Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just had a sick run in COD4.

Playing HCHQ, went 55-15, 63-14, 24-2, and 15-3. The last two games we played a small team so we captured and finished the game very early.

That's probably the best run of games i've ever had.
That's beastly. I start flanking when my team is trash, or full of snipers and nobody wants to participate in capturing or destroying a HQ, I usually like up close combat, but when I don't have at least one other person I'll use the UV Jammer and a silencer and try and figure out where their respawn point is.

I usually like being in the mix more so it's hard for me to get a good streak going, but the other day I got 7 kills and released my dogs and they didn't kill one person on a small ass board so I got pissed and quit. Some kind of glitch I think, when anyone else gets dog I end up dying 3 or 4 times just myself, have no idea how I could get dogs and get 0 kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they killed ur dogs
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's beastly. I start flanking when my team is trash, or full of snipers and nobody wants to participate in capturing or destroying a HQ, I usually like up close combat, but when I don't have at least one other person I'll use the UV Jammer and a silencer and try and figure out where their respawn point is.

I usually like being in the mix more so it's hard for me to get a good streak going, but the other day I got 7 kills and released my dogs and they didn't kill one person on a small ass board so I got pissed and quit. Some kind of glitch I think, when anyone else gets dog I end up dying 3 or 4 times just myself, have no idea how I could get dogs and get 0 kills.
Lol i know what you mean. Today i played a game and went 55-11, but i should have torn it up a lot more than that. I got three helicopters that match, and only one of them did any significant damage. The other two got me like five kills total.

I like playing HCHQ for the kills, honestly. I let my teammates capture and destroy HQs. The way i do it, is once the other team has a HQ and they have one or two guys left, i'll run opposite of wherever the HQ is being destroyed. As they spawn, i just start picking them off one by one.

UAV Jammer and Bandolier are essential though. In that game i mentioned after i went on a 15 kill streak, i ran out of ammo.. so i went kamikaze with my desert eagle lol. I got two kills before i was sniped.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sports Illustrated for a year and Madden 2010 for $49

I haven't gotten it because I will be moving in a month, but that seems like a bombass deal if you are planning on getting Madden.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Sports Illustrated for a year and Madden 2010 for $49

I haven't gotten it because I will be moving in a month, but that seems like a bombass deal if you are planning on getting Madden.
Damn't! What if I already have an SI subscription?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Im on BF1943 right now if any1 wants to play
I'm online now too. Sent ya a request. Geo hasn't approved mine yet... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Damn't! What if I already have an SI subscription?
Get your friend to buy Battlefield 1943 off XBox Live, and come play with me!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's nothing better on COD4 than the helicopters that just do work. I've had ones that have gotten me 10-15 killstreaks with just da choppa.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
they killed ur dogs
That's extremely rare though, especially on a small ass board like Courtyard where you barely have any room to run around, I think I just got hosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, what RaiderNation said. Basically they fly around the map, and you can't kill them. The only way i believe you can kill them is with a grenade or c4, but good luck with that.
Im wondering if I've just run into this. There is someone in my game (on the other team) who is 14-1. I thought this was odd because he called in a helicopter that was moving around strangely. I've never seen helicopters deviate from their usual flight plan much less clip through the ground when shot down.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Get your friend to buy Battlefield 1943 off XBox Live, and come play with me!!!
lol someones addicted. I got the trial version of BF 1943 and it was pretty cool. I used to love playing Battlefield 2 on the PC and it was basically a watered down version. You should try BF2 on the PC if you like PC shooters and BF1943.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Im wondering if I've just run into this. There is someone in my game (on the other team) who is 14-1. I thought this was odd because he called in a helicopter that was moving around strangely. I've never seen helicopters deviate from their usual flight plan much less clip through the ground when shot down.
Are you playing Hardcore? If not, make sure you see your killcams. Or you could see a guy flying around the map. Sometimes they jump to the outside borders so you cant even see them. Report all their asses, eventually they'll get banned.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Didn't see it, but you accepted mine so it's all taken care of.

Not much of a turn-out for this first Battlefield night, hopefully next Tuesday is better. We killed though, I think we only lost the first match and from then on we dominated.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry guys Im not gonna be able to play BF1943 tonight, gonna go play beer pong in a few. Maybe 2marrow

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Didn't see it, but you accepted mine so it's all taken care of.

Not much of a turn-out for this first Battlefield night, hopefully next Tuesday is better. We killed though, I think we only lost the first match and from then on we dominated.
Oh yeah, we bad!

Oh, and I totally sent a request to x cool dude x, not x cooldude x. >_<"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Okay, i will give a **** ton of rep, and thanks, and all that good stuff, to ANYONE, who can help me fix my problem...

I can't connect to anyone on Live. I've tried port forwarding, i've tried turning off firewalls, i run the "test connection" thing through the dashboard, and everything comes out okay, except i can't join other parties. This is really pissing me off, and i have no clue how to fix it. I've done everything. The only time i can actually connect to other parties is when i directly connect my internet to my x box, but that's a huge inconvenience to everyone at home because i'm not the only one who uses the internet.

I used to have a different router, and i had done the static IP deal and it worked for a while, then for some reason it went dead again. I really want this fixed because i play online a lot, and it ******* blows not being able to play with friends.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you sure have the right ports forwarded and it's they are forwarded for your xbox and not a laptop or something?

I had that NAT problem, but the forwarding fixed it.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Are you sure have the right ports forwarded and it's they are forwarded for your xbox and not a laptop or something?
The thing is that i try doing it as best as i possibly can, but the pictures on the forwarding website are NEVER exactly how they are on my routers webpage, so i don't know if i'm doing it right. And what do you mean "not a laptop or something"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I had that NAT problem, but the forwarding fixed it.
How is it my NAT though if when i run the test, it doesn't come up saying i have a strict NAT?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Okay, i will give a **** ton of rep, and thanks, and all that good stuff, to ANYONE, who can help me fix my problem...

I can't connect to anyone on Live. I've tried port forwarding, i've tried turning off firewalls, i run the "test connection" thing through the dashboard, and everything comes out okay, except i can't join other parties. This is really pissing me off, and i have no clue how to fix it. I've done everything. The only time i can actually connect to other parties is when i directly connect my internet to my x box, but that's a huge inconvenience to everyone at home because i'm not the only one who uses the internet.

I used to have a different router, and i had done the static IP deal and it worked for a while, then for some reason it went dead again. I really want this fixed because i play online a lot, and it ******* blows not being able to play with friends.
So I'm assuming your connected with a wireless connection for your xbox? If all else fails you could always buy a switch and run a separate cable to your xbox

What Site are you using to guide you through the port forwarding?
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
So I'm assuming your connected with a wireless connection for your xbox? If all else fails you could always buy a switch and run a separate cable to your xbox

What Site are you using to guide you through the port forwarding?
I am connected through an ethernet cable. What's this switch you speak of? I was actually thinking about that earlier, if there was a way i could split the connection directly from my modem and bypass my router completely.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=3944&ic=48_0&search_query= switch&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

Any electronic store/department will have a switch and they are basically a dumbed down version of a router, they have no firewall or anything and just split up an internet connection and work wonders :)

Whats the model number of your router??? Might be able to save you some money... I work in a Internet Help Desk so I should be able to help you
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=3944&ic=48_0&search_query= switch&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

Any electronic store/department will have a switch and they are basically a dumbed down version of a router, they have no firewall or anything and just split up an internet connection and work wonders :)

Whats the model number of your router??? Might be able to save you some money... I work in a Internet Help Desk so I should be able to help you
Wow, holy ****, that's more expensive than i was imagining. I'm gonna go to Radio Shack and see if i can find a small little splitter, kinda like the ones you use in a phone line, to see if i can do that.

And my router is a Belkin G Router Model F5D-7234-4 v.3
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I'll look it up when I get home... I just got off work and I'll PM you in 1/2 hour or so
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Big, big, big, enormous thanks to Crites for helping me out. We tried a hundred things, and eventually we got to what the problem was. Can't say enough about how helpful this guy was. I'm giving him rep every single time i can.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Big, big, big, enormous thanks to Crites for helping me out. We tried a hundred things, and eventually we got to what the problem was. Can't say enough about how helpful this guy was. I'm giving him rep every single time i can.
Haha thanks bud. Glad I could help.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started Lost Planet again tonight. Still havent beat it so, I plan on doing so. :) The controls took a little while to get used to, but they're not too bad. A little tanky.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote