Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
idk why people only complain about Madden, NBA 2k hasn't changed anything in at least 4 years(last time i bought it)
The 2K games are of amazing quality...so the limited changes they make from year to year dont go as noticed. Madden is **** and has been for years, all while still making no real improvements.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just traded in BF3 and Madden 12 for Skyrim. Was gonna get the regular one but then I saw the big ass box for the collector's edition and I was like "0.0 THAT ONE...I WANT THAT ONE!!!"

Payed $61 for it...so not so bad lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The 2K games are of amazing quality...so the limited changes they make from year to year dont go as noticed. Madden is **** and has been for years, all while still making no real improvements.
Exactly. Did anybody else play the abortion NBA Elite demo? Exactly.

Basketball is free-flowing, so I assume that it's (much) harder to code AI interaction. In football, every player starts from a fixed point at the beginning of the play. I really don't know anything about programming, so I'm just talking about of my ass.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and then defensive AI is a nightmare.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
football would generally be far more difficult to program AI for, because of the nature of contact. in the nba, there might be some bumping/jostling, but at a much lower level, and in much more predictable ways. the fixed positioning isn't really relevant. take, for instance, a zone block from your LT. then, the defending player (human) moves their DE to the other side of the screen. now what? you have to dynamically re-calculate the blocking algorithm on the fly, to ensure that your LT doesn't try to run to the other side of the screen to block someone. same idea for a FB on a lead block. whereas, if i'm going to block someone out, you could, say, program in a small zone. if an opposing player enters a small area circle around an ai player, the ai player could react to that player alone without caring it was the opposing center or a PG.

that's at a really, really simple level.
And this is why I put that disclaimer.

Makes sense as to why blocking schemes are all kinds of stupid on these video games, though.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, football physics and AI are a nightmare with all the things occurring on the field at one given time. I don't think that gives them a pass on not doing it though. The majority of their year to year work is design stuff, implementing non-gameplay features that really don't take a whole lot of time to do. The fact that the actual gameplay is virtually untouched year to year(aside from one or two subtle changes they hype the **** out of that usually ends up not happening all that frequently anyway) is pretty inexcusable. $60+ a year from millions should be enough to invest some of it back into improving their product.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how it seems they swap out features. Like the passing cone and the highlight stick got taken out in favor for w.e. the hell is in there now. I kept stiff arming smashing the A button thinking it would be the speed burst.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those with NBA 2k12, have they added the rookies to the roster yet?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
For those with NBA 2k12, have they added the rookies to the roster yet?
they have added some of them and others will do as they sign contracts and did like 6 roster updates since the lockup ended
Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got nba 2k12, i suck a$$ even on pro. o we'll only cost me 20 bucks so.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
just got nba 2k12, i suck a$$ even on pro. o we'll only cost me 20 bucks so.
2k is a tough game to learn. You have to actually run plays and move the ball around to be effective. That's what makes it so great.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know about all that...I dont really run any plays at all. And I still dominate. :D

That said, the removal of the hop step has changed things a bit for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't jump stop?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Apparently you can do it with the shot stick and it's more of a timed layup thing or something. I'm not a fan.

That said, the hop step was so cheap anyway...it's just a big ole travel anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what games did everyone get for christmas?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Apparently you can do it with the shot stick and it's more of a timed layup thing or something. I'm not a fan.

That said, the hop step was so cheap anyway...it's just a big ole travel anyway.
Yeah, hitting the Y button to hop step was easily the most annoying and abused part of the 2K series. I'm really glad they changed it. If you hit left trigger while going toward the basket and left or right on the shot stick it initiates the hop step. It's much more difficult to pull of which I think is good.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
what games did everyone get for christmas?
I pretty much bought everything I wanted for myself, but family/friends got me...Yakuza 3 (bought 4 on BF), Ico/SotC collection, Demon's Souls, Kinect Sports season 1 + 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyrim for me, and I'll be trading in NCAA Football 2012 for either GoW3 or MW3 sometime this week I imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If you get GOW3...hit me up to play, brother.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Here are the ones I got all for the ps3

uncharted 3
deus ex
resistance 3
tiger '12
wwe '11
The Godfathers Don Edition
Fallout New Vegas
Move Sports Champs
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I would really like to play Metal Gear Solid, but I missed the first title and don't have any way of jumping in. The story seems waaaay too complicated to just pop in at the second one.
Snake Eater (MGS3) and Peace Walker are prequels. So if you wanna jump into the series, I'd start there.

From there, I'd try to get a copy of the original MGS1 and play it on a PS2 or something. MGS2 simply will not make sense unless you've played MGS1. And MGS1 is still the 1a to Ocarina of Time's 1b as far as "greatest games ever made" is concerned.

I actually think you'll have a lot of appreciation for MGS1 and MGS2 if you play Snake Eater and Peace Walker first.

Unrelated to the above, but I got some Turtle Beach X-12s for Xmas. They're ******* awesome.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Skyrim for me, and I'll be trading in NCAA Football 2012 for either GoW3 or MW3 sometime this week I imagine.
I'm about > < close to trading NCAA in, but I know I'll get football game cravings in the middle of the offseason.

I also got Halo 3 for, like, $5 used. So we should, you know, get on that.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I'm about > < close to trading NCAA in, but I know I'll get football game cravings in the middle of the offseason.

I also got Halo 3 for, like, $5 used. So we should, you know, get on that.
I am SO down to merc some kids on Halo 3, old school style. I get back to Ottawa tomorrow. E-sesh's and Halo 3????
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
I am SO down to merc some kids on Halo 3, old school style. I get back to Ottawa tomorrow. E-sesh's and Halo 3????
Yais. (10)
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have an old Halo 3 copy hanging around if you guys want me to join in.