Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
But that would never work online because there is alway one or 2 jackass who think they are Rambo.
I was playing BTDM on halo last night and some dude had 45 kills to 2 deaths. That dude was ******* Rambo if I've ever seen him.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am Rambo when i play COD

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Epic as well. I'm sure at one point they made an announcement along the lines of "Gears of War 2's multiplayer won't be absolutely terrible in comparison to 1." But they were wrong. Watching episodes of Arrested Development on hulu in between 5 minute matches against cheaters got old reeeeaaaaal fast.
I don't have a problem with Gears 2 online at all other than the occasional laggy game. However I usually group up with 2-3+ people then it grows in to a party of 5. It doesn't take long for me to find games at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I am Rambo when i play COD
Everyone is Rambo when they play cod. COD is such an overrated FPS, especially when you can just chunk grenades across the map and get kills.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I don't have a problem with Gears 2 online at all other than the occasional laggy game. However I usually group up with 2-3+ people then it grows in to a party of 5. It doesn't take long for me to find games at all.

Everyone is Rambo when they play cod. COD is such an overrated FPS, especially when you can just chunk grenades across the map and get kills.
Thats why you play HardCore mode. Yeah they need to expand the map size so you can't throw grenades like 100 yards.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just have to know not to run the way the noob tubes go, its not that hard. I dont get how people get mad when they get tubed 3 times in a row running the exact same way every round, when theyre dumb enough to go the same exact way each time. And im talking about hardcore search n destroy.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just have to know not to run the way the noob tubes go, its not that hard. I dont get how people get mad when they get tubed 3 times in a row running the exact same way every round, when theyre dumb enough to go the same exact way each time. And im talking about hardcore search n destroy.
ahhah...sometime you can't avoid it like the boat.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noob-toobing is just too much fun sometimes, knowing that it irritates the hell out of some players.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not talking about noob tubes, I'm talking about people who spam x3 frag grenades. Grenade launchers in any shooter are ridiculous but they should be. You're shooting a grenade at someone. COD is a good game, theres just a few shooters I like better. People act like COD is the greatest thing since slice bread.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not talking about noob tubes, I'm talking about people who spam x3 frag grenades. Grenade launchers in any shooter are ridiculous but they should be. You're shooting a grenade at someone. COD is a good game, theres just a few shooters I like better. People act like COD is the greatest thing since slice bread.
What games do you have in mind that are better
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ahhah...sometime you can't avoid it like the boat.
You can always just stay put at spawn until the tubes are done and then go....
Old 02-11-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
You can always just stay put at spawn until the tubes are done and then go....
they are never gone...I have done this personally, get 3x Frag grenades, then overkill, pick m-16 with nub tube, and then another gun with numb tube m-4 works pretty good. Now you have 7 things that can go boom. FIRE AWAY, most likely you'll die by the time you get all 7 done, and then you start over with another 7.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they are never gone...I have done this personally, get 3x Frag grenades, then overkill, pick m-16 with nub tube, and then another gun with numb tube m-4 works pretty good. Now you have 7 things that can go boom. FIRE AWAY, most likely you'll die by the time you get all 7 done, and then you start over with another 7.
Last time I checked you can't have tubes and 3x frag, so...I don't know where the " I have done this personally" thing is coming from. And chances are, if you can't deal with either one of those, you're probably not very good. Any time somebody is tubing too much on the other team, I'll whip out my double tube class, and I'm going to be better than them. Otherwise I don't use them because there not as fun as shooting somebody.

And by the way, hardcore search is the best game mode I've played online for any game.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What games do you have in mind that are better
I like CS 1.6 and Source, Halo 3, Rainbow 6 Las Vegas 2, and Resistance 2 better. Those are only the FPS.

I'm not saying COD is a bad game. I play World at War quite a bit (I love WW2 era).

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-11-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nades are pretty easy to avoid, unless you're playing Shipment or Wet Work. I never noob tube, i prefer bandolier, but the maps aren't even that small anyway. W@W exaggerated with the maps though, some of them are huge. Outside a few kinks, i think COD4 is the perfect shooter game.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any1 have NCAA Basketball 09? Do you like it? Does it have online dynasty? After watching my blue devils beat UNC in the first half, I really want to buy this game or atleast try it out

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Nades are pretty easy to avoid, unless you're playing Shipment or Wet Work. I never noob tube, i prefer bandolier, but the maps aren't even that small anyway. W@W exaggerated with the maps though, some of them are huge. Outside a few kinks, i think COD4 is the perfect shooter game.
Wont have many small maps on a War game

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They're easy to avoid unless the grenade is cooked right. I strongly disagree about the perfect shooter. I think it's a mediocre shooter with awesome customization. I don't really like most of the maps on both COD4 and COD5.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wont have many small maps on a War game
Meh. I think it was a huge drop off in quality.

Quote:
They're easy to avoid unless the grenade is cooked right. I strongly disagree about the perfect shooter. I think it's a mediocre shooter with awesome customization. I don't really like most of the maps on both COD4 and COD5.
What's so mediocre about it? And what maps do you have an issue with?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that the Call of Duty franchise failed to implement a cover system has always annoyed the **** out of me. Until they add that aspect to the game it's nowhere near the perfect shooter.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
The fact that the Call of Duty franchise failed to implement a cover system has always annoyed the **** out of me. Until they add that aspect to the game it's nowhere near the perfect shooter.
Who cares? Cover systems do nothing but slow the game down to the point where it becomes unbearable.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Who cares? Cover systems do nothing but slow the game down to the point where it becomes unbearable.
Judging from my post, I clearly care, what kind of D-bag response was that?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Meh. I think it was a huge drop off in quality.

What's so mediocre about it? And what maps do you have an issue with?
I hate their radar system, UAV/Recon Planes, Artillery, and Helicopters/Dogs, the hit boxes seem to be crap (this may be just lag on Xbox Live, haven't played it much on PC), and the guns mostly seem the same. I don't really like sniping in the game either. That is what comes to my mind right now. As for maps I can't stand Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Shipment, Wet Work. Ambush, Overgrown, and Vacant are decent maps but I don't like to play them a lot.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Judging from my post, I clearly care, what kind of D-bag response was that?
I care as well. Cover systems are win.

To Boston, you stand up in the open while I take cover, and we'll see who will get shot first :P

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I care as well. Cover systems are win.

To Boston, you stand up in the open while I take cover, and we'll see who will get shot first :P
A gamez not funz unlezz u rack up 175 killz per mach duhzzzzzzz
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A gamez not funz unlezz u rack up 175 killz per mach duhzzzzzzz
I love Gears of War 2 because dying means something other than getting more nades and ammo.

Sig by Hitman D.