Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Sheva's already pissing me off, she keeps getting chopped up by chain saw guy. I hate cpu partners, the AI is always so bad.

As for some other complaints...the controls do indeed suck after playing the likes of Dead Space and the infected run at you and then just stop, waiting to be killed. I know this has always been the resident evil way but, by today's standard, it's pretty bad. The game is still fun but, geez the controls annoy me. I love the series but, slow/stupid infected dudes, shotty ai, lack of ammo as always, and clunky controls...do make it feel a bit outdated. My last tiny complaint...Chris Redfield. Dude is on roids or something and has disproportionate arms. Freakin' Popeye arms, his forearms are massive, he looks terrible.

I think the fact that it is Resident Evil is the reason it has been scoring so high, review wise. Because, if it was any other game or series, save MGS or something along those lines, this stuff wouldnt fly and it would really effect it's score.
To bad you couldnt get it for 360 i would have ran through it with you. Also try speeding up the Aiming it helps with the "Clunkyness".

Also the further you get in the more natural it becomes and the less you notice it.

If you can honestly put up with the CPU and the semi crappy controls the game is really quite good
Old 03-29-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my mate are up to Professional right now. One hit and in 'dying' from your average joe zombie, yeh this could be a little tricky....
Old 03-29-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jus got my 12+1 month subcription all this talk about michael myers and cops n robbers makes want to play add me ill be on later tonight if yall wanna play GT is in the sig

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Jus got my 12+1 month subcription all this talk about michael myers and cops n robbers makes want to play add me ill be on later tonight if yall wanna play GT is in the sig
Get on 4 so we can pwn some S&D.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sold a bunch of my old games (plus a japanese copy of Halo I got for free) and accumulated $96 of credit at gamestop. I really did not expect that much.

I am looking to buy RE5. What do you guys think? Are there any other games worth it?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Save your money for Modern Warefare 2! :p
Old 03-29-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol fun times playing halo with nfldc people
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I had a blast.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Save your money for Modern Warefare 2! :p
I can't wait for November.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I sold a bunch of my old games (plus a japanese copy of Halo I got for free) and accumulated $96 of credit at gamestop. I really did not expect that much.

I am looking to buy RE5. What do you guys think? Are there any other games worth it?
Ever play Dead Space or Mass Effect? RE5 is a little clunky as a lot of us have been saying but, it's still a lot of fun but, if you want to go cheaper...Mass Effect is like $20 and Dead Space is probably $45 used.

I prefer Dead Space to RE5 actually...but, they're both sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

If you like RE4 it is definitely worth it. I don't know what other poster's problems with the controls are, but they are perfectly fine for me.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
If you like RE4 it is definitely worth it. I don't know what other poster's problems with the controls are, but they are perfectly fine for me.
Tank controls...they're outdated. Given that they've scrapped the horror genre and have moved into action, you'd figure they would improve upon the controls. Just like Dead Space did, using RE4 as a template.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ever play Dead Space or Mass Effect? RE5 is a little clunky as a lot of us have been saying but, it's still a lot of fun but, if you want to go cheaper...Mass Effect is like $20 and Dead Space is probably $45 used.

I prefer Dead Space to RE5 actually...but, they're both sweet.
I'm really thinking of getting one or the other, but they aren't like Fallout 3 are they? That was the crappiest shooting engine I had ever played and I was just wandering around in the dark for too long, graphics were the best part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can get Mass Effect for like 10-15 dollars nowadays.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm really thinking of getting one or the other, but they aren't like Fallout 3 are they? That was the crappiest shooting engine I had ever played and I was just wandering around in the dark for too long, graphics were the best part.
Dead Space is basically RE4 in space. Mass Effect is in the mold of a Fall Out because, it is a shooter RPG but, it is the awesomeness. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You can get Mass Effect for like 10-15 dollars nowadays.
Yeah I'm sure. I know you can buy it new for a little under $20 or you can spend $20 on the newest release, which includes the DLC with it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I had a blast.
2 perfections - blast

Losing to camping boosters - ***

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
2 perfections - blast

Losing to camping boosters - ***
The trifecta has to get together tomorrow to play. Just when Pat White and Joe Flacco thought they escaped.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just beat RE5. Fun game but, the lack of ammo at the end got annoying. I literally had none at the end and neither did Sheva. I had to knife the hell out of the final boss. But w/e, it worked. haha. Some of the other boss battles were sooooooo long...I mean you could probably breeze through them if you always had an RPG but, I never had them so, the bosses took a long time to beat and I mean a long time. I didnt die very often in boss battles, though. They were all pretty straight forward, you always knew what to hit and there are always QTEs that flash on the screen so, it's easy to stay alive if you can just match the buttons, which is easy. All the bosses are slow as molasses and keep doing the same thing so yeah, it was easy to stay alive. I'd say the bosses were all actually surprisingly easy but again, it just took forever to beat them.

According to my stats, it took me 10:15'34" on NORMAL to beat the game. Not very long but it was a lot of fun. And it says I was killed by the Reapers and Chainsaw Majini the most. 7x by the Reapers and 3x by Chainsaw dude. I love games like this that keep your stats for you. Like how many miles I ran on foot in GTA4. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-31-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just beat RE5. Fun game but, the lack of ammo at the end got annoying. I literally had none at the end and neither did Sheva. I had to knife the hell out of the final boss. But w/e, it worked. haha. Some of the other boss battles were sooooooo long...I mean you could probably breeze through them if you always had an RPG but, I never had them so, the bosses took a long time to beat and I mean a long time. I didnt die very often in boss battles, though. They were all pretty straight forward, you always knew what to hit and there are always QTEs that flash on the screen so, it's easy to stay alive if you can just match the buttons, which is easy. All the bosses are slow as molasses and keep doing the same thing so yeah, it was easy to stay alive. I'd say the bosses were all actually surprisingly easy but again, it just took forever to beat them.

According to my stats, it took me 10:15'34" on NORMAL to beat the game. Not very long but it was a lot of fun. And it says I was killed by the Reapers and Chainsaw Majini the most. 7x by the Reapers and 3x by Chainsaw dude. I love games like this that keep your stats for you. Like how many miles I ran on foot in GTA4. :D
I unfortunately haven't beat it yet. I have been playing the hardest starting difficulty co-op (which is pretty crazy) with a friend and we haven't got a chance to finish it yet. There is something I want to know, does Mercenaries mode have co-op?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I unfortunately haven't beat it yet. I have been playing the hardest starting difficulty co-op (which is pretty crazy) with a friend and we haven't got a chance to finish it yet. There is something I want to know, does Mercenaries mode have co-op?
Yes Mercenaries can have co-op.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone up for some Left 4 Dead?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

New Prototype "story" Trailer.

It would be great if the graphics were better but, this game still looks all kinds of bad ass, imo. The Main character, Alex Mercer, is supposed to be one of the strongest or most powerful video game characters ever created with very little limitation, it should be a lot of fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i was looking at this game the other looks pretty cool.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just about to finish up my second play through of Mass Effect. The first time around I finished the game before having the chance to do many side missions. This time around did everything and it was awesome. The game was even better the second time around.