Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Indigo Prophecy is one of my all-time favorite games...David Cage admits that the ending and well the last 3rd of the game had been rushed...yeah, that was a stupid couple of endings there but, Fable 2's was garbage...it just ends and you have nothing to do w/ it. It's not satisfying at all...well, you killed my sister, meh, oh well. bye. BOO! haha. The whole main story is building you up for some big final showdown...but oops, we forgot to add one. Most anticlimactic ending ever, an idiotic move, that basically hurts the entire game.
I absolutely loved Indigo Prophecy as well, until the point of the game where they must have taken a few hits on the crack pipe to justify the ending to themselves. It completely went off on one, it was flat out stupid. I was much more disappointed with that because at least Fable's ending kind of made sense at least, they just didnt do a good job of translating it to action. It ended where it started and took you on a good ride for a while.

I do agree though, no final battle and the ending is a massive massive let down but I dont think it's the game killer that has been made out.

lol @ Ghostbusters, that's a great ending for apparently a great game.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is fallout 3 comparable to Mass Effect? I am intrigued by this game, can someone give me a game that its comparable to? Does it sacrifice gameplay for a deep role playing experience or vice versa?
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Is fallout 3 comparable to Mass Effect? I am intrigued by this game, can someone give me a game that its comparable to? Does it sacrifice gameplay for a deep role playing experience or vice versa?
The best comparison by far is Bioshock I think. So far it has not sacrificed game play at all for role playing. The whole you can be good or evil thing fits with the story quite nicely. For instance, I just went into a town and a shady man offered to pay may a nice somoe of money to activate the live nuke in the middle of town. I did just that and then met him in a luxury apartment like building way in teh distance and we detonated the bomb and watched as the nuke went off in what was on the finest finest looking events I have ever seen in all my years of gameplay. For that I got negative karma as they call it and lots of it. Now that town is gone and I cannot do quests in it or trade there. You know on second thought I would call it Bioshock meets Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Damn fine game.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You know on second thought I would call it Bioshock meets Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Damn fine game.
Pretty fine assessment.

If I were to explain it briefly.....a non-linear bioshock.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...-gamer/1260470

Ok we need to try and spread out to find Libid! He came back to us only to have this happen. Poor poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
MJK

Just beat Dead Space. It was pretty much a movie. Great game. Not quite as good as the 9/10 averages it gets, as parts of it get repetitive. But great game.

Now I can finally move on to Fallout 3! Hopefully which I can beat before Gears 2, which I hope I can beat before Left 4 Dead...

Wow. So many great games, seeing as I just beat Fable II, still have NBA 2K to play, and never even got to pick up Far Cry 2, Silent Hill, and don't think I'll have time for Mirror's Edge.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone playing the COD5 beta?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do you get in on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have a extra free COD: W@W beta code, mad +rep over and over. If you have one, pm it to me

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't played Halo3 in awhile so I got on Live earlier and saw something about Halo:Recon. Read up on it and it looks pretty cool. Anyone else excited for this?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone help me?
Whenever I try simming a week during Madden, it always freezes. And when I try to save my game, it also freezes.
What should I do about this? Email one of the companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Haven't played Halo3 in awhile so I got on Live earlier and saw something about Halo:Recon. Read up on it and it looks pretty cool. Anyone else excited for this?
Looks pretty good. Is this the E3 thing that was delayed?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Can someone help me?
Whenever I try simming a week during Madden, it always freezes. And when I try to save my game, it also freezes.
What should I do about this? Email one of the companies?
I'd say just try and restart the franchise (start a new,) and delete the old one and see if it works.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I'd say just try and restart the franchise (start a new,) and delete the old one and see if it works.

Urrgh, I'm a few seasons in too.
Oh well.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

After playing it enough, I am ready to grade Fallout 3.

8/10

Quick hits
Graphically intense (It is a slightly streamlined Oblivion engine), you can do things in the order you want (but don't think that this game is that non-linear), body part targeting gets old after about 2 hours, wasteland environment gets tired before the body targeting system does.....

Very good game. Borderline great. Nowhere near a Half Life 2 caliber.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
MJK

Personally, I think Half-Life is a little overrated.

For its time it was great, but, honestly, as a game right now I don't see how Fallout 3 couldn't be better.

If you're saying "impact on gaming", then yeah, Half-Life is probably better, but comparing games as they are right now?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Personally, I think Half-Life is a little overrated.

For its time it was great, but, honestly, as a game right now I don't see how Fallout 3 couldn't be better.

If you're saying "impact on gaming", then yeah, Half-Life is probably better, but comparing games as they are right now?
Right now. As we speak. HL2 is better.

The storyline is flawless, the audio...flawless, the graphics...still adequate. Just one of the most immersing game experiences ever.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just downloaded Banjo Kazooie N&B demo. Brings back memories of the N64.
COD5 10 days!!! don't think it will be as good as # 4 though.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Right now. As we speak. HL2 is better.

The storyline is flawless, the audio...flawless, the graphics...still adequate. Just one of the most immersing game experiences ever.
The gameplay, however, compared to what we have now is nothing special. Vehicle driving in Half-Life is straight out bad. The weapon selection is nothing special, other than the grav gun.

Also, it had a lot of repetitive environments, which it seems to get away with.

The storyline is good, however, it does sometimes get a little boring, and doesn't bring anything new in. There were occasions where I could just stop playing the game, and not be itching to find out what happens 20 minutes later.

I mean, Halo has better FPS elements and MUCH better driving, along with arguably better environments, however the story for HL2 is better. The weapons in a lot of games blow out HL2, because it doesn't really have a weapon that's super fun to use, other than the grav gun/saw blade combo (The line gun from Dead Space is probably one of my most satisfying guns to use at the moment, in case anyone is interested). A game like STALKER has better gameplay elements, as well as free roaming and the ability to buy and sell stuff. I could go on, but you catch my drift.

It does do a great job bringing almost everything together. But I still think that people over hype the game.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About to leave to pre-order GOW 2 and I am strongly considering getting the Special/Limited Edition.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's included with that caddy?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard you get a gold gun if you get the collector's edition GoW2 that and the cover art is pretty badass.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
MJK

As well as oral sex from the Queen locust. You know you love her voice.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
What's included with that caddy?
Your lancer in online play is gold, you get some art books or something along those lines, a special DVD with creation footage, the steel case and a picture related to gameplay.

It's only a few extra bucks and I have a new job so I thought I'd splurge.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote