Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I tried the command and conquer 3 demo way back when and couldn't even get more than one unit to move at a time and I couldn't successfully click on any buildings. So I just bought it for the PC and found it to work just fine.

The moral of the story: Im probably not going to even try the Halo Wars demo.
Halo Wars was designed for consoles while C&C 3 was most likely a port from PC with a change in control. Halo Wars is being done by Ensemble Studios (Age of Empires series) so it could be good.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...heaper/1286173

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I think the news came out yesterday, but Bioware has officially announced the sequel to Mass Effect is under development. I'd be more excited if I actually played the first one, but still pretty good news.
I have this game. I barely played it. It's not really my type of game, but I gave it a chance due to the good reviews. I'd sell it to anyone here if they're interested. PM me if you want it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Whomecouldntbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Quote:
Although lower prices might seem like good news for consumers, Greenwald sounds a warning note. Lower prices would eat into publishers' profit margins, he says, as "development and publishing costs would stay virtually flat, while sales would take a 20% hit."
Wah wah. Huge games will be fine, while smaller games will do even better because more people will be willing to shell out 50 than 60. It makes it so much easier to impulse buy when the price tag is under $50, so I'm probably going to end up buying a lot more games. As soon as the price jumps over $50, I have to think about it, though.

This is better for smaller developers, because what happens with their unhyped games is that they sit around shelves and don't sell for a couple months until the price is dropped, anyways. And by then most people have just rented the game and beat it. This way more people may be willing to give things a try that they normally wouldn't more often.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm not willing to spend $60 dollars on a certain game, I doubt I'm gonna spend $50 dollars on it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
If I'm not willing to spend $60 dollars on a certain game, I doubt I'm gonna spend $50 dollars on it.
Game stop is your friend. If market value of a brand new game is 60 bucks, they'll usually sell them used for 50-55 ish. If the MV is 50, they'll sell for 40ish. Buy an edge card and take an extra 10% off, and you're paying 38 dollars for a game that just came out.

Lucky me, my younger brother works at game stop, so that's an extra 15% off of used games. FTW.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Game stop is your friend. If market value of a brand new game is 60 bucks, they'll usually sell them used for 50-55 ish. If the MV is 50, they'll sell for 40ish. Buy an edge card and take an extra 10% off, and you're paying 38 dollars for a game that just came out.

Lucky me, my younger brother works at game stop, so that's an extra 15% off of used games. FTW.
Yeah I always pick up games that I want to play but aren't worth the $60 dollars new. A Hastings close to me have a buy two get one free on used games so I usually pick up 3 games for $40-60. Gamestop has this deal from time to time.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Whomecouldntbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Luckily, however, you're not 90% of people. I work in retail, and you'd be surprised how many people will be an inferior product if it is just $10 less than the other item. People are weird.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Halo Wars demo good? I'm about to go download and play it but when I come back I want some opinions to compare....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Is the Halo Wars demo good? I'm about to go download and play it but when I come back I want some opinions to compare....
I haven't played it yet but I plan to when I get out of class. I read in some forums that theres a video on Inside Xbox or whatever that tells you tips and other stuff to have more fun in the demo. Might wanna watch it before playing.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gameplay seems very generic, haven't noticed anything much to shout about. The cutscenes were cool tho, and it is c & c with halo characters so that's always a plus.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard anything about the next COD game?

My brother was telling me that it's gonna be futuristic with aliens and ****? If it is, boy am i gonna be upset..
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently it's a straight sequel mate, I read something about it on the cracked forums but im about to leave work so no time to go find the link soz :(
Old 02-06-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the next COD game?

My brother was telling me that it's gonna be futuristic with aliens and ****? If it is, boy am i gonna be upset..
I thought i posted about this a few weeks ago and u responded to it, its going to be Modern Warfare 2

http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14280895.html

Old 02-07-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

been playing GTA4 online lately, i forgot how epic this game was online

Old 02-07-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question on Halo Wars: Will BT's Dad play it?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone seen this yet? It's gonna be available for 800 MS points of $9.99.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha that looks awesome.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I found the Halo Wars demo pretty boring, but I never found RTS single player campaigns fun. I'll probably avoid this one though; micromanagement with a controller is fail.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Whomecouldntbe

NHL 09 Arcade:

Looks fun as long as you have two people. No real single player fun, as you can't keep stats, have a tourny, etc.

You just get to choose a team of three from all stars, and play individual games.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/951/951690p1.html
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Theres suppose to be 3 more maps for COD W@W and another new zombie level exciting!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Theres suppose to be 3 more maps for COD W@W and another new zombie level exciting!
It's about time. I was tired of the old one.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

COD4>every other game

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
COD4>every other game
I like to switch it up between Halo and COD4. Halo I like because i can have 4 people on one screen, playing online together.

COD4 because its different it has a semi-realistic feel.

One game I still haven't seen is a team based shooter, where you actually have to use team work, but it can be fast paced. But that would never work online because there is alway one or 2 jackass who think they are Rambo.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The news of a Mass Effect 2 is actually pretty disgusting...the first game was pretty fun, especially the first time through, but full of glitches and freezes. They sold it on the basis that there would be a ton of downloadable content..and then came up with one extra mission that cost 10 dollars and took about an hour to get through. Just blatant lies from these gaming companies.

Epic as well. I'm sure at one point they made an announcement along the lines of "Gears of War 2's multiplayer won't be absolutely terrible in comparison to 1." But they were wrong. Watching episodes of Arrested Development on hulu in between 5 minute matches against cheaters got old reeeeaaaaal fast.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote