Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I am really liking Battlefield 1943, lot of fun. We should have a BF43 game night.
Anyone else up for something like this?

Here's the website: http://www.battlefield1943.com/ You buy it off XBox Live for 1,200 MS points.

Basically, for those of you who don't know, it's a strictly online multiplayer FPS game - similar to Call of Duty, if you need a comparison. It's one squad vs another, and one squad can hold as much as 12 players. You have 3 different classes to choose from: Rifle, Submachine Gun, and Sniper. You can also pilot vehicles from planes, tanks, buggies, and boats.

Here are some trailers:

And last but not least, Coral Sea...

Anyway, I could get like maybe 2-3 other guys from a different website who play to join up with us. Just need to know if any guys here would be up for playing one night like Geo said earlier.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been planning on getting Battlefield 1943, but it's going to have to wait behind Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Gears 2 Dark Corners DLC.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question about Left 4 Dead. Can 2 XBOX Live players play online at the same time on the same TV and Xbox, like in Halo?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Question about Left 4 Dead. Can 2 XBOX Live players play online at the same time on the same TV and Xbox, like in Halo?
Yes plus ten.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Anyway, I could get like maybe 2-3 other guys from a different website who play to join up with us. Just need to know if any guys here would be up for playing one night like Geo said earlier.
Tuesday night is Battlefield night!

Let's do this.

GT: x cooldude x
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Tuesday night is Battlefield night!

Let's do this.

GT: x cooldude x
Awesome, I'll add ya! My tag is Pepe McNasty. I have two said they're in. That'd give us a 4-man team, which'll allow us to have two in planes as a pilot/wingman and two on the ground at driver/gunner if we want.

Anyone else up for the fun?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just had a sick run in COD4.

Playing HCHQ, went 55-15, 63-14, 24-2, and 15-3. The last two games we played a small team so we captured and finished the game very early.

That's probably the best run of games i've ever had.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about maybe starting another Fallout 3 campaign...hmm. So many hours, though. Kind of a turn off.

I also plan on starting another Mass Effect one sometime. Dont really have a whole lot of time to play, though. Should take forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm thinking about maybe starting another Fallout 3 campaign...hmm. So many hours, though. Kind of a turn off.

I also plan on starting another Mass Effect one sometime. Dont really have a whole lot of time to play, though. Should take forever.
I started playing Mass Effect again, but on PC this time. It was only $20 and the DLC was free by registering your cd key.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. That's something I have to get for both games...all the DLC. Mass Effect's is really cheap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just had a sick run in COD4.

Playing HCHQ, went 55-15, 63-14, 24-2, and 15-3. The last two games we played a small team so we captured and finished the game very early.

That's probably the best run of games i've ever had.
That's pretty solid. My best runs have been 28-2, 35-5, 38-7.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield is a great game to play when you have nothing else to do IMO. I probably play it for 30mins a day when Im bored. Im down to play with you guys if we want to have a BF1943 night. Add me: yimmyraw69

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
That's pretty solid. My best runs have been 28-2, 35-5, 38-7.
If you're playing Hardcore, the best way to just shred everyone is to use your best gun (as in the one you're most comfortable with), and run Bando with UAV Jammer. Flank them opposite of wherever the Headquarters are. Today i was just in the zone. I'd just see everyone before they could shoot me. I usually get a high number of kills, but not usually that little deaths.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you're playing Hardcore, the best way to just shred everyone is to use your best gun (as in the one you're most comfortable with), and run Bando with UAV Jammer. Flank them opposite of wherever the Headquarters are. Today i was just in the zone. I'd just see everyone before they could shoot me. I usually get a high number of kills, but not usually that little deaths.
Did you ever fix your problem with joining parties?

I bought The Secret of Monkey Island on the XBLA. This game is bringing back memories. Awesome humor and an easy way to kill time.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Did you ever fix your problem with joining parties?

I bought The Secret of Monkey Island on the XBLA. This game is bringing back memories. Awesome humor and an easy way to kill time.
Nope, it's my router. I have no idea what the hell it is this time though. With my previous router, the strict NAT settings would come up. So i did the whole static IP deal, and it worked (as you know, we've played more than a few occasions together). Then it stopped working with that router, then we bought a new one, and now no errors come up. I test the settings through the dashboard, everything comes out okay, i downloaded a port checker tool, checked em and all, did the static IP and still nothing. I have no idea how to fix it.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nope, it's my router. I have no idea what the hell it is this time though. With my previous router, the strict NAT settings would come up. So i did the whole static IP deal, and it worked (as you know, we've played more than a few occasions together). Then it stopped working with that router, then we bought a new one, and now no errors come up. I test the settings through the dashboard, everything comes out okay, i downloaded a port checker tool, checked em and all, did the static IP and still nothing. I have no idea how to fix it.
Try turning off the firewall on the computer than your router runs through. I know you're not supposed to do that cause you put your computer at risk, but it can prevent people from connecting to you. Then when you get off XBL, turn the firewall back on. It's worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
Battlefield is a great game to play when you have nothing else to do IMO. I probably play it for 30mins a day when Im bored. Im down to play with you guys if we want to have a BF1943 night. Add me: yimmyraw69
Cool, I'll add ya. We're gonna play tomorrow night.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Try turning off the firewall on the computer than your router runs through.
Explain a little better?

I have my modem, which connects directly to my router. I connect on my laptop through wireless, my x box has an ethernet cable running to it, as does my brother's ps3 and his computer. What firewall would i need to turn off?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Explain a little better?

I have my modem, which connects directly to my router. I connect on my laptop through wireless, my x box has an ethernet cable running to it, as does my brother's ps3 and his computer. What firewall would i need to turn off?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your connection goes:

Desktop computer -> Internet modem -> Wireless router "i" Laptop -> Xbox 360

-> = cable connection
"i" = wireless connection

I don't have that many connections, so I'm not 100% positive. My XBL is connected directly to the router through an ethernet cord, so it's a straight connection. The firewall I suggest to turn off would be on the computer than is connected to the router (Desktop computer). If you also use your laptop as a junction point for internet access to your XBox, then the firewall may need to be turned off on it since it's like a 2nd line of defense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another seldom talked about game, releasing this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-04-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

For the Battlefield: 1943 guys...

Great montage with some great tips. Loading up your buggy with dynamite and using it as a projectile bomb is super effective (dare I say a critical hit?) and is insanely fun. Oh, and the guy was only able to no scope a fighter plane...

This is a great tutorial on dropping bombs in the plane. It helped me out a ton. Y'know those pilots who can nail a moving buggy with his bombs, and you wonder how when you can't hit the broad side of a barn? That's how!

If RaiderNation can play, that makes 5 of us. I'll be on around 8 PM EST tomorrow, so just message me on XBL and I'll invite ya to the party. We'll have to constantly be in party chat cuz game chat function on the game is on the fritz and cuts out 5 minutes into games. :(

My BF1943 stat sig. Get yours at http://bf1943.elxx.net/index.php?platform=ps3!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

A new hack is going around cod4 online.. it's pissing me off.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A new hack is going around cod4 online.. it's pissing me off.
Are they using god mode again?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are flying around in COD4 now. My friend asked a random guy who was doing it to get the cheat for him ...... the guy hacked my friends account lmao. Its pretty *** though, it will be fixed in a week or so

Im down to play some BF1943 tonight if you guys want. I can play a ton though because Im gonna play some beer pong at my friends starting at 7:30pm pacific time

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Are they using god mode again?
Yeah, what RaiderNation said. Basically they fly around the map, and you can't kill them. The only way i believe you can kill them is with a grenade or c4, but good luck with that.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Im on BF1943 right now if any1 wants to play

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota