection...and add DMC 4 to my collection.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
haha. I agree man. I really do need to set aside a lot of time to play Skyrim. It may be one of those games I sit on for a while.

As for something else...I made another pre-Black Friday purchase. Picked up Mafia 2 for $8 via Gamefly.

edit...also picked up Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and Homefront for $15 total on Gamefly.
Have you ever played mafia 2?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played the demo. It's well worth $8. haha.

If you guys dont have a problem buying used, gamefly is a having a black friday special today. But two used games, get $12 off. A lot of the great games are gone, but they still have some decent ones in stock.

You could literally get Homefront and Brink for $1.04 or Homefront and Red Faction: Armageddon for $3.16.

I wish I knew it was only one use per person, because I was about to buy inFAMOUS 2 and Yakuza 3. Dammit.

But yeah, take advantage of this guys.

http://www.gamefly.com/Store/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going through now and playing mafia 2 for the 2nd time and I still enjoy it. I know alot of people didnt like it bc they felt like it could have been better and had more stuff to do outside the main story. Its kinda like L.A Noire and that there is a big open world but not the only thing to really do is the main story. If you like games with storys or stuff about mafia then its a great deal.