Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can use cover without having a cover system. Games like Gears and Rainbow Six use a cover sysem extensively, and for COD to implement anything like that, it would have to be better, or it would considered comptetely pointless.

People play COD for the faster gameplay and the more 'frantic' style for which it offers. Going away from this would be a mistake and it would probably end up being lost in the shuffle with other similar games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I love Gears of War 2 because dying means something other than getting more nades and ammo.
And yes, I too enjoy games that are decided by whoever gets to the best weapon first...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 02-11-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Call of Duty theme is suppose to be a fast paced shooter, look back at call of duty sine the first one. It was competing before with Medal of Honor, and at that time the only games with cover systems were Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6.

I like RB 6, but its just call of duty has much better detail to the game, guns and map area.

Also how many people use the cover system, in RB 6 vegas, and Gears, compared to the number of people that just run around and shoot.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
And yes, I too enjoy games that are decided by whoever gets to the best weapon first...
It's better than dying by a better gun to a higher ranked player because you haven't unlocked the weapon in the game you paid $60 dollars for. Also if you just try to take the weapon in gears 2 without clearing it, most likely you're going to die. Unless you are playing with bad people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
The Call of Duty theme is suppose to be a fast paced shooter, look back at call of duty sine the first one. It was competing before with Medal of Honor, and at that time the only games with cover systems were Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6.
Yeah I understand that. I prefer cover systems but if all games have it theres not a lot difference. I didn't mention a lack of cover system in my cons about the game for that reason.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-11-2009 at 10:52 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's better than dying by a better gun to a higher ranked player because you haven't unlocked the weapon in the game you paid $60 dollars for. Also if you just try to take the weapon in gears 2 without clearing it, most likely you're going to die. Unless you are playing with bad people.
How long have you played COD?

Hitman D

Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How long have you played COD?
I have all the weapons unlocked, I just hate the idea of having to unlock them. I paid for the game, why can't I use them right away?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
I have all the weapons unlocked, I just hate the idea of having to unlock them. I paid for the game, why can't I use them right away?
It kind of defeats the point of the whole class system... If you don't want to do it again, don't. It doesn't take that long to reach 55...

Hitman D

Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It kind of defeats the point of the whole class system... If you don't want to do it again, don't. It doesn't take that long to reach 55...
Unlocking weapons defeats the point of being able to set up classes choosing your gun, perks and such? I have to disagree there.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gives you something to work for, you rank up, you obtain a new gun with new perks. People with a higher rank will of course have more weapons to choose from but it doesn't necessarily make them better than you. I don't see what you dont get about it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People play COD for the faster gameplay and the more 'frantic' style for which it offers. Going away from this would be a mistake and it would probably end up being lost in the shuffle with other similar games.

Really? COD never struck me as a frantic FPS in the way a game like Unreal is.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
It gives you something to work for, you rank up, you obtain a new gun with new perks. People with a higher rank will of course have more weapons to choose from but it doesn't necessarily make them better than you. I don't see what you dont get about it.
I never said I don't get it but just that I don't like it. As I said, I paid for the game so I shouldn't have to unlock any weapons in multiplayer. I don't understand what you don't get about what I said :P

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Really? COD never struck me as a frantic FPS in the way a game like Unreal is.
Ha. Depends on how you play.

Hitman D

Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I do have to say though, Kill Cam is one of the greatest features in a shooter.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do have to say though, Kill Cam is one of the greatest features in a shooter.
not if you play hardcore, you don't get killcam. But thats why I play hardcore mostly People actually die when i shoot them with a shot gun.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
not if you play hardcore, you don't get killcam. But thats why I play hardcore mostly People actually die when i shoot them with a shot gun.
Yeah I know it's not there in hardcore but it's an awesome feature.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
No doubt. I can pretty much tell you exactly where I was shot from every time I die. After awhile you begin to know every possibilty on every map, and somehow it's still fun. Well, lately I've begun to get sick of it, but it took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Hitman D

Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

We were talking about noob tubes earlier and I'm currently dominating people with one in Socom. It's so funny to use.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get far cry and you get the semi auto noob tube, the gayest weapon in video game history.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
Get far cry and you get the semi auto noob tube, the gayest weapon in video game history.
Wow sounds ridiculous. I think the Hammer of Dawn is the gayest weapon in a multiplayer game.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Halo players add my new account. Or for any football game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
All Halo players add my new account.
Ok........
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Street Fighter IV and GTA IV Lost and Damned came out today. Can't wait to pick them up later. Been waiting for SF IV forever.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Boo for having to unlock characters. GG Capcom!

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how long it takes to be allowed to prestige again on COD4? +rep!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to be allowed to prestige again on COD4? +rep!
What exactly do you mean? 55 levels......about a day of playing......are they adding more prestiges past gold cross?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
What exactly do you mean? 55 levels......about a day of playing......are they adding more prestiges past gold cross?
I'm already 55 on my first prestige (the golden eagle), but i didn't really pay attention to how long i had to wait to prestige the first time around, so i wanna know how long i have to now.. I really wanna get going on my next prestige.